[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

Hey Goran.

Thank you for the amazing build, it was one of the most fun I've had in a long time in this game. Ripped to the RoA/Split/Puncture boss in Merc A1 a few hours ago at level 59, gutting feeling since I was actually looking forward to running maps with the guy.

Not sure if I'll run the spec again, maybe in Ambush, but it has all the makings of an amazing spec that will carry itself down into endgame
Crawling through the Leagues, as usual.
"
Slugmed wrote:
Have you given any thought to how this build would work with the Three Dragons helm? It seems well suited to this build. I know the idea of this build is to be viable off of found gear, but if you could get your hands on this, the shock stacks could make it even more effective.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Three_Dragons

It would work nicely, for regular packs... it'd bring clear speed, for bosses/invaders dmg is too little to shock. El. res is great, but I prefer a helm with high life still atm. :) For softcore, it's pretty sweet to try out. If I get my hands on it, will test it, and static blows (never had build that utilised static blows so don't know much about it), but it might work out fine.

"
Tessae wrote:
Hey Goran.

Thank you for the amazing build, it was one of the most fun I've had in a long time in this game. Ripped to the RoA/Split/Puncture boss in Merc A1 a few hours ago at level 59, gutting feeling since I was actually looking forward to running maps with the guy.

Not sure if I'll run the spec again, maybe in Ambush, but it has all the makings of an amazing spec that will carry itself down into endgame

Oh, rip! I feel for you... Well what kept me going was finishing this guide, and farming end-game with this char (It was meant for easy new league start and MF'ing). Hope you try invasion again, as it's really heart pounding experience (though I still feel, some of the invaders are too OP still)...

But, being that I watched today bunch of invasion rip videos (half of which were by Colbycheeze) I intend to spent here bit more time to optimize it, and eventually make a video (even if I rip) on how to push survivability as much as I can, as I still believe dammage is very good, even if I'm only at 1.1k atm. And a fellow player on Invasion has his GMP (compared to my LMP) setup at beastly 2k, similar levels. :)

In the end, thanks for kind words, it really means a lot that people are enjoying the build. And if there's something you felt was wrong, a weakpoint on which one could improve on, say so.

Regards, and keep having fun!
GoranH.

P.S. Regardless of the build, if you decide to try out invasion again, feel free anytime to chat/farm etc. when I'm online, I'm up for it. :)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
On to do list:

-Test following support gems: Knockback, Blind, Inc. AoE.
-Test for optimal CWDT Setup: atm runnning CWDT lvl 3 and Enduring Cry (6), Immortal Call (lvl 5 I think)
- Test frostwall combos (sounds meh), and summon skeletons as meatshields.

Initial thoughts are that blind will be a lovely addition.
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
why didn't you get sovereignty at the top left corner the 60% mana reservation like discipline aand using eldrich battery with reduced mana with Q , atleast 35% mana reservation is achievable
"
Kentine25 wrote:
why didn't you get sovereignty at the top left corner the 60% mana reservation like discipline aand using eldrich battery with reduced mana with Q , atleast 35% mana reservation is achievable

Because mana pool isn't a problem. :)
damn dude, ripped at lvl 45, one shotted by some flameblast monster ^^ 1,6k HP and 60% fire resistance though :(
I just reached level 61 so here some infos and tips from me for this awesome guide:

Currently at: Act 2 Merciless

Life: 3084
Mana: 768
Level: 61

Resistance: LOW! I need to fix this asap:

Fire Resi: 77%
Cold Resi: 77%
Lightning Resi: 66%
Chaos: -41%

Armour: 559 (sooo low!)

Gear:

Spoiler

Also i just dropped this awesome weapon!

Spoiler

DPS on Searing Bond: http://i.imgur.com/tWywxP6.jpg
DPS on Flame Totem: http://i.imgur.com/c8CAbbM.jpg

Running Auras: Purity of Elements & Clarity

Mana issues? Nope.

How do i handle Vaal Bosses? -

Here is a good tip: Try to get Vaal Summon Skeleton combine it with Chance to Ignite and Area of Effect. Stack the souls and when you meet the Vaal Boss Cast Vaal Summon Skeleton and throw 2 totems into the whole thing. STAY BACK! And wait. Usually they will go down if not repeatly cast Totems BUT hold distance! Remember they have unique casts and sometimes it's just smarter to run away if you can't kill them / too high risk! But Vaal Summon Skeleton helped me alot! I told my friends and they are also pretty suprised how good this gem is and how well it works with totem.

General tips?

In dungeons thats where your build shines. Throw over walls totems stay always back and wait until your totems are not attacking anymore. Always keep a look at the top left side of the screen to see the health of your totems. IF they go low go forward cast totem and immediatly stay a little bit back.

I am going to look now which way i have to go on the skill tree. I have enough DPS in my opinion at the moment so i am going for Body and Soul maybe.

Again thanks for this build this is the first time i come so far and appreciate your in-deap guide!

Sry for my bad english!

Sincerely

Dave
~ yo
Last edited by davewoody on Mar 18, 2014, 11:39:52 AM
"
davewoody wrote:
I just reached level 61 so here some infos and tips from me for this awesome guide:

Sincerely

Dave

Thanks for sharing Dave.

Will add Vaal's summon skellies to the list of test gems (with chance to ignire/inc. AoE).

And in general I should make a vid soon about the build, as general good thing about totems... is they are for testing ground (only thing that I believe can't be tested are devourers). You can always do what I like to call "totem walk" if you want to be extra careful. And if something demolishes your totems in a split second (assume it's not thorns), you either be extra careful, or if you recognise the sound/look of attack it may be your que to "run forest, run!".

Again thanks for feedback, glad you're having fun.
GoranH.

P.S. Your HP pool and all

"
korzasa wrote:
damn dude, ripped at lvl 45, one shotted by some flameblast monster ^^ 1,6k HP and 60% fire resistance though :(

Many complained about flameblast invader, anyone know the name or how he/she looks? As flameblast is still op when in hand of a monster.
@korzasa Sorry to hear that dude, I still firmly believe that some invader bosses are overtuned, there are still off-screen rips, and 1-shot mechanics that leave you unable to react/counter it with anything, and they still don't give you enough time to recognize and learn about the threat, which I think is bad. I'm kinda pausing my guy for a moment till they hopefully fix that.

HC Leagues are "Path of Life Nodes" for Invasion it's just that... grab life nodes, I hate that, when game forces me to take all life nodes I can get (stupid nerfed Scion wheel) just to have a bigger chance to deal with spike dmg. Even max block/spellblock builds, super high armour builds can get 1-shotted to grave in this league. Well for one it is really HC, as a bragging right.

Regards and take care,
GoranH.
Thank you for this wonderful guide. Its very clear and well written and extremely helpful for a new player like me. Following it in Ambush currently......wish I could use it for my standard marauder but the starting area seems like it wouldn't be wise. One thought I have (possibly just an oversight) is why we wouldn't invest in shamastic Fury? From what I can understand Totem damage is best when used with the added chaos damage gem. Thank you again for all your hard work.
Hey GoranH, like davewoody said, I can attest to the fact Vaal Summon Skeletons is a very helpful skill with hard champions. I am eager to link it up with support gems. I will report back when I have some more feedback.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info