Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

GGG fooling people with beta invites.

"
DarkWestern wrote:
"
SethRa wrote:
Beta timer gives out keys to users who have registered on this page months ago and never posted or visited the page again. This is where the fooling part kicks in...

People are still excited as they see beta keys are given out. Everybody have high hopes for getting a key but keys are mainly given out to inactive/passive users. Those keys are never used. This means the total amount of beta users is increasing. But the number of new active users who are going to activate their beta account and actually try out the game is very low. They already have enough beta testers and there is no need for more.

I understand computer games are a business and GGG needs to keep people interested in the game while Diablo 3 is knocking at the door.

This is my opinion about the current situation, feel free to express yours.

I would have to say, this is a closed beta, not everyone gets in.

Some sooner than others, some later.
If you really want to get in, try to post helpful posts, try to be active, make some friends, and maybe, just maybe, someone will say "Screw the random timer!" and hand your deserving self a friend invite.

Try it out.

SO HELPFUL TANK U BRAHAAHHAH
I repeat again some mod ban this troll,please.
"
snyki wrote:
I repeat again some mod ban this troll,please.

What are you talking about?
So...i have read some posts...

There is supposedly 1 server with ~100 players online. Closed beta started 10th of August, running time - 40 days... Beta timer started to give out keys at 35 minute intervals then it was changed it 25. Lets say it gave out ~2000 keys during those 40 days. I`ve also heard some rumors GGG gave out ~2500 keys at PAX Prime. There are also extra friend invites + GGG gave out many keys on different forums. We can`t forget small amount of ALPHA users. So there are more than 5000 keys given out for sure and yet there are ~100 people online during prime hours!!!

Chris stated that the Beta timer was reconfigured so active users are more likely to get in + number or friend invites given out doubled.

But still so few people playing...
"
oblomir wrote:
As far as conspiracy theories go, this on is batshit insane.

They're not fooling anyone, there's just no way GGG has the time or manpower to design and implement some invite system which would interview, judge, rate and finally pick ideal candidates for the beta, so they just pick them at random.

Simple as that.

Wow...Lets see how big boys do it...Diablo 3 is currently in F&F beta stage. That means developers handpicked a few amongst their friends and family and handed them some keys for the beta. So they can judge, rate and pick ideal candidates. Close to perfect isn`t it?
anyone who wants to play beta? please pm me first one ll get acc with beta. P.S: i have only one account.
Sodapopinski : won
Whoa really!? I will do ask you asked vazik, yes.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Some points for the OP and everyone else to consider:

• The main difference between this closed beta invite system and the ones used in different games is that this one shows the entire community who is being invited. If there was no timer (or it wasn't shown) we would have just as many "are people still being invited?" threads as we do complaint threads.
  • As you said, GGG might actually be happy with the current number of testers. If that is the truth, everyone should be grateful that the timer is still inviting. If they were unhappy with the current number, they would do something to invite more people, right?
  • You're assuming that accounts that didn't log in after creation won't play and test the game. This isn't true; I'm a prime example of someone who never logged in, but read the forums and news daily. Seeing all the complaints being posted now, I don't blame people for not wanting to be active on the forums.
  • Many of the 124,000+ accounts were created by dishonest people to cheat the system that started off being fair to everyone. Blame these cheaters, not GGG, for the majority of the inactive accounts that are invited.
  • Inviting only active forum members would do nothing but create more spam.
  • Inviting only accounts that log in would just slow the server.

The number of people playing at any given time is largely influenced by time of day. When I play in the morning (American CST), there are usually 100-110 online. When I play at night, there are usually 150+. Considering that most people don't play all day, we can safely assume that multiple times those amounts are logging in each day, at different times. A value is just a value when you can't see who is actually online when you check.

• This is the part i call fooling people...If GGG is happy about the current number of testers they should indeed stop the timer. People are hoping to get an invite but 90% of keys are going out to inactive users.
  • Yes, if you get into beta you have to be active or you are useless...Beta user has to give feedback about the game, how to improve,to report bugs etc.
  • Another wow...There has always been dishonest people who are willing to cheat. if GGG creates a game they have to take care that the game is enjoyable to everybody. It is their responsibility to prevent those people ruining the experience for others. If they don`t do anyhing, things like 5000 keys given out and less than 100 people online will happen!
  • Yea, it will definitely create more feedback about the game...you can call it spam if you wish but i don`t think that way.
  • That is not the thing user (casual player) has to worrie about.
Folks, I think that GGG is able to manage the Beta invites how they think that it gives them the best feedback to further develop the game. I am no Beta tester at the moment but I do not feel "fooled" by GGG or anyone else. Surely the Beta timer is a kind of teaser but hey, why should GGG not use any means to attract possible players? I find it great and the page is really worth visiting it several times a week.
I am looking forward to the following development steps and will surely go all the way till the game is open for all. Even if I do not get any Beta key...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info