[Tool] Looty! Very fast stash search & XP tracking.

"
"
suni3mo wrote:

If extension does not work altogether feel free to PM me, and i'll try to help you, and anyone who reads this too.

Is there any way to have searches ignore equipment on characters ?

That is rather late response, I'm not able to see notifications when post is updated, what a shame.

in short yes

Go to page Refresh/Tabs and click on character names, and they will be excluded from results.
Sadly it does not persist through page reload like changing to other league, refresh page, etc.
In regards to being throttled, when doing a full *league* refresh (not standard) and watching the Network tab in the Chrome inspector, I would see multiple requests for the same tab/character. I'm not very experienced with that feature (and networking) so maybe I'm miss reading it.

I know when I run my own little program and grab them in serial, I can get all tabs with no rate limiting. I only have 28 tabs.

This is with the 0.2.1.78 version in Chrome.

Also, nice program! I've been trying to make something similar for a while and am impressed by what it can do. GGG doesn't make it easy :(
"
qetuop wrote:
In regards to being throttled, when doing a full *league* refresh (not standard) and watching the Network tab in the Chrome inspector, I would see multiple requests for the same tab/character. I'm not very experienced with that feature (and networking) so maybe I'm miss reading it.

I know when I run my own little program and grab them in serial, I can get all tabs with no rate limiting. I only have 28 tabs.

Hey, and thanks for stopping by.
Reason why you get all tabs without rate limit is that Private Stash Tab API - which you and this program uses, has limit of 45 requests per 60s time window.
You can check how much requests you already did with Response Headers in field
x-rate-limit-account-state, and limit in x-rate-limit-account
Here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2079853 is description from Novynns (ggg web dev) what does it mean (although its for Trade API, and has different limits.

"
qetuop wrote:

Also, nice program! I've been trying to make something similar for a while and am impressed by what it can do. GGG doesn't make it easy :(

Thanks! What your program does?
https://imgur.com/a/ga38DpK
This is the network requests from Looty when I refresh a league. It looks like it does 2 queries per tab and thus my 28 tabs end up hitting the 45 request limit prematurely. Wasn't sure if a bug or not.

I had written a simple python program to grab my uniques from standard and the current league to try and keep track of which ones I didn't have. I did code a request, in python, to handle the unique stash tab. Probably not great but you're welcome to it.
https://github.com/qetuop/poetory/blob/master/poetory.py

Been trying to make something more robust, grab everything, store in a db, display to web browser using python and flask. But just not very motivated :p
"
qetuop wrote:
This is the network requests from Looty when I refresh a league. It looks like it does 2 queries per tab and thus my 28 tabs end up hitting the 45 request limit prematurely. Wasn't sure if a bug or not.

I had written a simple python program to grab my uniques from standard and the current league to try and keep track of which ones I didn't have. I did code a request, in python, to handle the unique stash tab. Probably not great but you're welcome to it.

Been trying to make something more robust, grab everything, store in a db, display to web browser using python and flask. But just not very motivated :p

I don't know python, but I'll try to read it :)

Thanks! i will look into double request - although QuadTabs needs 2 request to get their content.
Yup I F* something in previous update :/

does your code works (i dont have uniquestash tab) ? they added UniqueStash type to API ? :O It is/was not possible to read its contents, as is with Map tab.

Is it true for any new stashtabs like delve etc?
"
suni3mo wrote:
"
qetuop wrote:

I don't know python, but I'll try to read it :)

Thanks! i will look into double request - although QuadTabs needs 2 request to get their content.
Yup I F* something in previous update :/

does your code works (i dont have uniquestash tab) ? they added UniqueStash type to API ? :O It is/was not possible to read its contents, as is with Map tab.

Is it true for any new stashtabs like delve etc?

No new api that I'm aware of for unique tab but I haven't checked in a while. This was plain old html scraping :( Easily broken should they change their page. Looks like you can't view a player's stash so would be hard to code up without one. They can share it, that might allow you to see the same same html.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me question GGG's thinking when they rely so heavily on 3rd party tools to make their game *playable*.

If you can handle scala, python should be a breeze!
"
qetuop wrote:

No new api that I'm aware of for unique tab but I haven't checked in a while. This was plain old html scraping :( Easily broken should they change their page. Looks like you can't view a player's stash so would be hard to code up without one. They can share it, that might allow you to see the same same html.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me question GGG's thinking when they rely so heavily on 3rd party tools to make their game *playable*.

If you can handle scala, python should be a breeze!

Haha :) I'm not an author, I just help as much as I can (tinkering around source code), but I'm far from being comfortable with scala.

As for site scrapping just for this special stashtab... that's some valid option, thanks, I'll have to think about it.

BTW I'm still investigating what I've broke.
Absolutely great tool! When I have to re-equip and re-balance I wasn't even bothering with the rings and amulets in my stash because it was too painful to min/max. I would end up going to poe.trade and simply searching there and buying stuff. In fact, this is so frustrating that I would simply not play for weeks sometimes as re-gearing was painful. But with Looty I can search my existing inventory first. Too awesome!!
"
jesmoy wrote:
Absolutely great tool! When I have to re-equip and re-balance I wasn't even bothering with the rings and amulets in my stash because it was too painful to min/max. I would end up going to poe.trade and simply searching there and buying stuff. In fact, this is so frustrating that I would simply not play for weeks sometimes as re-gearing was painful. But with Looty I can search my existing inventory first. Too awesome!!

That's great! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. :)
Some new thing that's coming soon is Dark mode for Looty for night play sessions, and support for some new affixes.
Do you have requests for some specific affix maybe?
Great tool, thank you!
I had been using the trade tool to search my stashes for specific combinations of attributes (balancing resists for example). Since the trade tool isn't available for SSF... I was stuck there. This very nicely solve the problem.

Here's a cool problem to think about.... Since this data is now easily available... it would be a cool to have a tool to sift the data and find items to equip a character to balance resists. Specify which items are switchable... and what other attributes are required then let the tool find the rings, belt, amulet (or whatever) to satisfy the constraints and max resists.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info