[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
BlackCorsair wrote:
So the build with remarks is here (you could put it in first post, if you like it)

You are right about Golem's Blood, replaced the tree, thank you.
There is another 6% IAS at shadow start.
Flat 30 life from Path of Warrior adds more life than 6%, it should be taken too.
Steel skin armor bonus is close to evasion bonus from dex, if we don't take IR, we should find another way to Vaal Pact.
Also, evasion without Acrobatics? We are going to return to original tree :)
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jun 13, 2014, 11:50:06 AM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
Some math!

Excel dps calculator for this build. Not too user-friendly, but it calculates :)

Download to edit. Doesn't take into consideration curse and EE.

Among other things it calculates two important values:

1. chance for each attack to proc at least one spell

This is a measure of reliability.

2. minimum dps assuming GMP ST hits only once and each GMP spell hits only once

Even single target dps is at least twice as high, but it's a good value to compare.

With some arbitrary assumptions my
- single-target ranged DPS is 7.5k,
- single-target shotgun dps is 37k,
- pack DPS is 300k.

Replacing Concentrated Effect with PCoC with 4 charges results in:
- Chance to cast increased by 24.7% (42.1% -> 52.5%),
- DPS decreased by 14.2%

Replacing my 45% Maligaro's with 50% Doedre's results in tiny 1.2% DPS reduction. 36% Maligaro's would lose. For Shadow start Maligaro's would still win.

How different stats increase DPS for my tree and gear:

1% Spell/Elemental/Projectile Damage - 0.56%
1% Attack Speed - 0.52%
1% Spell or Global Crit Multiplier - 0.26%
1% Global Crit Chance - 0.20%
1% Attack Crit Chance - 0.12%
1% Spell Crit Chance - 0.08%
1% Accuracy - 0.17%
10 Accuracy - 0.16%

Thank you for that SunnyRay, I was actually wondering how much DPS I was dealing. I was telling people I was dealing between 50 to 80K (to packs of mobs), I now realize how far my estimation was from reality. By the way, I just finished Act3 merc today with that build, killed Piety and Dominus without dying, just GG man. (I'm still kind of a noob and I was dying against bosses like them with my other builds). Keep doing the math and bringing those amazing builds mate !

Cheers !
IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
Also another thing i've been pondering.
Concentrated effect vs power charge on critical? I can't decide but i think pcoc might be better overall (expecially with 1 point spent for 4 power charges)

"
The OP said PCoC is better than conc affect when you have less than 55-60% crit chance, I believe.

That wasn't me, but it makes sense.

PCoC with 4 charges adds 6.8*200% = 13.6% crit chance which is about 25% more than we have (assuming 55%). Similar inclease for spell crit, about 1.5x dps overall.

PCoC vs CE
- less single target dps (~1.5x vs 1.69x)
+ 30% AoE radius
+ PCoC adds crit consistency, CE adds burst dps
- PCoC's 110% mana multiplier increases mana cost, CE's does not
- PCoC only adds dps when we have charges, CE works always
- 1 passive point

Actually, with 5th charge from Alira's reward PCoC may beat CE. Very interesting, thank you, kompaniet :)

I have 48.5% (58.5 with critical weakness) crit chance, and a little over 50% when I get my 20/20 CoC. I'm confused about whether I should use PCoC now. With your calculations later in the thread, it seems like you would lose dps even if your dps became more consistant. And I'm assuming your crit is in the 55-60 range. Also I feel like I should factor in critical weakness when calculating for PCoC since most mobs get cursed by it.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
I've replaced dps calculator with slightly better one.

"
mustafa2812 wrote:
I have 48.5% (58.5 with critical weakness) crit chance, and a little over 50% when I get my 20/20 CoC. I'm confused about whether I should use PCoC now. With your calculations later in the thread, it seems like you would lose dps even if your dps became more consistant. And I'm assuming your crit is in the 55-60 range. Also I feel like I should factor in critical weakness when calculating for PCoC since most mobs get cursed by it.

Crit weakness is not that easy, its effect depends on monster rarity, and I'm not sure if second evasion check applies to it.

Without curse PCoC with 5 power charges result in -7% single target dps, but 30% AoE and crit consistency is probably worth it.

Edit: added curse. Results didn't change much.

New spreadsheet
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jun 13, 2014, 1:43:22 PM
Well, if dps is similar, I think in first goes such things as personal habits.

For example I hate trying to keep these charges, always on 10 seconds timer, etc...
So i would use other support (lol it would be life leech - invasion league required it))), even with loosing part of dps.

You also don't count such thing as - if you play in party, someone could share power charges through conduit, so if you use other support, your damage will go crazy.

And if you use PCoC yourself, you lose this opportunity))
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Does critical strike multiplier matter?
"
SunnyRay wrote:
I've replaced dps calculator with slightly better one.

"
mustafa2812 wrote:

Crit weakness is not that easy, its effect depends on monster rarity, and I'm not sure if second evasion check applies to it.

Without curse PCoC with 5 power charges result in -7% single target dps, but 30% AoE and crit consistency is probably worth it.

Edit: added curse. Results didn't change much.

New spreadsheet

With +2 power charges though that's 2 passive points which would be -16% life at best. Not sure if it's the greatest investment.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
having a blast leveling with this build, thanks
Rampage Rank 7 lv 100 BONJWA_TOP_DAWG
Talisman SC Rank 7 Lv 100 LaBonjwa_Neymar
Hello, maybe it's already written in the previous pages of this thread but I'm too lazy to read them all so if you could answer to me here, that would be sweet ;) : Did you ever do Atziri solo with that build ? (and maybe the uber one too ?)

Cheers
IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit
"
BlackCorsair wrote:
You also don't count such thing as - if you play in party, someone could share power charges through conduit, so if you use other support, your damage will go crazy.

And if you use PCoC yourself, you lose this opportunity))

True. But you can share 5 charges yourself, Conduit is right there to grab for 1 point :)

"
Does critical strike multiplier matter?

Yes.

"
mustafa2812 wrote:
With +2 power charges though that's 2 passive points which would be -16% life at best. Not sure if it's the greatest investment.

Me too, but it's something to consider. At the same time 2 points is -60 crit chance at worst :)

"
JungTzu wrote:
Hello, maybe it's already written in the previous pages of this thread but I'm too lazy to read them all so if you could answer to me here, that would be sweet ;) : Did you ever do Atziri solo with that build ? (and maybe the uber one too ?)

Cheers
No. My char is from Domination and I don't play it anymore.

Relevant posts in this thread.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jun 14, 2014, 8:14:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info