[1.2.0] Rampage/Beyond - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / hc tested)

Just killed Shock & Horror for the first time ever, i never could beat that bastard, feels good man :D

Really enjoying the build. :)
IGN: xmicsonx

[Ambush] 8x Flametotem Firetrapping Cursing Templar

Hey GoranH

Thank you for a well written and awesome guide.
This is my first time playing a totem build and your guide has helped me a lot.

My first Templar made it to lvl 60 in marketplace merciless. No farming, I just pushed content and killed almost all the invading bosses I came across. My build was similar to yours.
I finally riped to the black spider in A3 merc. I got sloppy and stopped kitting properly.
She flicker striked me to death in an instant.

I'm now at the end of A3 cruel, only Dominus left.
Went for EB as soon as I hit A3. It is definitely better for survival.

The Flameblast boss is a totem, M'gaska, the Living Pyre. I encountered it 2 times in Ledge merc while farming on an other toon.
First time both me and my friend got hit by the flameblast. I couldn't out run it, with my Quicksilver flask. My friend got ignited and logged out in time, with less then 100 HP.
We never saw the boss on screen.
The second time I ran to see who is spamming flamebast, saw the totem and logged out as a flamebast was already forming under me.
"
Townnoob23 wrote:
Thank you for this wonderful guide. Its very clear and well written and extremely helpful for a new player like me. Following it in Ambush currently......wish I could use it for my standard marauder but the starting area seems like it wouldn't be wise. One thought I have (possibly just an oversight) is why we wouldn't invest in shamastic Fury? From what I can understand Totem damage is best when used with the added chaos damage gem. Thank you again for all your hard work.

Shamanistic fury is great, I'm not sure if I had taken it in the final version of the build (with 110 points), but you should get it, good dmg.

Why I haven't taken it so far, and in my invasion playtrough is for me dammage is good enough, hence why I skipped all totem dmg nodes, fire dmg nodes, and spell dmg/cast speed left at witch tree. :)

"
Tynie wrote:
Hey GoranH, like davewoody said, I can attest to the fact Vaal Summon Skeletons is a very helpful skill with hard champions. I am eager to link it up with support gems. I will report back when I have some more feedback.

If by any chance you have it, with some decent links... when we're both online if you could borrow it to me for few mins for testing, I'd appreciate it, to reduce the "wait" period. Same goes for any of the gems above, as I don't have any of 'em yet. Might get for alch each... but kinda low on funds still. :)

"
roosendaal85 wrote:
Just killed Shock & Horror for the first time ever, i never could beat that bastard, feels good man :D

What? Shock and Horror? The map boss with crazy lightning dmg and totems? Torture chamber boss, that's amazing if so! It's an extremely tough map boss.

"
B0omer wrote:
Hey GoranH

Thank you for a well written and awesome guide.
This is my first time playing a totem build and your guide has helped me a lot.

Thanks for the invader, noted it under tough invaders section. I've beaten it in normal or beggining of cruel and haven't encountered him/her since, but heard flameblast does crazy dmg.

And about off-screen kills, or 1-shots in general... I'm atm pausing leveling, as I feel it's unfair, the ballance of some invaders, and that they aren't distinctive enough, and some don't give you time to recognize/prepare, just hit super hard and scare the crap out of you.

Log-out skillz should not be a factor, they should make bosses strategically tough to fight, not just focus on spike dmg. Desync doesn't help. And I really don't like the focus on life-nodes that hc leagues have, I mean having a healthy ammount is good, but having to go out of your way to grab every life node you can, sacrificing often everything else for it... isn't fun at all. What I'm to do if it continues like this... take up really boring builds. Most "interesting" build I could think of that's a Health meatshield, is either an Aegis Aurora CI build with gg ES items, or a summoner with Cloak of defiance, EB/AA and as many helath for him and minions, and getting undying evangelist, both requiring 0 skills to actually play. :p
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
GoranH, hit me up next time you see me online. I don't have any support gems for vaal summons yet, but you are more than welcome to borrow it.
Going away on a trip till monday I believe, so... there's that. Post freely, and when I'm back I'll answer as many questions as I can, or some fellow player from the thread could do the same. :)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
I stumbled across a useful leveling item for this build

Cast speed + nice spell damage bonus based on block and the kicker is, LOH for your totems, which adds a nice bit of survivability, especially vs groups

The cheapest ones are currently 3c
IGN: HarroHarbinger
"
Catharsis wrote:

Cast speed + nice spell damage bonus based on block and the kicker is, LOH for your totems, which adds a nice bit of survivability, especially vs groups

Cybils looks great, for every encounter other that things that 1-shot your totems... looks super useful. :) Will get it to test, and make a section in the guide for useful uniques if you have currency. Cheers.

P.S. Shame it doesn't have res on it. XD

EDIT: Cheapest ones in invasion are 6c (xyz), and in ambush as low as 3c.

EDIT2: Can anyone confirm it works with totems? I know it's good for the likes of incinerate builds, but on item says "your attacks", and since technically speaking you can't attack....
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 19, 2014, 4:47:26 AM
"
GoranH wrote:
"
Catharsis wrote:

Cybils looks great, for every encounter other that things that 1-shot your totems... looks super useful. :) Will get it to test, and make a section in the guide for useful uniques if you have currency. Cheers.

EDIT2: Can anyone confirm it works with totems? I know it's good for the likes of incinerate builds, but on item says "your attacks", and since technically speaking you can't attack....

My bad I forgot this is an invasion guide

I tested the LOH and it works with totems (the +8 from spells, not the +15 from attacks)
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Mar 19, 2014, 5:33:10 AM
"
Catharsis wrote:
"
GoranH wrote:
"
Catharsis wrote:

My bad I forgot this is an invasion guide

I tested the LOH and it works with totems (the +8 from spells, not the +15 from attacks)

Nah it's all fine... Guide works for both invasion/ambush/standard/hardcore... but is mainly invasion focused, as said. Difference between? Invasion guys should stack more life, ambush guys can have more fun melting stuff faster. :D

Now onto +8, hmm... yes, for leveling that sounds great, as totems attack fast. It's like additional regen. :)
Last edited by GoranH on Mar 19, 2014, 5:42:08 AM
"
GoranH wrote:

"
roosendaal85 wrote:

What? Shock and Horror? The map boss with crazy lightning dmg and totems? Torture chamber boss, that's amazing if so! It's an extremely tough map boss.

I was suprised myself, normally i wouldnt ever care to bother fighting him but i'm playing ambush so nothing to lose.

The stategy i used was to lightning warp close to him, then spam totems and fire traps while walking in circles around him, while doing that trying to dodge his totems. Basicly u just need to ignore his totems and only target the boss.
IGN: xmicsonx

[Ambush] 8x Flametotem Firetrapping Cursing Templar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info