[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
kompaniet wrote:
Don't make skill trees with close to 120 points assigned. 99% won't reach this level it's pointless. If a build isn't finished by level 80 it's a build not worth bothering with.

Also put the url tags around your links so the links are actually clickable. Saves a lot of effort and aggreviation but maybe that's just me.

This build needs an update passive tree.

Thanks.

i did that as i tought the question was for re-speccing an old char into a new one.

and also it is quite easy to downgrade this build. Keep EB-AB Keystones, delete the points wasted on MOM then delete the least effective dmg and life nodes. This build is finished like level 50, rest is more dmg and more life.

This being said, i think with 1.3 changes this build will undergo a slight modification, dropping MoM, taking a few aura nodes and using defensive auras (hello grace) to boost totem/player survival. From there a few endgame variations seem reachable.

Running Vitality+Purity of Fire with RotF can result in an easily maintainable RF.
Or you can go tanky totems with Soul Mantle, boosting the dmg by 33%

Still these are untested theories, and i don't have much time for testing and make a guide like Goran's (i just love it, so detailed from start to end).

ty for the url tag reminder, i will add it now.
"
Quasireel wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
Don't make skill trees with close to 120 points assigned. 99% won't reach this level it's pointless. If a build isn't finished by level 80 it's a build not worth bothering with.

Also put the url tags around your links so the links are actually clickable. Saves a lot of effort and aggreviation but maybe that's just me.

This build needs an update passive tree.

Thanks.

i did that as i tought the question was for re-speccing an old char into a new one.

and also it is quite easy to downgrade this build. Keep EB-AB Keystones, delete the points wasted on MOM then delete the least effective dmg and life nodes. This build is finished like level 50, rest is more dmg and more life.

This being said, i think with 1.3 changes this build will undergo a slight modification, dropping MoM, taking a few aura nodes and using defensive auras (hello grace) to boost totem/player survival. From there a few endgame variations seem reachable.

Running Vitality+Purity of Fire with RotF can result in an easily maintainable RF.
Or you can go tanky totems with Soul Mantle, boosting the dmg by 33%

Still these are untested theories, and i don't have much time for testing and make a guide like Goran's (i just love it, so detailed from start to end).

ty for the url tag reminder, i will add it now.

Totem's love and all... rampage/beyond killed the fun for me (esp. rampage), and here I'm facing final exams etc. so have no time.

Thanks for all the help Quasireel.
From what I can see, now totems benefit from defnesive aura's, but are also prone to dmg from RF, poison clouds etc... so trade offs, or just reposition where there's poison clouds or whatnot.

So, since I haven't been here for awhile, or testing it for that matter, I guess heralds of ash/thunder are good... we'll see. At least I'm glad it's going strong still, easy + simple + cheap and all. Shame I don't have the time it requires to overhaul it nicely.

If you could do some initial testing for aura's /tree I'd happily include it in the main page.
Regards,
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
requesting some 1.3 love
"
Jovoo wrote:
Would be nice if we could get an update of the build for 1.3. :)

This is the best I could do so far:

1)

2)

Now basically you pick up dmg nodes, more life nodes, totem resilience thingies.
Then the plan is to have mana for AA and eventually MoM (in terms of CoD), even without CoD you can do good, and just use your mana for more aura's. Best uniq defensively is CLoak of defiance, and best uniq. you could get for this build. If wanting more offense then Apep's Rage (that chaos dmg wand).

Links are the same.

As for Aura's since I haven't really tested many. Aside from basic Clarity (+ Disc when MoM or for regen), Herald of Ice is pretty great, and I haven't tried herald of thunder, but if it's good then picking celestial punishment is pretty great (that or Three Dragons helm which is usually very cheap).

Also, try out purity of elements, or purity of X for specific bosses... that should work great.

From the 2nd tree, you can choose to go MoM route, or try and get Cloak of Def and do rest to get dmg up, HP up (tons of life nodes nearby)

Example :

So use more aura's buff them as well as AA with inner force... have totems with good el. resistance, and decent dmg (can get witch's el. nodes as well).

As far as links, they are same as in main guide.

FT + LMP/GMP + Fire Pen + Added Chaos/Fast Cast/Fast Proj.

As for gear, uniques aside... main attributes are listed. With is now even easier with crafting from 1.2 forsaken masters.

If I missed something, please ask. Final exams are close, so I have no more time to spare... if some of you could test it more with past chars I'd appreciate it.

Regards.

TL:DR Some tree's above... same principle as before, base version with AA, superior version with Cloak of Def (defensively superior), cool defensive aura's are a go, so purity's yay, maybe even grace, heralds ice (thunder?). Totems are now vuln. to poison clouds, rf and some other degens. Pretty decent tree.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
I just ripped with my SWT Witch due to Knockback desynch and I really enjoy dual totem chars, so I thought back to last league and rerolled a Flame Totem templar. And boy, why did I even care to go SWT. I will update my experience as I go.

Normal:
As this wasn't the first char in the league, I could have bought a few items to give myself a better start, but I decided not to. I levelled with Flameblast in a +1 Fire scepter and eventually linked Change to Ignite to it. I had a 4L Helm and the necessary gems in my stash so I decided to go dual totem at lvl 31.

I took the dex node just so I don't have to bother to get +dex on my equipment.
I leveled to 31 in Docks, equipped my helm and then continued through the content. Bossfights were a breeze.

Cruel:
Act 1 was just how Normal ended. Nothing much to say really, I stomped everything in my way, Brutus died in 10 seconds. Took the Clarity for owning Brutus and started to run it.
I found a Diamond shrine in front of Merveil boss room, so I was blessed with an extra easy fight. Wouldn't have been a problem without it tho. Just a time saver.

I respecced out of the dex node and took another one that is closer to my path, but then I realized that it doesn't matter at all. Oh well, who needs respec points anyway?
Finished Act 2 without further problems and went onwards to Act 3. I cleared my way to Docks and while I was farming there, I was asking a friend to treat me with the Solaris WP, just because I was lazy. He insisted in shuttling me to Merciless and I agreed of course. But I would have easily been able to clear everything myself that way was just faster. The only little shock moment was when me and my friend split up in Imperial Gardens so he can look for the plum while I clear Library/Archives. Upon entering Library, the very first mob I met were Cult of the Elements Freeze Pulsers that shot a barrage that took me down to 40% hp. I checked my coldres and it read 42% at that time. So take care if you go in overleveled area without capped resists. Other than that, no troubles met.

Merciless:
My friend left to eat in Lioneye's Watch so I continued onwards pushing towards ledge. For the newer players: skip Mercy Mission and Dweller of the Deep because those are lvl 58 areas which means the mobs there will probably tear you a new one.
Even tho I was only lvl 48 when reaching Ledge, I felt confident. As soon as I specced Sovereignty, I linked Purity of Elements and Clarity to Reduced Mana and started running both.

I farmed Ledge until 55 and got bored, so I picked up the Dweller skill point and went on with the quest line. Brutus was just like Brutus in Cruel: a joke. In the Ship Graveyard, I had a very nice boots drop that I instantly 4 socketed and 4 linked so I can run the infamous CwDT-Increased Duration-Enduring Cry-Immortal Call combo. Merveil was easy, I didn't notice taking damage. Drop was trash of course.
Act 2 town is usually the time when I realize that I should at least try to cap my resistances by getting some cheap gear, meaning that it is poe.trade time.

My gear before shopping

My gear after shopping

Expenses:
Mind Circle - Two-Stone Ring: 1 chaos
Horror Mitts - Bronzescale Gauntlets: 1 fusing; Crafting: light res 10 augs, 4L 10 jewellers + 5 fusings, 3 chromes
Havoc Lock - Chain Belt: 1 chaos; Crafting: 10 augs
Loath Glance - Necromancer Circlet: 1 alch
Beast Star - Karui Scepter: 1 chaos

Could have been much cheaper. I visited Act 2 Merc town to balance my resistances and completely forgot that I run Purity. Well, at least I am overcapped now, so that's cool.

With fresh items, I continued onwards to slay all of those pesky bandits. Everything went smoothly, only time I dropped lower than 75% hp was when Weaver grazed me with his EK or whatever that skill is. Vaal dropped so fast that I decided to farm him a few times. But to no avail unfortunately as the expected GG loot didn't drop.
I started Act 3 very slowly, following the main questline to Docks instead of simply joining a pub party and getting the WP. That's what I usually do. In the past, I hated Act 3 but the more I played it, the more I love running around in the Sewers. It's so cozy. I am still disgusted by Imperial Gardens and everything that comes after but there is a reason for GGG to not require you to do any of this other than for the achievement. Anyway, I farmed Docks to 63, got bored and payed a visit to piety. Also I got to skill EB around that time, so I started to run Discipline and Arctic Armour.
Lunaris was the first time I had to actually wait for my totems to kill the blue and yellow mobs, but I was going very confident still. I even killed Kole because why not. I had a nice Strongbox in Lun2 with item quantity, additional items and mirrored so I slammed a Vaal Orb on it. Too bad that everything that dropped was awful, but at least I got 8 Chance Orbs for the same name vendor recipe. I took Lun3 very slowly, mainly because I am paranoid about the titty bitches and their ability to stunlock me. I could have been faster through that but I was only lvl 64 at that time and my Flame Totem was only lvl 15. Better safe than sorry, tho. Piety itself was surprisingly easy. Bosses just drop so damn fast with Flame Totems. Didn't pick up the Tower Key because I am not planning to go Dominus any time soon, fuck him. Farmed to 65 in Docks and logged off for today (or at least for now).

Quick Update:
I did a few maps, mainly to get Zana, and it went just fine. Ran white 66, 67 and a 68 without running into problems, but it's showing that the damage with my low level Flame Totem makes mapping a tedious task. That's why I am settling for Piety runs for now and I will be doing that until I can pick up one or two levels in my skill gems (probably 2 or even more, I LOVE Piety runs). It's just a very safe run with AA as the Tentacle Miscreations do next to no damage and Piety drops so fast that I can barely call it a fight. My next goals item-wise are to get a 5L chest so I can add an Item Rarity gem that can be swapped with Added Chaos for the guys that are keen to run maps. On the skill tree I am going to take the Arsonist node and then maybe get some more cast speed or Inner Force. If I happen to find GCPs, I will dump them into the Faster Casting gem.
Last edited by Karyoplasma on Dec 19, 2014, 8:43:51 PM
great build. thanks for sharing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info