[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

"
roosendaal85 wrote:
"
GoranH wrote:

"
roosendaal85 wrote:
Just killed Shock & Horror for the first time ever, i never could beat that bastard, feels good man :D

Really enjoying the build. :)

What? Shock and Horror? The map boss with crazy lightning dmg and totems? Torture chamber boss, that's amazing if so! It's an extremely tough map boss.

I was suprised myself, normally i wouldnt ever care to bother fighting him but i'm playing ambush so nothing to lose.

The stategy i used was to lightning warp close to him, then spam totems and fire traps while walking in circles around him, while doing that trying to dodge his totems. Basicly u just need to ignore his totems and only target the boss.

Well I got like 7-8 different chars that are map viable, but I have only 1 main... lvl 89 shadow that was nerfed to non-existance with 1.1.0, CI VP GR crit dagger shadow. And I remember myself avoiding that boss like plague in parties. Never tried it with a life build, in CI case I get shocked fast, and shock stays for hella lot... and didn't have spellblock.

But it's really great to hear that this build can take on tough boss like that, for me he was in top 3 alongside piety and dom. (Haven't tested Atziri, nor can now with crazy VP nerf like it was).

Either way... kudos! It's a feat. :)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
More effective Option 1 (110 points):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAuMEswVbB2MI9BDMFE0WbxmFGjgabBzcHpQfAiQ8JKomlSepKPopTyoTK7YsnCynLR8tRzGINsU26UGHRKtFnUbXSRtJUUmyUEJVS1WuVcZXK1nzWitabV3GXl1gbWvbbRlzU3kDeqp7IH5Zf8aCHoKbgseDOIdliPGLjIw2jEaPRo-mkFWTJ5rgnC2dgJ2uogCio6PypwinXKeEp5SsP6-3tQS3PriTwBrAVMHzwxPGrs9l0NDR_dgk2t3bC9xX3fPhc-Nq5CLr7uw47SDwH_F28934k_no_gr-hw==

2x12% hp instead of 3x8%. And getting more mana regen.
"
z3tsu wrote:
More effective Option 1 (110 points):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAuMEswVbB2MI9BDMFE0WbxmFGjgabBzcHpQfAiQ8JKomlSepKPopTyoTK7YsnCynLR8tRzGINsU26UGHRKtFnUbXSRtJUUmyUEJVS1WuVcZXK1nzWitabV3GXl1gbWvbbRlzU3kDeqp7IH5Zf8aCHoKbgseDOIdliPGLjIw2jEaPRo-mkFWTJ5rgnC2dgJ2uogCio6PypwinXKeEp5SsP6-3tQS3PriTwBrAVMHzwxPGrs9l0NDR_dgk2t3bC9xX3fPhc-Nq5CLr7uw47SDwH_F28934k_no_gr-hw==

2x12% hp instead of 3x8%. And getting more mana regen.

Noted! Cheers. ;)

EDIT: Clearly rushed, as I oversaw (if that's a word) the 20% mana regen there, additional regen is always good.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 19, 2014, 6:40:28 AM
Hi, im back, made another char (after dying to Coniraya the pirate with SA/ROA at lvl 40 ), now im lvl 59 and about to finish act2 merciless. id like to show my gear but i dont know how lol.
just wanted to know when should i start using arctic armour (i find it very good but i dunno to what lvl should i raise it to see the difference).
everything hurts like hell now, ill try to get more armor since all my res are almost capped (using purity of elements+clarity).
how good are the sceptres/wands with +1/+2 lvl to gems?

thanks for the guide and sry, my english sucks lol
So I had totally forgotten about AA, I got the gem and specced into EB and now my survivability is just fine. The only reason i'm a bit weaker then I could be, is because im running magic find. I'm still standing strong with my Ambush Templar, currently lvl 77 been following guide more or less all the time, i'm loving the build still, and its nice and easy to run with Magic Find which i like. Trying hard to get a 5-link but for the moment 4-link is enough even though one of the gem is IIR.

Gear atm:

I know the stats suck but magic find is awesome and everything is self-found except the wand, so cost me nothing and i'm finding lots of good stuffs

2900 Dps per totem with rarity gem, 3200 with faster casting. Cant wait for my 5L. Cya in a few lvls :-)

edit: 10 mins after this post i got a strongbox with fully linked items and this dropped rofl
IGN: Bond_SearBond
Last edited by strongbong on Mar 19, 2014, 10:41:05 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsMfRB_EMwRlhRNGYUZiho4GmwajxzcHaoelCSqKPopTyoTK7Yspy2DL2826TyOQYdFnUZxRtdKxFXGVi1XyVnzWitdxmBtb55wu3KpeGl6qn_Ggh6Cm4LHgwmDOIuMjEaPRpBVkyeXBprgm7WdgJ2uogCio6PypwinhKeUrD-sf6yqtAy1BLc-uJO748AawfPDOsSixp7GrspKz2XQ0NH92RPbC9xX3fPhc-GI42rkIuoY6rrr7uw47SDz3fau9tr3MviT-Ov56PsJ_ro=

this is my tree what you think ?
"
mauri7op wrote:

just wanted to know when should i start using arctic armour (i find it very good but i dunno to what lvl should i raise it to see the difference).
everything hurts like hell now, ill try to get more armor since all my res are almost capped (using purity of elements+clarity).
how good are the sceptres/wands with +1/+2 lvl to gems?

I started using AA when I hit A3 cruel.
I had EB, Disc, a lvl 10 Clarity and a lvl 5 AA. I kept lvling Clarity and AA as more mana became available.
You should lvl it just enough to have it on all the time and still have mana to cast totems.
Now that I think about it, I should have started using it before I left for Vall. Those devourers in Riverways and Caverns really hurt sometimes.

"
Kentine25 wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsMfRB_EMwRlhRNGYUZiho4GmwajxzcHaoelCSqKPopTyoTK7Yspy2DL2826TyOQYdFnUZxRtdKxFXGVi1XyVnzWitdxmBtb55wu3KpeGl6qn_Ggh6Cm4LHgwmDOIuMjEaPRpBVkyeXBprgm7WdgJ2uogCio6PypwinhKeUrD-sf6yqtAy1BLc-uJO748AawfPDOsSixp7GrspKz2XQ0NH92RPbC9xX3fPhc-GI42rkIuoY6rrr7uw47SDz3fau9tr3MviT-Ov56PsJ_ro=

this is my tree what you think ?

Why so many aura nodes? What auras do you plan on using?
Going all the way to Heart of Oak seems like a waste of points to me.
You should never get stunned locked, just stay back and let your totems do the job.
I would get more hp/dmg nodes.

On a different note, I went for Piety and archive quest last night to get my CwDT gem.
My totems where really squishy, especially versus spells.
I'm thinking of going for Ironwood.
What do you guys think, worth the points?
Small optional addition to this build that I found useful is trap+vaal fireball combo

This is a great combo for clearing packs of blues and can take down a big chunk of a bosses HP if placed correctly

also adding to my previous post:

This claw makes my totems virtually indestructible in large groups of enemies, +8 loh might not sound like a lot but when you consider the cast rate of the totems compounded with LMP or better yet GMP, the leech becomes very significant.
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Level 47 into the build, it's very hard for me to keep my totems alive. Is there maybe some kind of item that helps with that? :(
sounds fun, will try it out when i get the chance.
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info