[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
"
this build can be optimized even further get

three dragons

stone of lazhwar and rainbow stride

because of three dragons now your fireballs shock and making the next procs deal 30% more damage and the shocks can be stacked.

stone of lazhwar and rainbow stride add 56% to block spell damage almost canceling the reflect damage.

(im new here dont know how to link images in thread do i paste the link between img/img ?)

To post images put between img and /img in brackets, to link items go to your character(right above switch character) and left click your gear. Not sure about all the block stats, but I'm pretty sure spectral throw with added lightning damage already adds shock.

Stone of Lazhwar, Rainbowstride and Atziri's step have been brought up/discussed. I personally don't think Three Dragons would be viable over Rat's nest for this build unless you grabbed extra power charges and where using voll's protector, I think id go with starkonja's if crit rate was at a good rate adding 100hp(actual hp +330). Are goal is to have high enough crit for CoC to proc over doing more damage via shock stacks. CoC builds are not very party friendly where the shock stacks would be nice, with just using basic gear this build has very high clear speed solo(it's even good in party too tho) but lacks HP and dealing with magic.

Far as shock from ST, it could but only on low life mobs since where using Ungil's(add's lightning damage). Cause are ST gem stays @lv5 it's not doing enough damage to cause shock stacks.

Last edited by Stalkst3r on Jun 3, 2014, 11:54:12 PM
this is my gear atm
I considered The Three Dragons a leveling item back when it was 3 chaos. Easy transition from Goldrim because it has allres.

The Three Dragons may provide more dps than Rat's Nest, but Rat's Nest feels better with crit chance, movement speed, evasion, IAS and rarity.

But, as I always say, if you like it, use it.

Your gear looks glass-cannonish with only 1 item with life roll.

"
How how much is 4-8 added fire damage on a ring going to mess with my DPS with EE? The other stats are pretty vital to keeping my resists max, can't quite find another ring like it.

I don't know how much. It will mess it. To see how much test your clear speed with and without that ring and enlighten us :)
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jun 4, 2014, 7:03:15 AM
"
Iplaywithsinged wrote:
How how much is 4-8 added fire damage on a ring going to mess with my DPS with EE? The other stats are pretty vital to keeping my resists max, can't quite find another ring like it.
no mate dont think fire damage messes you up that much one of my ring has cold damage
have seen any significant difference while using it and not using it

"
SunnyRay wrote:
I considered The Three Dragons a leveling item back when it was 3 chaos. Easy transition from Goldrim because it has allres.

The Three Dragons may provide more dps than Rat's Nest, but Rat's Nest feels better with crit chance, movement speed, evasion, IAS and rarity.

But, as I always say, if you like it, use it.

Your gear looks glass-cannonish with only 1 item with life roll.

:) i do like the three dragons better.

and yes my gear does look glass cannonish but thanks to defence like ondar guile, full block chance, spell bolck chance and acrobatics im not glass cannonish. i die at times due to lag but thats it and just 52% spell block chance made a huge difference while dealing with reflect and other mods.

oh and sunnyray thank you for sharing the build this is my main character and i owe it all to you. this build is just too awesome.

ment havent seen any significant difference that typo :/
What do you think about using a Romira's Banquet for this?
IGN : Uchigana
PM if I win

"
SunnyRay wrote:
I'm not sure if Romira's is good here. Crit and accuracy are nice, but getting life and resists with Tabula, Rat's Nest and Maligaro's is already not easy. If half of our hits crit, then we'll have 0 or 1 power charge most of the time. Romira's will improve dps and crit consistency, but is it worth losing life and resists?
"
mustafa2812 wrote:
How did you support a high level immortal call with only 110 strength? It doesn't look like you had any str on gear.

"
I have 25 str on belt.
Str is a good stat to have on gear because it adds life.
Immortal call on cwdt is not mandatory for this build, I'm not even sure if it's worth sockets.

Ahh I must have missed that 25 str. If I were to remove Immortal Call then I'd probably remove Enduring Cry too since it doesn't do much with Acrobatics and capped resistances. But I like having a short period of invincibility when I take a lot of damage. It'd not much but it prevents me from being annihilated by a huge rush of spells or something before I have the chance to dip out.

My issue with this build now is spell damage and degen effects (corrupting blood, poison, those fire bomb guys.) At lvl 72 I have 3150 life and monsters like Evangelists and Vaal Constructs are really dangerous for me. The fire and poison bomb guys are really scary too. Having Whirling Blades+Faster Attacks+Blood Magic and just dodging around them is the only way to do it. Corrupting Blood is a nightmare. Even with 2 surgeon's flasks of staunching it's dicy as hell. Unsupported EK doesn't seem to do that much dmg (may have to splurge for a lvl 20 one) so that's not too much help.

By lvl 82 I should have Phase Acrobatics and hopefully I'll have enough str for lvl 20 reduced mana so I can support Purity of Elements in addition to Grace and Clarity (which is all I'm running now) and switch my boots to Atziri's Step for more spell mitigation.

My only other question is what you do for elemental reflect if you are using a regular 6L and can't just socket any color gems in to have 4G for EK. I end up either scraping the map or chaosing it but I kinda wish there was another option.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
Last edited by mustafa2812 on Jun 4, 2014, 9:42:16 PM
Well the new Death and Taxes Necropolis Map is doable @82.. kinda I died twice=/ was pretty fun tho.. Need to start working on getting new rings.
"
mustafa2812 wrote:
My only other question is what you do for elemental reflect if you are using a regular 6L and can't just socket any color gems in to have 4G for EK. I end up either scraping the map or chaosing it but I kinda wish there was another option.

Have you tried ST without multiproj? For example, ST-CoC-EK-IncCritStrikes-IncCritDmg-PCoC.
Or good old cyclone EK.
Or even barrage with dual wands.
Can't say if any of these works well.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jun 5, 2014, 7:29:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info