[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
Samara712 wrote:
Hi,
Have been looking at this as well. Might try to get my hands on the wand later.
Using a 5L but with IIR, so dps wise a 4L. Debating switching to FT>faster casting>GMP>added chaos dmg instead of fire pen as dps would no longer rely that much on fire dmg.
And then maybe drop some fire dmg nodes on the tree and go for the 3 chaos dmg nodes to the right of EB for 48% inc chaos dmg.

Would certainly help clearing ele res mobs and fire res maps(painfully slow), making it more viable allround.
As for mana will likely drop disc and try to sustain AA with mana/regen from gear. Currently i can do lv 12 AA without disc i think which is still quite nice.
Any thoughts?

Hmm good point about fire pen. However, if a boss rolled resist chaos...well take your time.

It's quite viable if we drop disc as we don't really have a secondary skill like other builds so the mana would be better spent on damage instead.

Hmm I guess the build would be weaker against bosses with high chaos AND fire res as you wont get the penetration effect, not really sure how common this is.
But otherwise since you'd get decently high fire and chaos dmg + some cold dmg from herald of ice if used it should fare well against anything else that has only some resists.
Hey, it's me again, this time after beating Act 3 on Cruel in Beyond.
Bosses are melting, build is so much fun.
Thank you once again for sharing this build.
My stats after beating Cruel:
Level 56
2119 HP, 75/75/73 Resists.
Tooltip dps is 883,3.
Gear:
Spoiler

"
GoranH wrote:

P.S. That gear change to tabula/cybil's and 3D. ^_^

I was lucky enough to drop 1 Exalt :D
i`m back on track with this build on my second toon. stronger than before with 2 cwdt setups in order to stay alive :) all self found so far, had some good luck I guess.

i can't run AA though, have only 100 manareg/second

just about 1100 mana with EB (no CoD yet and only 300 ES)

switched to warlords mark instead of flammability, gives the totems incredible survivability.

I`m still not really certain if I prefer GMP over LMP, the tooltip states 600 dps less with GMP...

Spoiler

3,9k hp
2100 dps with LMP
1600 dps with GMP
70/75/75

should I max the cwdt + IC setup out even though I have only 3.9k hp?
any other suggestions? I actually want more HP and more MP to have more survivability, where would you go next?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsMXxBYEMwRDxRNFLAVUBZvGjgabBynHwIkqij6KU8qEyqNK7YsnCynMjQ1kjbFNtg26TpYOuFBh0SrRZ1G10kbTC1N41NSU6VVrlXGWfNaK13GYG2CEIIegpuCx4M4g9uHZYuMjEaPppBVmuCdgJ2uogCj8qZXpwinhKyYr7e1BLc-uJPAGsau2CTYvdrd2wvd89-w4XPkIuvu7DjsVe0g8B_xbPJF-JP56P4K_o8=
Last edited by danteafk on Sep 2, 2014, 7:19:50 PM
Thanks for the amazing guide. I'm now lvl 70 thanks for the help.
One question is about Infernal Mantle. The +1 fire gem level and the extra fire damage seem pretty sweet. Just wondering is this a good unique for this build? Or Cloak of Defiance is better?

"
Veelea wrote:
One question is about Infernal Mantle. The +1 fire gem level and the extra fire damage seem pretty sweet. Just wondering is this a good unique for this build? Or Cloak of Defiance is better?

Hi Veelea,
I'll try to answer. But first I need to know whether you are in HC or SC.
In my perspective, Infernal Mantle is better if you wanna go offensive.
However, I do not recommend using that one in HC since it has no defense stats, moreover, 100% increased Spell Damage taken when on Low Mana mods is a good way to reep even if you have 200+ mana.
"
GoranH wrote:

You're welcome! You can use it, it's good for dmg... since playing in beyond, be sure to cap your res if using it. Also since you got it, might try using Searing Bond, as that gets most of the staff. Just get the burning dmg nodes like holy fire, instead of firedmg.

Have fun! Also keep that dmg up! :D
GoranH.

Thanks for your answers!

Well yeah i was thinking too about Searing Bond, but I prefer Flame Totem..I like it more.
What do you think about incinerate spell totem, the result would be pretty similar...what's the big difference between the two skill? I'm trying to find out what skill(totem) work the best with Searing Touch.

And what if I link chance to ignite with flame totem to proc more often an ignite? So I can use my burning dmg.
IGN: Mad_Brululul
Last edited by valerio07 on Sep 3, 2014, 6:55:12 AM
Hi,

Im back to the game with the expansion. Was wondering what do u think about this modification of your build. Take in consideration im starting as Witch.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUABVvhc4uM7SBG113GYG3d84M4nYAUTQSzogDwH_noxq63PkGH-JOMRiu2EMzYvf4KTeP-jzWSplfyRTrhAnGD2zpYVcasmNsLgh4UsEwtEQ8EBx8Ch2WvtzI0LJwQWI-mRKtVroIQU6UMXxyndFVfKs8yWW1fmG6qtfJKyN--hcVCSysNTLPfsPFs7FUqjUkbNthmnvrSHRSPRjbp42okqhZvGjinhJBVwBqj8iynWisqE1nzjHZN2DrY7DiePIFvUWBPfYBWfuKplQPuHb4zh6yq99eboVgHfOUYangvPC0n7cT2hxlsFvxL

Dual curses with skittering runes worth? also those skill duration nodes would help, or its overkill to use 2 curses? (flammability+temp chains for example)

About shield block, its worth? or would i get stuck in block animation to much? i could reach Mind Barrier node (on witch area) too.
Last edited by dr0w on Sep 3, 2014, 2:43:37 PM
"
Thanks for the input GoranH. Glad that I can share my flamebrotem experience with others.

Anyway, about Apep's Rage new unique wand. Have you tested it against probably 60-70% spell damage wand? I don't really care about dps tooltip though, I think the best way to measure deeeps is by clearing speed :D
Assuming Apep is using level 12 added chaos (65–105) will the damage still good with 20% damage effectiveness of flamebrotem?

I used incinerate with added chaos and it works tremendously (especially at 3rd stage). However I have 0 idea about using added chaos with flame brotem.

Added chaos is amazing with totems because of the high APS. As for the wand, as shiro_yami said, beware of the cost only... it can be insane, and will make it harder to spam totems. But dmg should be great.

"
Samara712 wrote:
Hi,
Have been looking at this as well. Might try to get my hands on the wand later.
Using a 5L but with IIR, so dps wise a 4L. Debating switching to FT>faster casting>GMP>added chaos dmg instead of fire pen as dps would no longer rely that much on fire dmg.
And then maybe drop some fire dmg nodes on the tree and go for the 3 chaos dmg nodes to the right of EB for 48% inc chaos dmg.

Would certainly help clearing ele res mobs and fire res maps(painfully slow), making it more viable allround.
As for mana will likely drop disc and try to sustain AA with mana/regen from gear. Currently i can do lv 12 AA without disc i think which is still quite nice.
Any thoughts?

Don't get inc. chaos dmg. If you want to clear el. res mobs faster get deodre's and dual curse. elweak and flam.

Any reason to drop Disc? If so, get high ES gear... that'll do the job more so than stacking regen, though both are amazing, also CoD... yeah offensively minimal, but defensively bonkers. ;)

*Also haven't tested, but quite a few said Herald of Ice is great.

"
Reaveler wrote:
Hey, it's me again, this time after beating Act 3 on Cruel in Beyond.
Bosses are melting, build is so much fun.
Thank you once again for sharing this build.
My stats after beating Cruel:
Level 56
2119 HP, 75/75/73 Resists.
Tooltip dps is 883,3.
Gear:
Spoiler

"
GoranH wrote:

P.S. That gear change to tabula/cybil's and 3D. ^_^

I was lucky enough to drop 1 Exalt :D

Ofc stuff is melting with that 6L :D
Man you're having too much fun, keep at it! Just don't get cocky, sure way to reep. Play carefully, use flasks etc. ;)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
danteafk wrote:
i`m back on track with this build on my second toon. stronger than before with 2 cwdt setups in order to stay alive :) all self found so far, had some good luck I guess.

i can't run AA though, have only 100 manareg/second

just about 1100 mana with EB (no CoD yet and only 300 ES)

switched to warlords mark instead of flammability, gives the totems incredible survivability.

I`m still not really certain if I prefer GMP over LMP, the tooltip states 600 dps less with GMP...

Spoiler

3,9k hp
2100 dps with LMP
1600 dps with GMP
70/75/75

should I max the cwdt + IC setup out even though I have only 3.9k hp?
any other suggestions? I actually want more HP and more MP to have more survivability, where would you go next?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsMXxBYEMwRDxRNFLAVUBZvGjgabBynHwIkqij6KU8qEyqNK7YsnCynMjQ1kjbFNtg26TpYOuFBh0SrRZ1G10kbTC1N41NSU6VVrlXGWfNaK13GYG2CEIIegpuCx4M4g9uHZYuMjEaPppBVmuCdgJ2uogCj8qZXpwinhKyYr7e1BLc-uJPAGsau2CTYvdrd2wvd89-w4XPkIuvu7DjsVe0g8B_xbPJF-JP56P4K_o8=

Eventually get more mana regen, and it leveling Disc should do the trick, some very high% ES nodes if they are nearby... anyhow concerning GMP/LMP it's up to you with that setup, 6L that is, I'd prefer GMP... stuff still melts, and when at bosses, shotgun gmp is miles better than lmp. For survivability, work on that mana pool and get Cloak of Defiance... 'cause end-game life isn't as great as before, and effective life pool is still a thing. So far so good, but I'd consider it.

Offensively, you'll be losing a 6L... but, eventually 5L CoD won't be hard. Won't be too hard to get 300+ mana regen with decent gear, as well as 4.5k life... and combine that with couple of thousand of unreserved mana. ;)

Also for 5 points if want more life, barbarism, close to Ancestral Bond isn't too far off.

"
Veelea wrote:

Basically what rickey said... Infernal Mantle is good for dmg... I don't like it one bit for HC. CoD is amazing however you put it, I'd use it regardless of the league. But that's me, if you really just care for dmg, or since infernal mantle is so cheap it's basically vendored (by me) often, it gives you some mana buffer, and nice dmg boost if playing in softcore.

"
valerio07 wrote:

Thanks for your answers!

Well yeah i was thinking too about Searing Bond, but I prefer Flame Totem..I like it more.
What do you think about incinerate spell totem, the result would be pretty similar...what's the big difference between the two skill? I'm trying to find out what skill(totem) work the best with Searing Touch.

And what if I link chance to ignite with flame totem to proc more often an ignite? So I can use my burning dmg.

As I said more times that I should have... both are great, though I've never liked the way searing bond plays. I'm lazy... like chilling back and let totems do all the work. As for Incinerate... first it requires a spell totem, that's insta 1 less link, second less shotgunning in general unless point blank, so... flame totem is in pretty much all cases better, soul mantle being only way to use incinerate spell totems that's comparable, but I don't like soul mantle 'cause tedious to play due to having to keep up warding flasks most of the time.

"
dr0w wrote:
Hi,

Im back to the game with the expansion. Was wondering what do u think about this modification of your build. Take in consideration im starting as Witch.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUABVvhc4uM7SBG113GYG3d84M4nYAUTQSzogDwH_noxq63PkGH-JOMRiu2EMzYvf4KTeP-jzWSplfyRTrhAnGD2zpYVcasmNsLgh4UsEwtEQ8EBx8Ch2WvtzI0LJwQWI-mRKtVroIQU6UMXxyndFVfKs8yWW1fmG6qtfJKyN--hcVCSysNTLPfsPFs7FUqjUkbNthmnvrSHRSPRjbp42okqhZvGjinhJBVwBqj8iynWisqE1nzjHZN2DrY7DiePIFvUWBPfYBWfuKplQPuHb4zh6yq99eboVgHfOUYangvPC0n7cT2hxlsFvxL

Dual curses with skittering runes worth? also those skill duration nodes would help, or its overkill to use 2 curses? (flammability+temp chains for example)

About shield block, its worth? or would i get stuck in block animation to much? i could reach Mind Barrier node (on witch area) too.

Looks great!

I don't feel the need for block, but it doesn't hurt. Skittering runes... uuugh idk, up to you. Skill duration only if you choose to self-cast immortal, in most cases for most people you shouldn't get.
Dual curse is great, you see what works best for you.. Also I like enfeeble, but either way, unless playing pure defense, flam is a thing. To add, if want stuper crispy stuff, el.weak in addition... wish poe monsters looked tastier.

Hope that helps,
Good luck!
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Last edited by GoranH on Sep 3, 2014, 7:03:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info