GGG fooling people with beta invites.

That is my opinion before I found out about this game and this is the true.

I got lucky with twitter and I got my key. If you check my posts I didn't even wanted a key that much.

Maybe you should do the same. After all this is just a game.

Edit: and Cloud5107, I don't think you understood what I said.
Last edited by Takiah on Sep 19, 2011, 7:17:30 AM
No organization
Im just frustrated that there are so many inactive or utterly retarded, useless people getting a beta key, when there are loads of competent people who should be given a key, but isnt :p I guess i cant say with certainty what their goals with the beta are, but if decent feedback is one of them then most of the people ive seen on timer shouldnt have gotten a key -.-' (yes i know, random is random)
Last edited by Degn89 on Sep 19, 2011, 7:19:02 AM
I know, life isn't fair but this doesn't happen only here, with this game.

Many of you are blaming GGG like they are the only ones.

This happened before with other games and will happen again.

Let's say they delete all inactive members and then after one week you are still without a key. What say then? :)
Honestly if you feel impatient about getting a beta key, you need to realize that this "game" is still a work in progress, so many things have changed since closed beta launched, so many things NEED to change... I can say from personal experience you WILL enjoy the game a LOT MORE if you get a beta key later than sooner... I got booted 30 times in an hour and a half with one build... I kept trying, it is a job at this point not just entertainment, yes it's fun but your first game play experience will be a LOT MORE FUN than I got out of mine.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
Nothing is perfect. You can't deny the forum inactive their access to the beta by focusing on the active only.

Forget about the timer for a little while and focus on the friends invite. People around here specially the new ones help each other (the actives) and they are not friends exactly. A lot of September guys are in just by being positive and helpful.

Stay solid guys. Worst come to worst every one gonna have a shot after 3 months or so. Getting in before that would be nice though.
Last edited by GrayRaven on Sep 19, 2011, 7:41:46 AM
Relax yoself! You will get to play at some point, try to occupy yourself with other things or games! TF2 is FREE on steam and it's a lot of fun! Portal is free on steam if you download it before the 20th, you get to keep it FOREVER! There are things out there to do while you wait!

Would you be upset if I got an invite!? I only have 20 posts over a 1 month period! I am pretty inactive here, but that doesn't mean I am not reading the forums. If any of these inactives are like me they just spend time lurking for a few hours a day and reading. I don't feel like I ever have much to contribute that hasn't been said already, so I keep it to myself for the most part.

GGG isn't fooling anyone, they aren't giving out beta invites to ONLY inactive accounts. The likely scenario is that the active people are the minority. Most people have self control and patience, or just don't plain give a damn. They are content with going about their normal lives and just waiting for the email to come in, or swing by the site once every few days.

The odds are low for everyone. If it happens it happens, and you'll be happy about it. If it doesn't... well... you can just wait until open beta, and be happy then. If you buy Magic 2012 on steam I'd be glad to spend about 8 hours a day playing with you to help occupy your time! :P

Your time will come!(grrr!!)
Last edited by Sodapopinski on Sep 19, 2011, 7:59:56 AM
"
Cloud5107 wrote:
"
Torches wrote:
"
Cloud5107 wrote:
Says the person already in beta...

He had to wait just like we all are doing now. Patience is a virtue. :)

Yes but he is not waiting anymore and telling all of us waiting for a key to 'get over it'

As those complaining should.
As far as conspiracy theories go, this on is batshit insane.

They're not fooling anyone, there's just no way GGG has the time or manpower to design and implement some invite system which would interview, judge, rate and finally pick ideal candidates for the beta, so they just pick them at random.

Simple as that.
As this is a F2P , it will need huge amounts of beta testers to spread the word about the game.

If this "133 people playing" is viewed as high...they should call this an alpha, the beta must be in the thousands to be considered a -proper- beta.

Anyway , i do not like the direction D3 is going and i look forward to playing this game.

Here`s hoping people will hear about it and don`t just follow the D3 hype bandwagon.
Last edited by slickysan on Sep 19, 2011, 8:49:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info