[INV/HC] Pohx's 1H Eva / Arm / Block / Spell Block / Vaal Cyclone [ MELEE MADNESS ] DS / Spectral

Is this build able to be done on a similar level with an axe, rather than a sword?
"
Umyx wrote:
Is this build able to be done on a similar level with an axe, rather than a sword?

Not really, I would recommend going to templar tree instead of ranger if you went Axes
Ever do any experimenting with Vaal Spectral Throw?
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
I'm going to replicate this build but change double strike for molten strike. Any advice?
How do pohx keep his life up with Double Strike? He dont have any Life gain on Hit linked with it. Anyone care to explain please?
He uses the Blood Rage skill combined with some chaos resistance.
Has anyone tried to use this build with just swapping out Double Strike for Molten Strike? It seems like the biggest limitation of the build is that Double Strike's damage gets underwhelming (not a crit build, 11k dps with a sword worth like 10 exalts). Molten Strike seems like it fixes the problem because for 4 points you can get Point Blank and Lava Lash (may not even need Lava Lash) and the skill itself scales insanely well. If a single projectile hits an enemy the base damage is already like 40% more than a Double Strike, and the only thing that scales DS phys damage that won't scale MS the same amount of Melee Physical Damage, but on the other hand, you get you benefit from the Conc Effect + PB combo for a huge multiplier on damage.

It would probably require actually using LGoH or Life Leech on a link since you'll be doing way less physical damage, but I feel like the damage would be much better overall. You still get all the benefits of the natural tankiness of the build, and everything else besides those 4 skill points is the same, so it seems like a good tradeoff to me.

Also, at what point is RT worth the points needed to get to it? I'm currently 71 and my accuracy is around 800 with a 18% accuracy implicit sword and 200 dex, and there's not really any more skill points I'm going to spend to get that up higher. My accuracy is only like 80%, so I would assume that spending 6 points to get to RT for the 25% more damage (80 * 125% = 100) is more worth it than any other possible damage nodes? Just from plugging in stats in PoE Builder (which I know isn't completely accurate considering my resists and my armor numbers are shown incorrectly), it seems that you would get more damage from putting 6 points into RT vs the 6 points spent on Blade Master and Fencing.
Last edited by Ultima66 on May 12, 2014, 8:38:15 AM
I'm currently at 16k dps with double strike and fairly happy (lvl 84). Don't think RT is worth it as it will only give you more screendps. Your estimated chance to hit is always calculated vs mobs at your character lvl and after lvl 78 you wont find many of those ;)
Better take a look at the spreadsheets to calculate your chance to hit.
hi, love this build Im trying on standard league.
but my questions are, this build is still good? for standard?
is updated?

Ty <3
up? xd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info