[1-2.0] CoC Sci/Sha/Ran/Due with Block - Song of Ice and Fire. Cheap. Fun. Nerfed

"
If you read a couple of pages back I was having the same problem. You need at least a 5 link and Elemental Equilibrium(make sure you don't have fire or cold damage on your rings). Crit chance is also very important. Get it to 50% and/or use critical weakness.

So I bought a Tabula Rasa and holy crap, it's a massive improvement both in terms of single-target damage and in terms of sheer explodiness. Definitely worth the 2ex.
Currently, level 80, really enjoy the build but lightning thorns currently destroy me. I don't even kill rooms which have the 'lightning witches' anymore because its far too dangerous. Is there any suggestions how I could go about fixing this?
"
Ali_B wrote:
Currently, level 80, really enjoy the build but lightning thorns currently destroy me. I don't even kill rooms which have the 'lightning witches' anymore because its far too dangerous. Is there any suggestions how I could go about fixing this?

a topaz flask in the beginning wouldnt hurt. consider running a saffels or carrying a stone of lazhwar.

high attack speed/cast speed build like usally all coc build are (exept some kind of dischargers (because they usally die with one discharge) tend to rip quite easily. spell dodge/block is what comes to my mind #1 - #2 is e.g. try running a +3fire wand/whatever with firetrap firepen conc effect on one of your offhands and sniping the archmages, after they are dead you can deal with the rest pretty effordless. #3 totem, pref searingbond because it doesnt kill itself to LT or reflect like traps do. #4 +3 bow with poision arrow-conc effect-empower+(pref and links dependent)inc aoe/slower&faster projectiles or mix it up with remote mine/trap

there are always some ways to deal with any situation, and they can all be quite cheap if you cant afford a saffels
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Apr 27, 2014, 6:08:30 AM
just to note sth else, im playing invasion and loving the dodge/evasion so far, but will be respeccing into EB + IR till i saved up enough for a 5l cloak of defiance :D thinking it will work better endgame then pure dodge build any thoughts?
hi Sunny ray, This build can clear map 72 Totture map?, U can up more some video high map ..thx
Nice build , i follow this build with shadow lv 84 ^^
"
DerKobold16 wrote:
cloak of defiance

Can you have enough mana with auras to make it useful? I don't know.
I don't know if IR is good here either.

"
donchina wrote:
This build can clear map 72 Totture map?

This I don't know too :) Probably it can, but, imho, too high risk for too low reward.
Crema and Palace bosses are strong candidates for skip too.

The map I'm interested in trying and recording video is Apex of Sacrifice, but not yet feeling like buying Midnight just to try and fail :)
Last edited by SunnyRay on Apr 28, 2014, 5:39:34 AM
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
DerKobold16 wrote:
cloak of defiance

Can you have enough mana with auras to make it useful? I don't know.
I don't know if IR is good here either.

this is my full 115 point build i will be respeccing into (hopefully if i dont rip in invasion) later

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOygDlm49YEODCUZxtAzhiJMnHaoc3NxXf8bxdh6UwcUnqRGWrD-IQlptnaMOSHC7gh4kPPyr44SdqtkT2wunXMBRYqwvb0lR8-pw1dadcFIWv13yh9uT_GHirs_rjrVIbWxte1M1VUubtYw2JpXDOhmKVi0tg_sJrH-XBvbaxKIaj7vj_rp9ddN-73okne4OYloa2yP2VvpMYO_w_MUk_VpIZ6DdDedUh3Zbryzp1QAV8Ep9TirQ7hUgOli2QSml96OD2wR-NJNiefxLhxljcBX2znHv4wAGbBa-p9JNbmnAD8S41fg=

with 25%reduced mana from passives, 88%inc mana 120%inc mana regen from passives alone+ eldritch battery Eva/Es boots/head (maybe an alphas howl&rainbowstriders dunno yet) gloves are reserverd for maligaros and Cloak of Defiance with some nice rings&amu and running grace+disci in an alphas you could easily achive enough mana to sustain MoM + even a high lvl Arctic Armor while getting a decent amount of armor from IR, yes no unwavering but heart of the oak helps out here. I guess it can be more effective then evasion/dodge alone ;) but then again, you would need atleast a 5L cloak/alphas/rainbow to get it going, but as i said, i will respecc endgame (if i make it) and save my currency, in invasion a 5l cloak goes for 3-5ex +5ex alphas+1.5 rainbow is kind of expensive, but yet less expensive then other builds ;D
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Apr 28, 2014, 6:20:30 AM
"
donchina wrote:
hi Sunny ray, This build can clear map 72 Totture map?, U can up more some video high map ..thx
Nice build , i follow this build with shadow lv 84 ^^

Definitely can. Whether you want to risk the boss on Torture Chamber is another question entirely. Build cleared all the way to very high rolled 78 maps for me. (note that I was using pretty optimal gear)

@Sunnyray - I think you can definitely do Atziri normal verison with this build. The only hard part will be the movement - solvable by adding a Whirling Blades + faster Attacks in somewhere just for the Atziri run.

I wish I'd tried her on this build before I moved to low life ST (using the 6l CJ for increased dps) but alas it is too late. Anyways good luck on Atziri! Add me in game if you want to discuss the fight at all.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
@Sunnyray - I think you can definitely do Atziri normal verison with this build. The only hard part will be the movement - solvable by adding a Whirling Blades + faster Attacks in somewhere just for the Atziri run.

I fear split phase. How can I ensure not hitting mirror with semi-random casts while whirling around? Also, my mechanical skills are not the best)) May be when midnights get cheaper with the patch...

DerKobold16, good luck :)
finished current set up

rings / ammy / belt i think needs the most work

but a very fun build

and with vaal cyclone ek coc for ele reflect i either kill them or at the very least kill all the mobs around the ele reflect boss so it works out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info