No sound driver detected

Finaly found a solution (for me!!).

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1306249
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1384060

The totaly OUTDATED dsound.dll at the Path of Exile directory was the(my) problem!

Renamed/delated the file and suddenly PoE could detect my onboard-realtek sound.

I just pray, that GGG don't ban me for manipulating the game-files now :(.
Recently switched to windows 10.

Happens for me aswell everytime I open PoE for the first time.

Did not experience this issue on windows 7.
I also have this problem.

Launch game (30%) of time no sound driver detected
Restart client 95% of time it works
3rd restart 100%

Minor annoyance, but an annoyance none the less.

Setup: Logitech 933 headphones driver 8.94.36.0 date 4/28/2017
Win 10 fully updated
Steam version

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AicSk7fcxgN8gdgtDQtR983seRYIpQ Screenshot, the IMG tags were not liking my links

if you need a DX log or anything let me know.

Thanks
Last edited by linflas on Mar 14, 2018, 12:00:13 AM
Been having this problem recently again; every time I re download my sound driver it shows up for a couple seconds combined with some beeping audio then shows it as undetected again. Usually restarting my client has solved this in the past but now I haven't had any luck with that. Made sure my realtek audio drivers have been up-to-date but still no change.
Same issue here. Audio has a large chance of not being detected after a bootup of the game. Every now and then just closing and re-opening the game works, but most of the time I have to restart it a time or two to get it to detect my audio drivers.
Also started having this same problem. I'm playing on a GE72MVR and was initially using a Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro at home, no problems there.

However while travelling and trying to play, the on-board Realtek sound device is not found. Tried reinstalling drivers, tried to launch game with the software sound command, nothing works and just noted no sound device. As a workaround, I have USB headphones that work just fine with POE, shows up as a valid sound device.

No other games or apps with this problem. POE is having serious problems with on-board sound devices it seems.
GE73VR user here, I have the same issue as DaftMeat. On-board sound drivers aren't being detected. All my other games works fine though. Hopefully a patch comes around to fix this.
Error confirmed in September 2018.

I have 1 week old ASUS ROG Strix GL703VD. Not sure about soundcard type since I am away from home now, but feel free to check yourself at asus.com or elsewhere.

I have managed to run PoE with full sound (both headphones or built in speakers) like 5 times last week and it goes "No sound device detected" since then. I've tried mulitiple game restarts, computer restarts, full uninstall and new instalation.

There is a sound during Grinding gear logo, but never after that.

As far as I know, this issue has been reported many times. There are people who managed to fix the sound after one game restart, there are others who just messed with headphones settings in Windows before that so they had no ingame sound. I have virtually touched no ingame or out of the game settings.

All other applications and games seem to run without any trouble, but PoE does not.
Same here. I have this issue since like 2 years. But now it's just awful, I can spend like 10 minutes for just start the game, no sound, quit, start the game, no sound, quit....

Never get this kind of issue on a other game.
I just notice I get a log in my windows event when the game don't detect sound device (But my OS is in french... :

Nom de l’application défaillante AUDIODG.EXE, version : 10.0.17134.137, horodatage : 0xecd85e98
Nom du module défaillant : ntdll.dll, version : 10.0.17134.254, horodatage : 0xa5a334d4
Code d’exception : 0xc0000374
Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000000f4d3b
ID du processus défaillant : 0x2600
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d453a8b8175ac4
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\WINDOWS\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
ID de rapport : a21e68f0-ea18-4075-af87-347a5a1dd8a7
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type