[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
GoranH wrote:

"
Samara712 wrote:
Hi,
Have been looking at this as well. Might try to get my hands on the wand later.
Using a 5L but with IIR, so dps wise a 4L. Debating switching to FT>faster casting>GMP>added chaos dmg instead of fire pen as dps would no longer rely that much on fire dmg.
And then maybe drop some fire dmg nodes on the tree and go for the 3 chaos dmg nodes to the right of EB for 48% inc chaos dmg.

Would certainly help clearing ele res mobs and fire res maps(painfully slow), making it more viable allround.
As for mana will likely drop disc and try to sustain AA with mana/regen from gear. Currently i can do lv 12 AA without disc i think which is still quite nice.
Any thoughts?

Don't get inc. chaos dmg. If you want to clear el. res mobs faster get deodre's and dual curse. elweak and flam.

Any reason to drop Disc? If so, get high ES gear... that'll do the job more so than stacking regen, though both are amazing, also CoD... yeah offensively minimal, but defensively bonkers. ;)

*Also haven't tested, but quite a few said Herald of Ice is great.

Thanks for the reply. After some testing agree that those chaos dmg nodes arent worth it, too many points..
Reason to drop disc is the 40% increased mana cost of apep's rage, unique wand, need a bigger available mana pool.
And yes Herald of ice is definitely quite nice for the low cost it takes.

With the unique wand and added chaos dmg linked i manage to get up to 2.6k tooltip dps with gmp now, time to move on to higher maps!

PS: One other thing I was wondering.. You think it's worth to pick up some spell crit nodes/gear? There are some nodes close by.
"
Samara712 wrote:

PS: One other thing I was wondering.. You think it's worth to pick up some spell crit nodes/gear? There are some nodes close by.

If at point in time you're not satisfied with dmg, then start removing defensive nodes and start investing into crit, and get Three Dragons, also gear wise get gear with +spelldmg and 80%+ crit chance for spells.

P.S. Wish I had the time for rework, so much potential and diversity the skeleton of the build has... reason why I went with it rather than searing at the start of invasion. (and before searing bond buff)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Hit 85 with Dual Flame totems in Beyond.

After my shipyard run with vulnerability and inc monster dmg, i decided tinkering on a more defensive build. This is how i got the idea of trying the new Shield nodes in the witch area.
This is how it developed:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUARtftIOFzi4wFW2Bt3fNdxoM4nYC1BOQigpspT5BVp4QaOOw4Fm8abONqNukkqqcIna7a3R8CNsXYJDpYVcaD2wQHXyrr5OxVKo1JGzbY8WysmDI0r7eHZRBYLJwo-uvuuJNZ88AaLKdaKyoTo_IRD0wtFLCCHtsL-eiCx7c-QYfYvf4KNZLGrviTjEYrthDMU6UMXxynV8kNfEVHJ2EG6fO-Kw1Ms0JLhcXfvn7i-tKAVk99UWBTUkWdmuBnm64-d-M8LaC0-6rkUV8_8wbjnycv7w68n6mVogAUTfJFTeP-jzrh8B_Fiq9sDPfp1V4f

Summary:

+ %161 Life
+ %35 extra Block
+ %10 Extra Spell block
+ Lots of free resistance for easier gearing (and more can be gained easily)

= Dps is more or less same, i just have %10 lesser spell dmg. (2k+ with GMP)

- Mana Regen is lower than what i have now (It will force me to drop Haste and use Dicipline)(This can be bypassed by dropping AA)
- This wont work with staffs.

So lets say we decide to use a default Amulet of Lazwhar, run a Tempest Shield. A Titanium Spirit Shield with no extra block: 69 Block / 44 Spell Block.

With Corrupted Amulet (% block) and extra block on shield this achieves max block/46 spell block.

For now it feels like this could work real well, but i am not the best theorycrafter so i value your ideas on it.

PS: My current build atm
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbCPQMXw18EFgQzBEPFE0UsBZvGjgabBynHwIfxySqKPopTyoTKo0reCu2LJwspy2LMjQ1kjbFNtg26TpYOuFBh0SrRZ1G10kbTC1N41NSU6VVrlXGVytXyVnzWitdxl8qYG1qQ20Zgh6Cm4LHgziD24dli4yMRpBVmuCdgJ2uogCj8qZXpwinhKyYr7e1BLc-uJO86r2CwBrAVMau2CTYvdrd2wvd89-K4XPjauQi6QLr5Ovu7DjsVe0g8B_xbPJF-JP56P4K_o_-sw==

Last edited by Quasireel on Sep 4, 2014, 11:38:43 AM
"
Quasireel wrote:
Hit 85 with Dual Flame totems in Beyond.

After my shipyard run with vulnerability and inc monster dmg, i decided tinkering on a more defensive build. This is how i got the idea of trying the new Shield nodes in the witch area.
This is how it developed:

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUARtftIOFzi4wFW2Bt3fNdxoM4nYC1BOQigpspT5BVp4QaOOw4Fm8abONqNukkqqcIna7a3R8CNsXYJDpYVcaD2wQHXyrr5OxVKo1JGzbY8WysmDI0r7eHZRBYLJwo-uvuuJNZ88AaLKdaKyoTo_IRD0wtFLCCHtsL-eiCx7c-QYfYvf4KNZLGrviTjEYrthDMU6UMXxynV8kNfEVHJ2EG6fO-Kw1Ms0JLhcXfvn7i-tKAVk99UWBTUkWdmuBnm64-d-M8LaC0-6rkUV8_8wbjnycv7w68n6mVogAUTfJFTeP-jzrh8B_Fiq9sDPfp1V4f

Summary:

+ %161 Life
+ %35 extra Block
+ %10 Extra Spell block
+ Lots of free resistance for easier gearing (and more can be gained easily)

= Dps is more or less same, i just have %10 lesser spell dmg. (2k+ with GMP)

- Mana Regen is lower than what i have now (It will force me to drop Haste and use Dicipline)(This can be bypassed by dropping AA)
- This wont work with staffs.

So lets say we decide to use a default Amulet of Lazwhar, run a Tempest Shield. A Titanium Spirit Shield with no extra block: 69 Block / 44 Spell Block.

With Corrupted Amulet (% block) and extra block on shield this achieves max block/46 spell block.

For now it feels like this could work real well, but i am not the best theorycrafter so i value your ideas on it.

PS: My current build atm
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbCPQMXw18EFgQzBEPFE0UsBZvGjgabBynHwIfxySqKPopTyoTKo0reCu2LJwspy2LMjQ1kjbFNtg26TpYOuFBh0SrRZ1G10kbTC1N41NSU6VVrlXGVytXyVnzWitdxl8qYG1qQ20Zgh6Cm4LHgziD24dli4yMRpBVmuCdgJ2uogCj8qZXpwinhKyYr7e1BLc-uJO86r2CwBrAVMau2CTYvdrd2wvd89-K4XPjauQi6QLr5Ovu7DjsVe0g8B_xbPJF-JP56P4K_o_-sw==

Thx for sharing, like I said... it's easy to shift more defensively if you wanted. Lahzar is cheap... if wanting more expensive options Rathpit's and strides are great... But lahzar and Perandus shield will get you enough, with few block nodes that are closeby.

So if wanted a confirmation, yes it'll work, great even. Get Crest of Perandus for start, for high block.. if got nothing else, and about %block on lahzar, it'll be easier just to get rathpith's.

But also, keep in mind... keep that MoM going, effective health is still great. Meaning get ES pieces, Titanium with high ES /block is best best. ;)

Have fun!

[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
Thanks for your help Goran, really appreciated^^

Anyways I sold my Searing Touch and I bought some pieces of gear, and I'm soon gonna buy that Ape's Rage Wand to boost my dps.

My gear atm, need to change some pieces, Trying to get item rarity if I can^^
Spoiler

Should i go first for Cloak of Defiance or Ape's Rage Wand? and what do you think about going in the Shadow tree to take some points?

I was thinking of something like this
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUABVvhc4uM7SBG113GKU_kIrUEgptgbd3zgzidgBRNBLOiAPAfkFWnhBo47DgWbxps42o26SSqo_Isp1orKhNZ88Aapwidrvnogsco-uvuuJPGrrc-QYf4k4xGK7YQzNi9_gpN4_6PNZKmV_JFOuECcYPbOlhVxqyY2t3bC4IeFLBMLREPBAfYJDbFHwJTUkWdmuCHZa-3MjQsnBBYj6ZEq1WuU6UMXxyndFVfKg18V8kt0jrYjHZN2IIQH8creG0ZLYtqQ8BUCPS86iL0DY1sCyaVYeJVS4w2UEItRxzc5Y6ksQ==
IGN: Mad_Brululul
Last edited by valerio07 on Sep 6, 2014, 10:12:07 AM
apes rage? in what league? not beyond eh?

I actually feel tanky enough and will go full dmg from here on... 2k dps on the totem with GMP but i feel it is still tooooo weak.

build @ level 90
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsMXxBYEMwRDxRNFLAVUBZvGjgabBynHwIkqij6KU8qEyqNK7YsnCynMjQ1kjbFNtg26TpYOuFBh0SrRZ1G10kbSshMLU3jU1JTpVWuVcZZ81orXcZgbW6qeuZ7IIGvghCCHoKbgseDOIPbh2WLjIxGj6aQVZrgnYCdrqIAo_KmV6cIp4SsmK-3sQW1BLXytz64k7jQwBrDE8au1HzYJNi92jra3dsL3fPfsOFz5CLnauvu7DjsVe0g8B_xbPJF-JP56P4K_of-jw==

what kind of other items could we get to boost dps, apart from a 100%+ spell dmg wand?

why titanium spirit shield though? others have more spelldmg%
Last edited by danteafk on Sep 6, 2014, 1:01:47 AM
Ty for the input Goran, yea i guess i might be overdoing it, esp. by going into marauder area. I will get a few items and run some tests and try to find a sweet spot.

"
danteafk wrote:
apes rage? in what league? not beyond eh?

I actually feel tanky enough and will go full dmg from here on... 2k dps on the totem with GMP but i feel it is still tooooo weak.

build @ level 90
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsMXxBYEMwRDxRNFLAVUBZvGjgabBynHwIkqij6KU8qEyqNK7YsnCynMjQ1kjbFNtg26TpYOuFBh0SrRZ1G10kbSshMLU3jU1JTpVWuVcZZ81orXcZgbW6qeuZ7IIGvghCCHoKbgseDOIPbh2WLjIxGj6aQVZrgnYCdrqIAo_KmV6cIp4SsmK-3sQW1BLXytz64k7jQwBrDE8au1HzYJNi92jra3dsL3fPfsOFz5CLnauvu7DjsVe0g8B_xbPJF-JP56P4K_of-jw==

what kind of other items could we get to boost dps, apart from a 100%+ spell dmg wand?

why titanium spirit shield though? others have more spelldmg%

I use Apep's in beyond, real good cost/effect.

dunno mate, i am 86 and i encountered near to death experiences in 77+ maps with vulnerability etc, our dps is more or less same (2.137 with Gmp to be exact).

Titanium has %30 block chance and highest base ES. I also think it makes up for the implicit spell dmg.

@valerio07:
well Apep costs 1ex and Cloak is 2-20ex ish depending on links. I would say get the wand, and save for a 5L Cloak (4ex ish). You can manage without MOM until higher maps.

Going into shadow is not worth IMO, u spent 5 stat nodes to get 6 nodes (and not the best ones) and 0 keystones. If you wish to dip somewhere, going to MOM will free your chest slot and give you the option for 2 good life clusters (Thick Skin and Profane Chemistry)
Here is my build / gear at 87. GMP totems doing 1700 dps, about 5k life and 4k mana. Cloak of defiance in my opinion is the most important piece to get. This build is so tanky, I had no idea. I also like that its not so click intensive as other builds. This is very enjoyable to play, thanks guys.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAA-4EBwSzBVsI9Ax9EFgQfxDMEQ8UTRSwFm8aOBpsHb4fAh_HJKon7Sj6KU8qEyqNK3grtiycLKctizI0M4c1kjbFNtg26TpYOuFBh0WdRtdJG0wtTeNTUlXGVytZ81orXcZfKmBtakNtGYIegpuCx4M4g9uHZYuMjEaQVZrgnYCdrqIAo_KmV6cIp4SsmKyqr7e1BLc-uJO86r2CwBrAVMaexq7YJNi92t3bC93z4XPjauQi6-Tr7uw47FXtIPAf8WzyRfiT-ej8S_4K_o8=
Last edited by csx on Sep 6, 2014, 3:55:29 PM
"
Quasireel wrote:

@valerio07:
well Apep costs 1ex and Cloak is 2-20ex ish depending on links. I would say get the wand, and save for a 5L Cloak (4ex ish). You can manage without MOM until higher maps.

Going into shadow is not worth IMO, u spent 5 stat nodes to get 6 nodes (and not the best ones) and 0 keystones. If you wish to dip somewhere, going to MOM will free your chest slot and give you the option for 2 good life clusters (Thick Skin and Profane Chemistry)

Thanks for your answer,

yeah that's what I was thinking, dk, I will probably buy Ape's Wand and then farm some low level map till I can get my hands on Cloak of Defiance, one important thing is that I'm going to use this pg pretty much to farm currency,item and uniques with that rarity find...so I'm not that intersted in uber super high end map lol.
IGN: Mad_Brululul
Last edited by valerio07 on Sep 6, 2014, 4:30:30 PM
"
csx wrote:
Here is my build / gear at 87. GMP totems doing 1700 dps, about 5k life and 4k mana. Cloak of defiance in my opinion is the most important piece to get. This build is so tanky, I had no idea. I also like that its not so click intensive as other builds. This is very enjoyable to play, thanks guys.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAA-4EBwSzBVsI9Ax9EFgQfxDMEQ8UTRSwFm8aOBpsHb4fAh_HJKon7Sj6KU8qEyqNK3grtiycLKctizI0M4c1kjbFNtg26TpYOuFBh0WdRtdJG0wtTeNTUlXGVytZ81orXcZfKmBtakNtGYIegpuCx4M4g9uHZYuMjEaQVZrgnYCdrqIAo_KmV6cIp4SsmKyqr7e1BLc-uJO86r2CwBrAVMaexq7YJNi92t3bC93z4XPjauQi6-Tr7uw47FXtIPAf8WzyRfiT-ej8S_4K_o8=

Thanks for the feedback. About tankiness, I keep saying that, I built it to be hc viable... and peeps keep telling me, no armor no games... need armor to be good. And I still don't like armor. :p Just get few block nodes, ratpiths and lahzar and you're overdoing it with high effective pool (good es pieces).

And as for CoD, same... but I guess peeps just be looking for dmg, seeing all these 2-10mil dps builds, just trying to be real here and provide a flexible and scalable build, that you can customize to your liking afterwards and I just provided the base skeleton for it... and stopped playing cause played too many FT templars making this, and suggested couple of noteworthy options. ;)

As for DMG, I srsly think dmg with good gear and dual cursing is excellent... esp when shotgunning bosses.

Really should include feedback tab, because pretty much everyone had good words for the build.

heh P.S. And rename to 1mil deeps < 1ex XD

Have fun,
GoranH.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info