Zooming out the camera

I want to zoom out more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game is claustrophobic sometimes. Needs zoom out, said this a million times before.
While you currently need just a NASA regular supercomputer to run PoE, if they'd allow zooming out more, you'd have to tap in the fvkin Death Star to get enough teraflops for 6-man party, hi-res settings... :P

E:
The bigger issue is imo, not how "close" the camera is (its close, but you get used to it), but the viewing angle. Currently, going south is a lot more deadly than going north, which impacts gameplay (eg. I always clear maps so that most of it Im going in the two diagonal upward directions).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 29, 2015, 11:01:41 AM
Turn up the zoom out! :))
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Still not possible to zoom out farther ?
There are computer out there, who can handle this..
I was using zoom hack before, but now GGG can ban me for that. But I cant play without zooming it out, just cant. I started to search zoom hack just after I installed this game. Played this game for 1,5 years, gave about 300$ to this game . Stopped to play just after that ban crap started to happen and now wait for act 4 to see is there zoom changes or not. If there no changes so goodbye poe
Last edited by Dudoo on Apr 4, 2015, 7:55:03 PM
Bump

Please make it happen...in the Ascendancy more Zoomout Option

You dont want people to use Zoomhacks, so give them the Option to Zoomout alittle further, not much, just alittle more.

Banning those who use Zoomhack is just not cool, you force people to use it because you don't listen to the Suggestions for further Zooming out.

Im not using Zoomhack but i tried once, got warning to get Banned, so stopped long time ago, but i really hope for further Zoomout in Ascendancy Content Patch.

bump
rly important
Having as much Zoom-in and Zoom-out (+full camera-controls) as Spore would be something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_LMi55SLU

Then you could scroll all over the world and check what Greust is doing while you're in Act 4.

Peace,

-Professor Zoom-
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
"
Irish86 wrote:
Hi all!
This is my first post here, and I would like to say I'm enjoying this game much :)

Now to my question: I searched the forum but found only older topics and no real answer.
Zooming out with the mouse wheel to the max I still found myself too close to the character while I prefer a more distant view, I like to have the sorrounding under control.

Is there any way to distance the camera more?
I read some old post in wich some ppl said they were looking into it but there were technical difficulties, is it still true?

Yes, there is a way to zoom out the camera more:

Use an ultra wide screen resolution (wider than 21:9). If you span PoE across 3 monitors arranged side by side, you get a much larger view distance (2+ screens additional visible distance to the left and right of your character).

Edit: It's the lamest thing ever to fight against in pvp (especially if you're on a 4:3 or 16:10, since you consistently get targeted by things before you even see your opponent on your screen), but GGG aren't likely to do anything about it until it's more widespread. So have at it. (It's lame in PVE too since you can "offscreen" things (while seeing what you're "offscreening") before enemies wake up). Oh, and GGG buffed it via far shot.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Mar 2, 2016, 2:14:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info