[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

Hi GoranH,

Good job!

Almost reached lvl 70 @ Beyond. Really appreciate your thread.
However, I like to shoot few questions/opinions. And I hope it helps people who don't know as well.

1. Do you think, if GMP is used, it's better as follows : FlameBrotem>FirePen>FastCast>GMP>FasterProj>added chaos ?

Because, one thing I found really annoying is.. without faster projectile, flame totem wont shotgun effectively, moreover, totem is unable to shotgun running mobs constantly (mostly archer and wander mobs, they're coward and GGG scripted 'em well to stay out from source of damage)

My point is..faster projectile > added chaos if we are using GMP. More shutgun from GMP surpass chaos damage from added chaos. Correct me if I'm wrong. what do you think?

2. I currently using CoD, having 1k armor, 3,4k hp, and 1,3k FREE mana pool (using clarity, turned off discipline).
I've tested incoming damage with a Huge Skeleton in library (I assume everyone know). It hits about 1k of my hp and 1/4 of my mana (230 mana/sec it regens so fast though).

Okay that's 1 skelly. Now What if..
4-5 devourers shoot at the same time and our mana cannot absorb every hits. Let's say 4 hits are absorbed to mana with MoM, and 5th hits is no longer absorbed because the mana is still regenerating. Imagine what it does to 1k armor.

My point being..we cannot rely 100% from MoM to reduce damage taken. however, if we do. Ready Hybrid flask anytime. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Not that I'm being overparanoid with HC League. But I like to anticipate things :)

Really like your opinions on this. It would be great to hear respond from others too!
Last edited by Looteusmaximum on Sep 1, 2014, 2:53:47 AM
Hey, I reached level 76 with this build, doing great so far. Wanted to ask what you guys think of variation of this that I am doing.

So first my gear and passive tree

Spoiler

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsQWBDMEQ8UTRSwFm8aOBpsHwIkqiftKPopTyoTK7YsnCynMjQ1kjaJNsU22DbpOlg64UGHRKtFnUbXSRtMLU3jU1JVrlXGWfNaK13GXypgbWwWghCCHoKbgseDOIPbhxmHZYuMjEaPppBVmK2a4J2Ana6iAKPyplenCKeErJisqq-3tQS3PriTwBrGrtgk2L3a3dsL3fPfsOFz42rkIuvk6-7sOO0g8B_xbPJF9On4k_no_Ev-Cv6P

So basically I'm using three dragons to shock instead of ignite, also bought voidbringer to crit crit crit and took some shock nodes in passive tree. White mobs and blue mobs have perma shock so they drop extremly fast, yellow get shock on crits, bosses usually dont get shock. So I was thinking If I had a 5link and put quality added fire damage in would I be able to shock bosses? Maybe some of you have some suggestions?
"
Hey, I reached level 76 with this build, doing great so far. Wanted to ask what you guys think of variation of this that I am doing.

Spoiler

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsQWBDMEQ8UTRSwFm8aOBpsHwIkqiftKPopTyoTK7YsnCynMjQ1kjaJNsU22DbpOlg64UGHRKtFnUbXSRtMLU3jU1JVrlXGWfNaK13GXypgbWwWghCCHoKbgseDOIPbhxmHZYuMjEaPppBVmK2a4J2Ana6iAKPyplenCKeErJisqq-3tQS3PriTwBrGrtgk2L3a3dsL3fPfsOFz42rkIuvk6-7sOO0g8B_xbPJF9On4k_no_Ev-Cv6P

So basically I'm using three dragons to shock instead of ignite, also bought voidbringer to crit crit crit and took some shock nodes in passive tree. White mobs and blue mobs have perma shock so they drop extremly fast, yellow get shock on crits, bosses usually dont get shock. So I was thinking If I had a 5link and put quality added fire damage in would I be able to shock bosses? Maybe some of you have some suggestions?

Hey Iceas,

I've been using dual flame brotem too and few bars left to 70. I'm no expert but I would like to point my opinion if I may.

I think added fire will be a waste of slot. you can however increase shock duration/damage by
1. Increasing fire damage -> gems like faster projectile which leads to increase projectile damage and/or more fire damage nodes
2. Take (More) increase shock duration passives
3. Use flammability curse on boss to increase fire damage which leads to shock duration
4. If you crit a lot, you should proly use crit weakness curse and Inc. Crit Damage gem
5. Use temporal chain to slow the debuff duration out of bosses (I prefer number 3/4 though)
Last edited by Looteusmaximum on Sep 1, 2014, 5:39:48 AM
how have you survived so long? your gear looks super squishy lol
www.twitch.tv/atenpls

Standard - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811535 | http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/803616
"
vXz wrote:

You're right, I just place totems infront of me they work as agro magnets
"
Exotize wrote:
Level 68 on Rampage, maps are zero issue, but oddly enough those Voidbearers at the docks drop my totems like no tomorrow.

Tree is spec'd into armor and hp instead of EB.
Everything is great aside from totems dying too fast at points. CWDT with frostwall is amazing for keeping projectiles away and protecting totems/me.
Really need a 5 link, so I can get decent dps, but as for now I cant complain with all that I got for under a ex.
Thank you for this guide.

Yeah, things with fast attacking spells will demolish your totems, so they require better totem placement. I usually place the first one just far enough that when it starts attacking it connects, (projectile speed works wonders) and second one, same thing just on the sides.

Take care,
GoranH.
(Cybil's is an option ;) )

"
Quasireel wrote:
Level 77 on Beyond :) i love duel totem farmer in fresh leagues as it is practically free and powerful, and this time i more or less followed this guide. It is quite detailed but also easy to follow, so thanks a lot for your efforts.

Until level 76, i had spent total of 1 Chaos (!) for the build. Plus 4 alchemies in master crafting.
I still use a 4L chest with 0 life and total of 12 ele res.
---
I dropped inc. duration nodes and extra endurance charge because it seemed like too much points for the effect.[/spoiler]

Auras:
Spoiler
Clarity + Herald of Ice + Dicipline or Haste

A few 1.2 notes i realized:

* Herald of ice doesnt do wonders, but thinking it reserves so little mana, should be used. At lvl 16 mine reserves %18 mana and adds 110ish dps per projectile.

* New talent tree includes too many good mana/mana regen nodes. So unless u are going MOM, dropping Dicipline for another 60% aura is an idea.

* The new item Apep's Rage, got one today and at first glance it looks awesome for the build. Flat bonus dmg to totems ftw.

* Carrying a support gem that REDUCES your totem range is very handy for Elreon's feed quests, or Vorici's kill target,leave others line of quests.

Yeah, super expensive to get started up. ;)

Thx for the 1.2.0 notes... ;)
Added and credited on the original post.

Have fun!
GoranH.

"
trolldealer wrote:
im currently following this build, just one word: epic, im lv 56 still in cruel mode and dont have any troubles in beyond league.
My stats:
2k1HP, lightning res abit low
totem deal 1000 dps ( yes, insane clear speed)

finally im a newbie :D.

That image upload was bad. :( Anyhow, I'm glad it's working out so great for you. ;)
Keep doing great,
GoranH.

"
trolldealer wrote:
i switched LMP to GMP, even more crazy dps than b4 :)

my 6L:
Flame Totem > GMP > Faster Cast> Fire Pen> Faster Proj > Added Chaos

my aura:
Herald Of Ice, only 1 atm ( dont use Clarity cuz of mana suffering)

What mana suffering, did you get EB?

"
fph wrote:

I agree that those increased duration nodes seem odd. Any rationale for including them? At distance 2 there is also a +24% totem life and +15% totem duration node south-east of the Scion starting position, I think they'd be better spent there. Totem life is hard to come by.

EDIT: they are there because the plan is self-casting Immortal Call. Not sure I'd like it as a playstyle personally, though. Too on/off to be a reliable defensive method. I think I'll go on Quasireel's path.

Another nice change in his tree in my view is going up to Heart of Flame for fire dmg nodes rather than down into the Witch start for spell dmg nodes.

Will change up notes a bit, yes it's optional... afraid most people will think of it as the way to go, default one. It's not, it's only if you care for that type of playstyle... it could allow you to be immune most of the time with it, 'cause long duration... as long as you're finding enemies and popping up that enduring echo. As for Fire dmg nodes, they are great... as good as spell dmg.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
"
valerio07 wrote:
Hi Goran, first of all thanks for sharing your build.

I'm now lvl 52 in Beyond and the build looks awesome, not so much dps (420) but i have 2.1k hp and 500 es...now i have a question for you, while playing together a friend of mine found a Searing Touch, here it is

I know is an awesome piece, do you think is worth to use it with this build? if yes, would you change something in the skill tree? I think I can go more defensive due to the dmg that i will have and because I have to drop my shield. What do you think?^^

edit: now up to 730 dps without the staff, and 840 with it.(lvl 55)

You're welcome! You can use it, it's good for dmg... since playing in beyond, be sure to cap your res if using it. Also since you got it, might try using Searing Bond, as that gets most of the staff. Just get the burning dmg nodes like holy fire, instead of firedmg.

Have fun! Also keep that dmg up! :D
GoranH.

"
Reaveler wrote:
Thank you very much for sharing this guide.
I've just beat second act on Cruel in Beyond League.
That's my first HC character.

ACT 1
Level 45
1490HP, 41/41/75 Resists, and I had Saphire Flask for the fight.
Tooltip dps is 263,9.

ACT 2
Level 48
1626HP, 71/71/75 Resists,
Tooltip dps is 346,1

That's great, keep us updated man!
And have fun,
GoranH.

P.S. That gear change to tabula/cybil's and 3D. ^_^

"
Hi GoranH,

Good job!

Almost reached lvl 70 @ Beyond. Really appreciate your thread.
However, I like to shoot few questions/opinions. And I hope it helps people who don't know as well.

1. Do you think, if GMP is used, it's better as follows : FlameBrotem>FirePen>FastCast>GMP>FasterProj>added chaos ?

Because, one thing I found really annoying is.. without faster projectile, flame totem wont shotgun effectively, moreover, totem is unable to shotgun running mobs constantly (mostly archer and wander mobs, they're coward and GGG scripted 'em well to stay out from source of damage)

My point is..faster projectile > added chaos if we are using GMP. More shutgun from GMP surpass chaos damage from added chaos. Correct me if I'm wrong. what do you think?

2. I currently using CoD, having 1k armor, 3,4k hp, and 1,3k FREE mana pool (using clarity, turned off discipline).
I've tested incoming damage with a Huge Skeleton in library (I assume everyone know). It hits about 1k of my hp and 1/4 of my mana (230 mana/sec it regens so fast though).

Okay that's 1 skelly. Now What if..
4-5 devourers shoot at the same time and our mana cannot absorb every hits. Let's say 4 hits are absorbed to mana with MoM, and 5th hits is no longer absorbed because the mana is still regenerating. Imagine what it does to 1k armor.

My point being..we cannot rely 100% from MoM to reduce damage taken. however, if we do. Ready Hybrid flask anytime. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Not that I'm being overparanoid with HC League. But I like to anticipate things :)

Really like your opinions on this. It would be great to hear respond from others too!

1. FlameBrotem > FirePen> GMP ... that's the first you should setup, now added/fast cast are in my experience around the same in terms of dmg (depends on circumstance like if you got tons of dmg nodes, fast cast > added chaos), and work best together. Fast Proj is for consistency and Blind is for phys defense. If you're satisfied with the dmg (IMO 4L should be good enough, 5L should be that utility always as in most builds, 6L only to add more dmg ;)

2. That's the thing with pretty much most builds, you don't want to be caught in the devourer pack and is thought of insta-death level risky for most people. Playstyle is meant to aggro most mobs away from you, as you're just the guy in the back. If such thing happens though, my point is to have high enough lifepool to prevent insta-gibbing, some armor is good... but that happens, you insta pop your iron skin granite, warp out and hit a seething just in case. ;)

Hope that helps,
GoranH.

"

Spoiler

Spoiler

Added fire is a waste, should go Deodre's and dual curse with Flammability and Assasin's Mark... to get more dmg and crits which leads to strong and harder shocks. If you crit somewhat consisent due high APS nature of flame totems, you should try and get more shock duration (if you already got high enoug shock chance to crit on regular/blue mobs), and add in inc. crit multi gem.

Also shocking duration is very dependant upon monsters life... so in party not as good as solo. ;)

Take care,
GoranH.

P.S. Kudos to rickyrey, just read. Most of my thoughts pretty much, thx for helping out a fellow player ;)

"
"
vXz wrote:

You're right, I just place totems infront of me they work as agro magnets

As he said, it's all playstyle, knowledge of surrounding and in "oh shit" situations having good reflexes & knowledge of what to do. ;)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Thanks for the input GoranH. Glad that I can share my flamebrotem experience with others.

Anyway, about Apep's Rage new unique wand. Have you tested it against probably 60-70% spell damage wand? I don't really care about dps tooltip though, I think the best way to measure deeeps is by clearing speed :D
Assuming Apep is using level 12 added chaos (65–105) will the damage still good with 20% damage effectiveness of flamebrotem?

I used incinerate with added chaos and it works tremendously (especially at 3rd stage). However I have 0 idea about using added chaos with flame brotem.
"
Thanks for the input GoranH. Glad that I can share my flamebrotem experience with others.

Anyway, about Apep's Rage new unique wand. Have you tested it against probably 60-70% spell damage wand? I don't really care about dps tooltip though, I think the best way to measure deeeps is by clearing speed :D
Assuming Apep is using level 12 added chaos (65–105) will the damage still good with 20% damage effectiveness of flamebrotem?

I used incinerate with added chaos and it works tremendously (especially at 3rd stage). However I have 0 idea about using added chaos with flame brotem.

Actually, the wand adds crazy amount of DPS as cast speed and flat chaos damage IS AWESOME for this build. However, the mana cost is really crazy.

Assuming a 6 link of FT>FirePen>FastCast>GMP>blind>added chaos and the wand, it costs a whopping 348(rounded up) mana per totem! That's close to 700 mana for 2 totems in about a second! Not sure about you but I'm at lvl 80 on this build right now and I have about 700+ unreserved mana. Just 2 of these and I would be left with less then 100 mana for both AA & MOM.

Even on a 4 link of FT > Fire Pen > GMP > FastCast, it costs 249 per cast close to 500 for 2 FT.

Not really ideal for me but could be useful if you are not running Disc, and instead run herald of Ice for even more dps

Note that the numbers are assuming a lvl 20 FT.
Hi,
Have been looking at this as well. Might try to get my hands on the wand later.
Using a 5L but with IIR, so dps wise a 4L. Debating switching to FT>faster casting>GMP>added chaos dmg instead of fire pen as dps would no longer rely that much on fire dmg.
And then maybe drop some fire dmg nodes on the tree and go for the 3 chaos dmg nodes to the right of EB for 48% inc chaos dmg.

Would certainly help clearing ele res mobs and fire res maps(painfully slow), making it more viable allround.
As for mana will likely drop disc and try to sustain AA with mana/regen from gear. Currently i can do lv 12 AA without disc i think which is still quite nice.
Any thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info