[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

Got my Carcass Jack today. Here is my current gear. Almost 90% on all res or better. 4k life. Loving it.

Anyone see any places I can improve besides getting quality on gems? I am also thinking about a lower level Clarity and seeing if I can add haste. IAS is of course a DPS booster as long as I can maintain casting ST. What do you guys think?
...brings back fond D2 LoD memories...
I feel as if I've hit the wall. This is my first character to do maps and I gain a net 5% per map. I'm not even doing hard affixes. Probably have to put this character on hold til I get better gear. Currently at 3k hp and max res.

Gem setup is like that because I killed a reflect pack before logging off.

On the bright side, my second exalted orb in my short two months of playing dropped in a 66 map.
Last edited by landrew831 on May 24, 2014, 12:35:48 PM
"
ride1226 wrote:
Anyone see any places I can improve besides getting quality on gems? I am also thinking about a lower level Clarity and seeing if I can add haste. IAS is of course a DPS booster as long as I can maintain casting ST. What do you guys think?

I don't think 16% IAS is important, but in case you don't need Purity and high level Clarity, it may make sense.

Gear can always be improved :)
More life and more crit chance while keeping resists.
Atziri's Step are very nice boots if you took Phase Acro.

"
landrew831 wrote:
I feel as if I've hit the wall. This is my first character to do maps and I gain a net 5% per map.

Does it mean you die in maps? You don't have to run maps at level 63. I've guessed you are 63 because of gem levels. If you are higher and you die often, gems will catch up eventually and make game easier. Docks and Lunaris are much better exp at that level. Get more levels, some nice passive nodes and more life, and maps will be much easier.

My Shadow in 2-week race is 65 in merc act 2, don't feel any wall with far worse gear yet. No rush - no wall hit :)
Last edited by SunnyRay on May 24, 2014, 6:44:15 PM
Actually, I think it was mostly a playstyle error. I'm 73 now and doing 66 maps with +40 quantity, but dying a lot less now because I'm actually using my jade flask and not facetanking everything. Love this build so much and have made a lot of currency with it.
Hey guys, been watching this topic for a little while now.

After the 1.1 patch i had to respec my entire char and went from spectral throw to flicker strike, horrible choice. Rubberbanding (desync) keeps killing me even with oos on a hotkey.
So now im considering reskilling my entire char (Poor little bank)and figured this might be a decent build to play. After reskilling i will have about 70-80ex to spend on new gear, how far will this get me mapwise? I was doing up to 77-78 with ST but after speccing flicker i can hardly down a 75-76 anymore.

Also might be able to fix up some more ex's, what would be decent items to replace from your setup?
I'm terrible at picking builds and got lucky on my first try, (Ashame the second one didnt work out like that) all i want to do is some casual magicfind grinding in maps with decent IIQ. (Mostly solo, im a loner ^^)

*Rubberbanding isnt due to my pc or connection so this build should be fine desync-wise.
Last edited by bennietgoed on May 25, 2014, 8:55:36 AM
"
bennietgoed wrote:
After reskilling i will have about 70-80ex to spend on new gear, how far will this get me mapwise? I was doing up to 77-78 with ST but after speccing flicker i can hardly down a 75-76 anymore.

Also might be able to fix up some more ex's, what would be decent items to replace from your setup?
I'm terrible at picking builds and got lucky on my first try, (Ashame the second one didnt work out like that) all i want to do is some casual magicfind grinding in maps with decent IIQ. (Mostly solo, im a loner ^^)

77-78 for sure (skipping Dominus if too dangerous). 79 - never tried.

70-80 standard ex? I'd go with:
- 6L Carcass Jack (25 ex) or high life, high evasion, resists 6L
- Legacy Maligaro's (5 ex)
- High roll Rat's Nest (2 ex)
- High roll Atziri's Step (1 ex, not expensive itself, but makes required jewelry much more expensive because of resists) or legacy Rainbowstride or high life, evasion, resists, movement speed rare.
- Jewelry with high life, crit chance and resists, example is my Diamond ring (got it for 8 ex in Domination, not sure about current prices on such pieces)
- Belt with very high life and resists
- 20/20 or even 21/20 or 20/23 gems where it matters

This doesn't include "magicfind". It's possible to squeeze in about 150 IIR sacrificing some life and crit chance, but it would obviously make maps more difficult and/or make items more expensive. Also, Gifts from Above? Divination Distillate?

If it's not Standard, disregard "legacies" in my list.
Last edited by SunnyRay on May 25, 2014, 10:26:14 AM
Thanks for making my life easy, appreciated. I'll take your word that it'll deliver me the gaming joy that i missed after my silly respec, thanks for helping the lazy people. xD

One more thing, what would you buy with unlimited funds for this build (aiming high)?

Thanks ahead!
Last edited by bennietgoed on May 25, 2014, 11:37:12 AM
Hiya, I think I've found a more efficient path. Since you aren't using EB or the nearby dagger crit nodes, I think it's better to go right instead of up from the scion start. Please let me know if I've missed something.

Note that you could easily drop the phase acrobatics and shadow spell/ele damage nodes, to grab bloodthirst again if you want it, with some points to spare.
Last edited by Largefarva on May 27, 2014, 1:06:51 PM
bennietgoed, with unlimited funds I wouldn't use this build probably :)
May be I'll return to your question later, not ready to answer yet.

Largefarva, nice tree. I tried something like that in skill tree planner once, decided that difference if neglectible and doesn't worth regret orbs, and forgot about it. I would't go with 156% Life though.

I changed your tree for easier comparison:

Difference (yours vs my):

+10 to Strength (120 vs 110)
+30 to Dexterity (350 vs 320)
-40 to Intelligence (130 vs 170)
+40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate (120 vs 80)
-18% increased maximum Life (212 vs 230)
+10% reduced Mana Reserved (15 vs 5)
+8% increased effect of Auras you Cast (8 vs 0)
+12% increased Radius of Auras (12 vs 0)
-16% to Chaos Resistance (0 vs 16)
-4% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons (0 vs 4)

May be better, but not a no-brainer for me because I value Life. Does it allow additional aura or Haste in place of Purity?
Last edited by SunnyRay on May 27, 2014, 3:09:23 PM

Hit a pure evasion version of the Splendour chest earlier today and thought of this build -

While I personally would still lean towards Carcass Jack for the build due to the increased aoe damage, this one is also interesting. (and gets you much higher evasion, life and all resistance.)

The unique abilities also seem fairly useful - I didn't test it or anything but would definitely add to your life sustain and mana capabilities.

Just a thought. :)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info