[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
SunnyRay wrote:
May be better, but not a no-brainer for me because I value Life. Does it allow additional aura or Haste in place of Purity?

Well right now I'm running Clarity(14)/Haste/Purity. I have a teenie mana pool but I still regen fast enough to throw the 22 mana ST at max speed.

But yeah, if you want to take bloodthirst and those life nodes up top, then u could go either way, about equally. I would take the 5% reduced mana next to bloodthirst though.

Regardless, this build does insane damage for how cheap it is. And it's fun!! Thanks for the help
Last edited by Largefarva on May 29, 2014, 1:25:35 PM
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
Hit a pure evasion version of the Splendour chest earlier today and thought of this build

I don't understand this unique.
As evasion life trires armor, it's good, but there are much cheaper items with better rolls.
I can't evaluate unique abilities. Mana regen should be enough at level 75, and how good is 100 life on kill?

"
Largefarva wrote:
But yeah, if you want to take bloodthirst and those life nodes up top, then u could go either way, about equally.

Yep, I want those life nodes. I tried to balance defense and offense. Your way is clearly more offensive. What make your path good is flexibility.
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
Hit a pure evasion version of the Splendour chest earlier today and thought of this build

I don't understand this unique.
As evasion life trires armor, it's good, but there are much cheaper items with better rolls.
I can't evaluate unique abilities. Mana regen should be enough at level 75, and how good is 100 life on kill?

"
Largefarva wrote:
But yeah, if you want to take bloodthirst and those life nodes up top, then u could go either way, about equally.

Yep, I want those life nodes. I tried to balance defense and offense. Your way is clearly more offensive. What make your path good is flexibility.

Yes me either - we're struggling to find a spot where this armor is worth using but it is tough to determine the exact value of the unique abilities. (also definitely not factoring cost into the equation as the current rarity of the armor definitely make sit cost more than it is worth on merit alone)

The one thing that might be good is that wearing it you might be able to drop Clarity. The roadblock there is bosses that don't have large amounts of adds spawned around them to refill mana on. I'm not sure this is actually that useful though.

I will try it out after Ambush ends if I have some time - this is our 4th one (all different rolls ofc) and we basically only sell them to people looking to use the 3d art as a skin on their armor atm. So I'm trying to find an actual use for the darn thing :)
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Think it's worth losing Life/Crit chance/Acc to use Stone of Lazhwar? Or has a better way of elemental reflect been discussed, tried looking but didn't really see anything other then frost wall. I tryed frost wall around 50 and accutally killed myself with it twice, heh.

I tried to do a 4L EK/IW/FC/PS but damage was crap. I have Atziri's step, but looking for jewelry, well just neck seems will be a pure resist neck.

I have this bad gun ho rushing before checking and keep killing myself in like 2sec's. Used to 84/77/84 resist and 5.5k health so going to 75/75/75 3.2k health I don't really have time to catch myself.

Thanks for the guide, the build is really fun.
"
Stalkst3r wrote:
I tryed frost wall around 50 and accutally killed myself with it twice, heh.

Frost Wall can really be a life saver. I use Whirling Blades if I get caught on the wrong side of the wall. You can just twirl your way to the other side to safety. Works good for me.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
"
Stalkst3r wrote:
I tryed frost wall around 50 and accutally killed myself with it twice, heh.

Frost Wall can really be a life saver. I use Whirling Blades if I get caught on the wrong side of the wall. You can just twirl your way to the other side to safety. Works good for me.

Hmm I'll try it again. Didn't know you could whirling blade threw it.
"
Stalkst3r wrote:
Think it's worth losing Life/Crit chance/Acc to use Stone of Lazhwar? Or has a better way of elemental reflect been discussed, tried looking but didn't really see anything other then frost wall. I tryed frost wall around 50 and accutally killed myself with it twice, heh.

Around level 50 LoH is good for mitigating reflect. ST-GMP-LoH-PCoC can help later too, but you still have to react in time.

Bowman8763's advice is good: frost wall and whirling blades.
Phase acro + Atziri Step dodge almost half reflect.
LL gem in 6L if nothing helps.
Lazhwar is good, but getting 75 all res with 0 res uniques in almost every slot is not easy.

Gameplay is nowhere close to that of 5.5k hp 84 res tank, but that's the point of playing different builds :)

Btw, you can get 80 res with level 20 auras and Influence if you like. +1 on corrupted ammy or chest :)
Last edited by SunnyRay on May 30, 2014, 5:27:48 PM
"
Stalkst3r wrote:

I tried to do a 4L EK/IW/FC/PS but damage was crap. I have Atziri's step, but looking for jewelry, well just neck seems will be a pure resist neck.

I have this bad gun ho rushing before checking and keep killing myself in like 2sec's. Used to 84/77/84 resist and 5.5k health so going to 75/75/75 3.2k health I don't really have time to catch myself.

Thanks for the guide, the build is really fun.

Well I think I'd rather get Atziri's step if I wanted to sacrifice a good resist+life rare slot. And I think the Step and the Stone would be too few resists with Maligaros and Rat's Nest.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
Ya I think Atziri's step would be the way to go. But then again it's also the most expensive way to go. Wasn't really thinking about using both since it doesn't seem like a viable option.
I did a few more maps and it seems neither are really needed in a way, for leveling. Just after dieing twice in 2 maps in a row seemed it might be hard to push the build if this was the out come, but being careful before rushing reflect mobs and pulling the trash mobs away before blasting the rare seems to be ok.

I kinda think i should of opted to head over to the gymnastics cluster to finish the life nodes before heading south. After the 63point tree seemed grabbing acrobatics for 2 points was a no brainier. Then i opted to go for ballistic mastery, Ele ST is my main so without the projectile speed ST is annoying imo(auto walking forward to be in range). I was around 61 at this point and did pieity just to see how the damage/build was scaling, with 2.1k health and even 62 lightning resist. she went down really easy.

I then headed to thick skin to get some hp since it was lacking. Here's where the hard choice came in managed to drop tabula for a 6L i had bouncing between lv'ing builds(was a pain to chrom). Had a lv20 grace/reduced mana already so threw that in. defense wise outside of HP cushion seemed fine. But crit rate seemed kinda lacking, and getting the 2 acc nodes on the way to twin terrors seemed like a good choice.

This is where i kinda stand, I could head up to grab the gymnastics cluster since the 3.3k hp seems kinda low still. Which would be 9points(7 in a way) since I threw 2 points into 1 8%mana node and 1 point to grab primal spirit to have the str requirements for gems(seemed 8% mana + 20mana regen + 20int for more mana, while lv'ing seemed a better choice for 2points, then a 1 point 30str node).

So at this point I could go both ways for 7 points.
Option A:Cap Block/Nice IAS boost: 12% IAS, 40dex, 16% block(including the 1 node from acrobatics area).
or
Option B:Life/Small IAS/More damage; 20Dex, 20str, 26% Life, 4% IAS, 50% crit chance, 25% crit multi.

I haven't invested much into the build itself had some of stuff excluding.
Tabula 2ex
Rat's nest 1.25 ex
Neck 5c
ring2 5c
Ungil x2 6c (had to shout/offered 3c each for 20dex rolls)
Total:3ex 26c. Can sell the tabula so 1ex 26c.

Trying to wait till 86 to really decide if i wanna invest in the build or not(cap block/hp/ias/crit nodes)
Current Gear

Current Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAAYFtQhnDkgRlhX2Fr8YPBzcHpQj9iQ8JJ0mlSepKPotqDB8RnFJUUp9TipRR1VLVvpaSFptW69d8mHiYlpieWKsZ6Bte3BScLtw1XRBd9d9dX8rf8aCx4MJh3aH24w2jX2Nv5MnkzqT_JitnaOdqqdcqn-quKw_rs-xkLQMtUi31rvjvSfAUcSi0O7TftQj1orWndtZ3FfdDd7244TndOjW6xTrju4O73rv8PPq96P56Pyr_MX-ug==
"
Stalkst3r wrote:
Then i opted to go for ballistic mastery, Ele ST is my main so without the projectile speed ST is annoying imo(auto walking forward to be in range).

I always ST with shift (reassigned to tab). Ballistics is still one of first picks regardless.

"
Stalkst3r wrote:
So at this point I could go both ways for 7 points.
Option A:Cap Block/Nice IAS boost: 12% IAS, 40dex, 16% block(including the 1 node from acrobatics area).
or
Option B:Life/Small IAS/More damage; 20Dex, 20str, 26% Life, 4% IAS, 50% crit chance, 25% crit multi.

I'd go with A. It's (100-59)/(100-75) = 1.64 EHP multiplier vs attacks, plus IAS.

And there is C: Phase Acrobatics.
(100-30)/(100-40) = 1.17 EHP multi vs attacks, 100/(100-30) = 1.43 vs spells (including reflect!).
Even better if you use Atziri's Step.

Gymnastics is only 3.3 / 3.04 = 1.09 EHP increase, but there are nice crit nodes on the way, HP is more reliable than block and dodge and helps vs stun.
Last edited by SunnyRay on May 31, 2014, 7:09:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info