No sound driver detected

same problem.GGG intro works-after login menu-no sound.
I cant play without sound=_=
4 days no sound game...
"
Error confirmed in September 2018.

I have 1 week old ASUS ROG Strix GL703VD. Not sure about soundcard type since I am away from home now, but feel free to check yourself at asus.com or elsewhere.

I have managed to run PoE with full sound (both headphones or built in speakers) like 5 times last week and it goes "No sound device detected" since then. I've tried mulitiple game restarts, computer restarts, full uninstall and new instalation.

There is a sound during Grinding gear logo, but never after that.

As far as I know, this issue has been reported many times. There are people who managed to fix the sound after one game restart, there are others who just messed with headphones settings in Windows before that so they had no ingame sound. I have virtually touched no ingame or out of the game settings.

All other applications and games seem to run without any trouble, but PoE does not.

I have EXACLTY the same problem... Playing with a ROG Strix GL703.
I tried all I've found on thread/forums like rebooting game/PC, forcing game launch as admin, verifiying game data from steam, typing "-swa" as steam launch property, updating audio drivers... Did I miss something ? Because nothing worked, I still have this "no sound device detected" problem.

Please GGG give a look on this thread and help us to figure out what is wrong, or just fix it. Thanks.
Issue: no sound driver detected

I'm playing PoE on an MSI Notebook with Logitech speakers connected, Realtek Audio Device, WIN10, on Steam. No sound in Game for several days.

This is what I've tried during the last 3 days to fix it:

Update Realtek drives
Change to Microsoft drives for audio
Change back to Realtek drivers
Disconnect Logitech speakers and try to run on Notebook speakers
Disabled all other audio devices in the system and run on Noteboock speakers
Tried -swa, etc. for the launch
ETC, ETC - all options the community recommended
Rebooted the Notebook and Game like 30 times

Result on every trail: no sound driver detected by PoE !!!

It's a pity, that the devs do not provide any patch to fix this. Especially if considering that this issue stands in the room since 2014!
I have wasted plenty of time on this - extremely frustrating.

Let me know please, whether or not someone is working on a solution here. Until then, the game is simply not recommendable.

My best
Checkingbu

I have an ASUS GL503V and I've been experiencing this issue since last week. I tried pretty much everything that's mentionned here without any result, but I found a few work-arounds you could try.

I saw on a similar thread on reddit that uninstalling ASUS Sonic Suite (Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar) fixed the issue. I tried that and it's true, I got the sound ingame to work again. BUT there's a catch, my external mic started malfunctionning. I read somewhere that the issue on MSI can be fixed by uninstalling the equivalent of Sonic Suite (try that yourself !).

So if you don't plan on using your mic or if for some reason it keeps working after uninstalling, you're set ! Enjoy the game !

I had to come up with something else though. What I tried is :
- Reinstall Sonic Suite 3 (via ASUS Install utility, super easy)
- Go to Task Manager, and on Startup tab disable Sonic Suite 3 at boot.
- Reboot
Now on my computer both the game and my mic work like a charm. Someone should try on MSI and post the result.

I hope it helps !

Side note : this is really an issue GGG should address. Even if the management of sound drivers turned out to be clunky on ASUS and MSI computers (so ~90% of gaming gears), unfortunately it's up to game makers to make up for it.
Last edited by Soushe on Nov 7, 2018, 2:02:07 AM
thank you soushe, doing this fixed my sound issue. I can see all my active devices now.
"
Soushe wrote:
I have an ASUS GL503V and I've been experiencing this issue since last week. I tried pretty much everything that's mentionned here without any result, but I found a few work-arounds you could try.

I saw on a similar thread on reddit that uninstalling ASUS Sonic Suite (Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar) fixed the issue. I tried that and it's true, I got the sound ingame to work again. BUT there's a catch, my external mic started malfunctionning. I read somewhere that the issue on MSI can be fixed by uninstalling the equivalent of Sonic Suite (try that yourself !).

So if you don't plan on using your mic or if for some reason it keeps working after uninstalling, you're set ! Enjoy the game !

I had to come up with something else though. What I tried is :
- Reinstall Sonic Suite 3 (via ASUS Install utility, super easy)
- Go to Task Manager, and on Startup tab disable Sonic Suite 3 at boot.
- Reboot
Now on my computer both the game and my mic work like a charm. Someone should try on MSI and post the result.

I hope it helps !

Side note : this is really an issue GGG should address. Even if the management of sound drivers turned out to be clunky on ASUS and MSI computers (so ~90% of gaming gears), unfortunately it's up to game makers to make up for it.

Hello !

I really have to thank you for your help !
This issue occured again a phew hours ago (at Betryal Launch....), so I retried every method like reinstalling drivers, rebooting PC many times, etc, without being able to fix it UNTILL I read your post. So uninstalling Sonic Suite 3 seems to work for my Asus.
It's the first succesfull launch (with sound I mean) untill now, I'll see if it'll still be ok tomorrow and next times.
For now, really thanks you saved me, you're my man ! :)

PS : hoping GGG fix this issue cuz we shouldn't have to manage our gaming computer's softwares for the game to work properly..
closing sonic studio worked for me <3

I had this issue
I can confirm it works for MSI too, disabling Nahimic seems to solve the problem
I can confirm it works for MSI too, disabling Nahimic seems to solve the problem
"
TheTK77 wrote:

Yes, I have new MSI X470 Gaming Plus and THIS literally solve my issue, just disable Nahimic lol
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info