Zooming out the camera

I would like to be able to zoom out more, but I understand if they leave it how it is - I'm used to it now anyway.
Pelerin of Wraeclast
I'm all for zooming out a bit more also. If people prefer it up close, then they can zoom in accordingly and everyone will have their needs met.
"
wheelercub wrote:
I'm all for zooming out a bit more also. If people prefer it up close, then they can zoom in accordingly and everyone will have their needs met.

sure lets implement zoom out.. as much as you want... just make the visibility range limited so when you zoom out you will have black boarders with a small circle of visibility of you character... does that satisfy thee? honestly are you people serious?
try page up and page down, this should be better view
sorry let me expand on this issue.

I could not zoom with mouse wheel, I did have mouse wheel zoom selected in options but it would only shake the screen a bit, not zoom.

Once I used page up page down to zoom the screen I found the mouse wheel then worked and the zoom level was way better.

This could be a bug, I suggest if your not happy with the zoom level to try the above method and see if it makes any difference.
They've obviously made all the art assets to the view so the chance of zooming out more is so unlikely as to just cause you headaches if you start pining after it.

There is a zoom hack out there if you really want it.

But why play the game wanting it to be different just because other games are so? This game is not TL2 and whatever else - it's PoE. It doesn't have the same view and it's MADE to work that way. Just play it for what it is and all your anguish will melt away.
IGN: ScrubcoreRulezBitch
Alt: HardcorePwnsScrubcore
I can't seem to be able to zoom out at all. I scroll down on the mouse wheel and it moves out, but immediately moves back in so I'm right back to where I started, only having seen the tiniest bit more. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
PoE Is great, but with the actuial zoomfaktor it gives u alawys some not really optimal gameexperience-

Esp as range class its just ridiculos:
A game where i dont even see 70% of the mobs im killing as caster is not really well through-thinked /designed mho. Esp as (icespear) witch i always have the feeling to be too close to the mobs and in merciless the way to stay alive is keep distance - so i dont even see most of the mobs im shooting at when theyre near the edge of the screen. . An Arpg where half the action is hidden due to limited camera zoom? - That cant really be it!

and besides of that, its always annoying to have to walk vertically (eg on 1920x1200) so the screen limits the range even more compared to a horizontal walk.

i REAlly like PoE , but even just seeing screenshots form other arpg games give that "Damn, the camera in PoE is just too close" everytime.

And everytime u get jumped by mobs u dont even see on screen (like the goatmen) makes u wanna curse the devs that they limited the zoom that way.

pls devs , give us one more zoom tick out. thats much MORE important then gazing at the texture arts, srsly.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine in so many modern games ....i just want to be able to zoomed out a little more so i can see more of whats going on. It bothered me in torchlight 2 as well, thankfully somebody modded it and allowed for a further zoomed out view.
I think the main issue here is not the max zoom distance but the angle of the view. Even after months of playing a lot it still does my brain in and feels uncomfortable/unnatural...

Actually, as you zoom towards the player, the camera angle becomes a lot better and much more natural. Unfortunately by that time you are way too zoomed in to play properly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info