[2.3] Shakk's Cyclone Build. A story about a man and his fists.

"
Sammun wrote:
"
ShakkaFL wrote:
"
Sammun wrote:
Is this build really that different from the "how to smash heads" one?

When I started the build months ago there were alot of differences, now there's only some differences, in the end my build focuses alot on the DPS part more so than the one you mention..

Alright, and will I be able to do fine without one of the support gems? Becaus eI only have 5l chest

I wrote some lines about 5L in my 2nd post
Hey, it's me again.

I could need some advice... yesterday i got lucky and got a Pledge of Hands dropped. Since i didn't need it, i traded it off.

Now i have to make a decision: I want to upgrade my Bodyarmour
Spoiler
but i'm not sure if a Belly or the Carcass would be more usefull for me. Belly would be a nice life boost, Carcass would give some extra Damage and the AOE increase (is it notable?).
Resists are fine - i wouldn't need any resits on my new armor. Thats why i'm not looking for a rare armour right now.

Any suggestions? Btw, my life is at ~4.2k right now. But i'm just lvl70 and there are alot of Health nodes missing...

Current tree:

Dps is ~22k right now. With Atziri flask ~28k.

Edit: Would like to try Atziri with him later (~Lvl85 maybe)
Last edited by Kampfhuhn87 on Sep 19, 2014, 6:28:01 AM
"
Kampfhuhn87 wrote:
Hey, it's me again.

I could need some advice... yesterday i got lucky and got a Pledge of Hands dropped. Since i didn't need it, i traded it off.

Now i have to make a decision: I want to upgrade my Bodyarmour
Spoiler
but i'm not sure if a Belly or the Carcass would be more usefull for me. Belly would be a nice life boost, Carcass would give some extra Damage and the AOE increase (is it notable?).
Resists are fine - i wouldn't need any resits on my new armor. Thats why i'm not looking for a rare armour right now.

Any suggestions? Btw, my life is at ~4.2k right now. But i'm just lvl70 and there are alot of Health nodes missing...

Current tree:

Dps is ~22k right now. With Atziri flask ~28k.

Edit: Would like to try Atziri with him later (~Lvl85 maybe)

I'd probably use Carcass over Belly, you'll have alot of life by 85, it won't be needed that much.
if you guys feel brave, you can put on Haste Hatred and Herald of Ash and go all out on dps, probably not very optimal though :p . Haste Aura probably a good choice for Atziri fight since Grace is pretty pointless there.
Been doing some calculations, and it seems that the maximum possible dps this build could do is around 90k dps, depending on lv21 gems empower for hatred and such.

Obviously only in standard, on new leagues you'll be looking at 65-70k as maximum.
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Sep 29, 2014, 9:42:00 PM
Hey Shakka,

Have you been able to get your hands on a quality Herald of Ash? If so how much dps did you gain?

I'm comparing this build with this one: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394/page/1 which have a dps output of 81k.

The biggest differences from that build and mine is that I do not use Carcass jack and my Herald of Ash is Quality 0.

/Mike
Last edited by Rullmihr on Sep 30, 2014, 9:40:53 AM
"
Rullmihr wrote:
Hey Shakka,

Have you been able to get your hands on a quality Herald of Ash? If so how much dps did you gain?

I'm comparing this build with this one: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/993394/page/1 which have a dps output of 81k.

The biggest differences from that build and mine is that I do not use Carcass jack and my Herald of Ash is Quality 0.

/Mike

Heh, that build is very yolo, I believe my tree has higher possible damage though, which being slightly tankier with more life. I already hit 75k dps without carcass if I run dps auras only.

No, I havent gotten q20% yet, was waiting untill my gem hit lv20 to gcp it. I'll buy one later to test for you though. Keep an eye on this post, I'll edit it later.

edit: I gained about 600dps with a q20
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Sep 30, 2014, 4:22:51 AM
"
ShakkaFL wrote:

Spoiler
Heh, that build is very yolo, I believe my tree has higher possible damage though, which being slightly tankier with more life. I already hit 75k dps without carcass if I run dps auras only.

No, I havent gotten q20% yet, was waiting untill my gem hit lv20 to gcp it. I'll buy one later to test for you though. Keep an eye on this post, I'll edit it later.

edit: I gained about 600dps with a q20

I would have imagined that you would gain more than 600 dps. Guess not. Do you have any idea how much DPS you would gain using Carcass?

My DPS with Grace, Hatred and Herald of Ash is around 47,5k. Is your 63.5k DPS with Atziri's Promise?

What do you think could use an upgrade? I'd love if you could comment on my gear/PT.
Passive tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwEswUtC2EUTRRSFm8XLxkuGjgbyBv6IQIkqiSwJd8nLyftKaUxnjIJNZI26TrYQzFHfkrITdhN404qT31RYFnzXhNfP2BLZU1mnmebapNsFmxGbmluqnJscql07XZ_eA15aHrve4x82X7gfuKAVoCkgW-DOITZhO-G0YcZjHaQVZkrmy2ePJ5XoLSiAKQZplenhKluqZWsqqyvtfK2Qb2Bvoq-p8APwBrBBMOG0k3Uj9Xt2L3jauOf5FHnkew47w7vfPMG9kj60vuq_Ev-jw==

Gear:

Thanks for a great guide! :)
"
Rullmihr wrote:
Spoiler

I would have imagined that you would gain more than 600 dps. Guess not. Do you have any idea how much DPS you would gain using Carcass?

My DPS with Grace, Hatred and Herald of Ash is around 47,5k. Is your 63.5k DPS with Atziri's Promise?

What do you think could use an upgrade? I'd love if you could comment on my gear/PT.
Passive tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwEswUtC2EUTRRSFm8XLxkuGjgbyBv6IQIkqiSwJd8nLyftKaUxnjIJNZI26TrYQzFHfkrITdhN404qT31RYFnzXhNfP2BLZU1mnmebapNsFmxGbmluqnJscql07XZ_eA15aHrve4x82X7gfuKAVoCkgW-DOITZhO-G0YcZjHaQVZkrmy2ePJ5XoLSiAKQZplenhKluqZWsqqyvtfK2Qb2Bvoq-p8APwBrBBMOG0k3Uj9Xt2L3jauOf5FHnkew47w7vfPMG9kj60vuq_Ev-jw==

Gear:

Where do you get your life leech from? I assume blood rage?
20/20 faster attacks is a good upgrade, then there's your amulet which has abit lowish phys roll since it goes up to 15-26, try to get one with life leech at least 2%. Bear in mind that you'll gain abit of dps when all your gems start getting to max level.

20/20 on your other gems is a good upgrade, bear in mind that 20/20 added fire adds like 500 dps compared to 20/0, but if you want to min/max, you might as well get one.

As for your first question, I do plan to upgrade to a carcass soon enough, I need to find a way to cap my cold resistance though. I don't have exact numbers but I believe it put me up closer towards 80k dps with dps auras so something about 2-3k dps gain, I'll try to find some alternate jewelry and test it out.

Edit: tested dps with carcass, it is indeed 3kdps gain.
Last edited by ShakkaFL on Sep 30, 2014, 8:23:42 AM
Ty for your thoughts! I'll look in to a new amulet and maybe a 20/20 faster attacks gem.

I get 3% LL from my armor. The armor frees up 4 passive points which in stead can be invested in DPS nodes.

How come you have decided to go with 6% LL? (3% on amu and 3% from the PT)

"
ShakkaFL wrote:
Spoiler
"
Rullmihr wrote:
Spoiler

Passive tree:

Gear:

Where do you get your life leech from? I assume blood rage?
20/20 faster attacks is a good upgrade, then there's your amulet which has abit lowish phys roll since it goes up to 15-26, try to get one with life leech at least 2%. Bear in mind that you'll gain abit of dps when all your gems start getting to max level.

20/20 on your other gems is a good upgrade, bear in mind that 20/20 added fire adds like 500 dps compared to 20/0, but if you want to min/max, you might as well get one.

As for your first question, I do plan to upgrade to a carcass soon enough, I need to find a way to cap my cold resistance though. I don't have exact numbers but I believe it put me up closer towards 80k dps with dps auras so something about 2-3k dps gain, I'll try to find some alternate jewelry and test it out.

Edit: tested dps with carcass, it is indeed 3kdps gain.
Last edited by Rullmihr on Sep 30, 2014, 9:27:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info