[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

wow, how's that coming from? how much is it w/o added chaos?
^ how is ur dps so high lol, I use L16s in geofris and still only get 1450 dps
www.twitch.tv/atenpls

Standard - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811535 | http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/803616
"
Faldrath wrote:
AA is Arctic Armour.

GoranH, you mentioned you had done some testing and was going to post an updated tree... I'm very curious about it, have you posted it somewhere yet? Thanks!

Pretty much what I did so far... difference being, totem dmg nodes are crap. And those fire witch nodes are great.

"
vXz wrote:
what do you think of geofri's crest and COD? Should I use both if I can? Should I only use CoD then find a high ar/ES helm with life and resists? If I use geofri's, should I keep my AA inside or auras? or flame totems? I'm assuming +1 isn't better than having 1 extra link? (I don't expect to have a 6L in beyond any time soon)

Geofri's good as usual, and COD as in Cloak of Defiance is perfect unique. If Gefri's then auras... but I'd take good ES with life and res anyday. Or armor based helm with good stats, but geofri's is great if you have it lying around. 1 Extra link is way better than +1 or even plus 2... 5L is all you need for good dps.
"
danteafk wrote:
welp fml, a devourer unique boss with LMP oneshot me ...

Sorry to hear that, they should introduce an effect for when devourers rise from the ground. right now they are barely visible... and getting caught by a pack indoor, add nasty rare...

Hope you're not discouraged, and had fun playing hc. ;)
Take care,
GoranH.

"
vXz wrote:
^ how is ur dps so high lol, I use L16s in geofris and still only get 1450 dps

5L and LMP instead of GMP. And he got all good dmg nodes on tree. ;)

"
v3spira wrote:

Perfect guide.
Easy farm any map on ma lvl.
3500hp
100/85/90res
2380 totem tooltip dps

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUABVvhc4uM7SBG113GKU_kIrUEgptgbd3zgzidgBRNBLOiAPAfkFWnhBo47DgWbxps42o26SSqo_Isp1orKhNZ88Aapwidrvnogsco-uvuuJPGrrc-QYdTpQxfHKf4k4xGK7YQzNi9_gpN4_6PNZLyRTrhAnH-h3sgtfJuqkrIPydkhAag-b3DE9rdFVDYJDbFHwIyNK-3h2UQWCycVa5Eq4-mghDfsAQHg9tVxjpY6-RfKqyY8Ww22EkbKo3sVQ==

Nice, get some proj speed on gear since you're using LMP for faster clear speed. Deodre's ring for dual curse. And afterwards Cloak of Defiance and mana regen on gear for great defence, also Blind on totems... even nerfed, it's amazeballs defensively.

Keep at it. ;)
GoranH.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Level 68 on Rampage, maps are zero issue, but oddly enough those Voidbearers at the docks drop my totems like no tomorrow.

Here are my stats:
4.5k hp, with 500 reserved for Clarity, 200 ES, 190 life per a sec
43% Phys reduction, 62% with Molten, and Charges, 14% chance to evade
Capped Res, aside from chaos which is at -30%
1.7k tooltip dps, so around 10200ish actual dps

My gear:
Spoiler

Tree is spec'd into armor and hp instead of EB.
Everything is great aside from totems dying too fast at points. CWDT with frostwall is amazing for keeping projectiles away and protecting totems/me.
Really need a 5 link, so I can get decent dps, but as for now I cant complain with all that I got for under a ex.
Thank you for this guide.
Last edited by Exotize on Aug 28, 2014, 9:02:32 PM
Level 77 on Beyond :) i love duel totem farmer in fresh leagues as it is practically free and powerful, and this time i more or less followed this guide. It is quite detailed but also easy to follow, so thanks a lot for your efforts.

Until level 76, i had spent total of 1 Chaos (!) for the build. Plus 4 alchemies in master crafting.
I still use a 4L chest with 0 life and total of 12 ele res.

Alas, I did all map mods except blood magic (never encountered it) inc. %0 regen, -max res, fracturing etc.

Right now i sit at 4.100 hp(some more if i drop MF).

4 Link (GMP) totems do 1283 dps (or 1347 with haste).

i use a slightly altered skill tree (and my reasoning for it included):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbCPQNfBBYEMwRDxRNFLAWbxjXGjgabBynHwIfxySqKPopTyoTKo0reCu2LJwspy2LMjQ1kjbFNtg26TpYQYdFnUbXSRtMLVNSU6VVxlcrV8lZ81orXcZfKmBtakNtGYIegpuCx4M4g9uHZYuMjEaQVZrgnYCdrqIAo_KnCKeErJivt7UEtz64k7zqvYLAGsBUxq7YJNi92t3bC93z4XPjauQi6-Tr7uw47FXtIPAf8WzyRfiT-ej-Cv6P

Practical Application seems useless, but that 20 dex really helps to maintain GMP. Also while there, i grabbed the mana/life nodes and start moving into the witch mana regen start. I easily pushed my mana regen enough to maintain AA (231 atm). Probably after the next %40 node, i will stop using dicipline forever. Still room for much improvement though as i did it on the run

I dropped inc. duration nodes and extra endurance charge because it seemed like too much points for the effect.

Auras:
Spoiler
Clarity + Herald of Ice + Dicipline or Haste

A few 1.2 notes i realized:

* Herald of ice doesnt do wonders, but thinking it reserves so little mana, should be used. At lvl 16 mine reserves %18 mana and adds 110ish dps per projectile.

* New talent tree includes too many good mana/mana regen nodes. So unless u are going MOM, dropping Dicipline for another 60% aura is an idea.

* The new item Apep's Rage, got one today and at first glance it looks awesome for the build. Flat bonus dmg to totems ftw.

* Carrying a support gem that REDUCES your totem range is very handy for Elreon's feed quests, or Vorici's kill target,leave others line of quests.

im currently following this build, just one word: epic, im lv 56 still in cruel mode and dont have any troubles in beyond league.
My stats:
2k1HP, lightning res abit low
totem deal 1000 dps ( yes, insane clear speed)

finally im a newbie :D.
i switched LMP to GMP, even more crazy dps than b4 :)

my 6L:
Flame Totem > GMP > Faster Cast> Fire Pen> Faster Proj > Added Chaos

my aura:
Herald Of Ice, only 1 atm ( dont use Clarity cuz of mana suffering)
"
Quasireel wrote:

i use a slightly altered skill tree (and my reasoning for it included):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbCPQNfBBYEMwRDxRNFLAWbxjXGjgabBynHwIfxySqKPopTyoTKo0reCu2LJwspy2LMjQ1kjbFNtg26TpYQYdFnUbXSRtMLVNSU6VVxlcrV8lZ81orXcZfKmBtakNtGYIegpuCx4M4g9uHZYuMjEaQVZrgnYCdrqIAo_KnCKeErJivt7UEtz64k7zqvYLAGsBUxq7YJNi92t3bC93z4XPjauQi6-Tr7uw47FXtIPAf8WzyRfiT-ej-Cv6P

Practical Application seems useless, but that 20 dex really helps to maintain GMP. Also while there, i grabbed the mana/life nodes and start moving into the witch mana regen start. I easily pushed my mana regen enough to maintain AA (231 atm). Probably after the next %40 node, i will stop using dicipline forever. Still room for much improvement though as i did it on the run

I dropped inc. duration nodes and extra endurance charge because it seemed like too much points for the effect.

I agree that those increased duration nodes seem odd. Any rationale for including them? At distance 2 there is also a +24% totem life and +15% totem duration node south-east of the Scion starting position, I think they'd be better spent there. Totem life is hard to come by.

EDIT: they are there because the plan is self-casting Immortal Call. Not sure I'd like it as a playstyle personally, though. Too on/off to be a reliable defensive method. I think I'll go on Quasireel's path.

Another nice change in his tree in my view is going up to Heart of Flame for fire dmg nodes rather than down into the Witch start for spell dmg nodes.
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.
Last edited by fph on Aug 30, 2014, 4:34:18 AM
Hi Goran, first of all thanks for sharing your build.

I'm now lvl 52 in Beyond and the build looks awesome, not so much dps (420) but i have 2.1k hp and 500 es...now i have a question for you, while playing together a friend of mine found a Searing Touch, here it is

I know is an awesome piece, do you think is worth to use it with this build? if yes, would you change something in the skill tree? I think I can go more defensive due to the dmg that i will have and because I have to drop my shield. What do you think?^^

edit: now up to 730 dps without the staff, and 840 with it.(lvl 55)
IGN: Mad_Brululul
Last edited by valerio07 on Aug 29, 2014, 9:41:41 PM
Thank you very much for sharing this guide.
I've just beat second act on Cruel in Beyond League.
That's my first HC character.

ACT 1
Level 45
1490HP, 41/41/75 Resists, and I had Saphire Flask for the fight.
Tooltip dps is 263,9.
Gear:
Spoiler

ACT 2
Level 48
1626HP, 71/71/75 Resists,
Tooltip dps is 346,1
Current gear:
Spoiler

Cheers.
Last edited by Reaveler on Aug 30, 2014, 4:01:48 PM

Report Forum Post