GGG fooling people with beta invites.

Beta timer gives out keys to users who have registered on this page months ago and never posted or visited the page again. This is where the fooling part kicks in...

People are still excited as they see beta keys are given out. Everybody have high hopes for getting a key but keys are mainly given out to inactive/passive users. Those keys are never used. This means the total amount of beta users is increasing. But the number of new active users who are going to activate their beta account and actually try out the game is very low. They already have enough beta testers and there is no need for more.

I understand computer games are a business and GGG needs to keep people interested in the game while Diablo 3 is knocking at the door.

This is my opinion about the current situation, feel free to express yours.
Was watching Starcraft42's stream yesterday and there were 133 online players at the time and he said thats more than usual since there are 100 or less than 100 online at peak hours , that thing amazed me with the amount of keys that go out a day...
133 global or on that server?
To my knowledge there is only 1 server.
OP stop posting BS like this.
Yes beta giveaway system can be better, but that must be done manually. And that will just put more unnesesary work on dev shoulders.
Random is random... deal with it!
So you guys that keep raging about beta keys, do you what GGG to give now, let's say 5000 keys, then to end giving up keys?

With this random thingy you still have a chance. Other games have one wave of beta invites and that's it.

Think of Diablo 3, soooo many players there and only a few will receive an invite to closed beta.

I know everyone wants a beta key, but this will not happen do get over it!
"
Takiah wrote:
So you guys that keep raging about beta keys, do you what GGG to give now, let's say 5000 keys, then to end giving up keys?

With this random thingy you still have a chance. Other games have one wave of beta invites and that's it.

Think of Diablo 3, soooo many players there and only a few will receive an invite to closed beta.

I know everyone wants a beta key, but this will not happen do get over it!

Says the person already in beta...
"
Cloud5107 wrote:

He had to wait just like we all are doing now. Patience is a virtue. :)
"
Torches wrote:
"
Cloud5107 wrote:

He had to wait just like we all are doing now. Patience is a virtue. :)

Yes but he is not waiting anymore and telling all of us waiting for a key to 'get over it'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info