Double Strike and Spectral Throw- Easy Peasy; NO GG Gear required (updated for Rampage)

"
Butchery is an awesome node!!! However, its slightly away from things- slightly. At this point in my build, 85, I'm looking for as much defence as I can as I am preparing to go for Atziri and this will be difficult with no spell block lol. I have the damage but I need 5K life (personal preference) and I have a passive I am contemplating in taking when I level-"Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction". Means I wont get pummelled by critical strikes. By level 87, my Mara should be ready to go. If you want a really close passive to give you tons of damage, I'd take the "Melee Damage" %15 node at the very beginning of the Mara start- no strength but cost 1 passive to get there and it's only missing the strength bonus and %5.

Mings Heart- If you can get by without the other resistances and reduction of life, then do er up but having that plus a carnage is going to ruin you :p You're going to need so much life and attributes on stuff.. might cost you a bit BUT that damage modifier is extremely tempting, eh? If I would have had a Ming at the beginning of my build, I might have been able to work my gear around it; see if a Carnage would work with it... man tho, 40 life reduction seems extremely harsh! haha

Hm.. i've decided to drop butchery and got the duelist melee damage and the mara's starter as well. Ah , crit multiplier reduction may come in useful just in case RNG wants to ruin ur day :D
Nice , will wanna try atziri as well , with this build.. hope it isnt too tough without spell block.
True... sicne i dont got a shield , 40% life reduction is gonna be pretty harsh , unless i go t some serious GG gear. guess im gonna put that far behind my to do list.
anyway i've got my devoto's :D mercury footprints and brightbeak + pris eclipse + leap slam is fun as hell
IGN: IKryal
That is a lovely setup!!! Devoto kin!!!! How's the Armour/Ev roll? Over 80? I divined 6 times to get mine to 90 lol; don't care bout dex or chaos but they are awesome additions.

Can you add a spoiler with your gear? I just wanna see what you're up to!!

edit: Leap Slam is probably the best skill in the game, imo. You can stun, kill, get endurance charges AND get around mad fast; I reallllly contemplated speccing out of ST and making LS my AOE lol.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Apr 23, 2014, 1:28:25 PM
Spoiler

planning to change my pris ring and gloves.
should i go for lower attack speed gloves but with added physical or just pure 10%+ attack speed?
Also planning to change meginords to a rustic with life and some res. :p
Tried fusing my mallet , went back to the same links. :|
Last edited by Randomed on Apr 24, 2014, 6:45:28 AM
I've changed my gloves so many times lol. Started with Slithers, then found a pair with 16 attack and some other awesome offensive stats but then realized I wanted more mana leech so I changed up again. I keep changing my gear as I find ways to improve my build. I've spent lots and lots of chaos on buying gear and crafting gear. So my suggestion to you is, find everything you want then experiment. I've designed my gear and passives so that I have JUST enough resists. No need to overcap everything- that is just silly and a waste of offensive stats. So belt, gloves and helmet for me are all interchangeable and do not require resists when trying to find a beastly part to add. Admittedly, I have a super resist belt I use for -resist maps and ele weakness.

Personally, find 10+ attack with added phys or strength- you'll be balling. Oh yes, life on them is a must as well.

Someday when I can find someone sellng an eternal for a normal price, I'll ET/EX these gloves for added phys and dexterity.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
i see, am still looking for gloves with aspeed and decent life and Mana leech.
maybe i'll try taking out mana leech and putting added phys instead.
bought this to replace my gloves for now.
For belt , im doing the same as you are , i have a high duo res belt with high life in stash just in case of tough maps with lower res etc.
Trying to farm up my currency so i can get a pretty 6L armor while i try and link my hammer.
How long did u take to farm up ur gear btw , ur char seems pretty decked out.
Last edited by Randomed on Apr 24, 2014, 12:58:24 PM
Spoiler

Astral I found around level 65 and just kept throwing scours, alcs and chaos at it until I got its current rolls. (bout 4 ex worth of orbs to get to where it currently is)

Bought this mallet from my roomate for 1 ex, a mid range 5L and 8 chaos. It didn't have a single link on it. This happened around level 75. (bout 3 ex worth of orbs to get to where it currently is)

Devotos I paid 4 pure ex, a bunch of chisels and CWDT/GMP gems lol; 11 chaos too, I think. Level 81

Gloves cost 21 chaos I think, got around level 84 but there were several others before them.

Boots from stash from lvl 60ish.

Belt from stash from day lvl 45.

Carnage cost me 1 ex on second day of league- now only 15C or less :p

Doom Knot from stash from day 2.

Empyrean cost 12 chaos.

I have found some pretty nice items and have sold them for a few ex so that has helped. I do up the chaos recipe on all my dom runs- can make lots of chaos that way.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Apr 24, 2014, 2:31:28 PM
Got stream up and going; no mic or cam tho so I will have to work on that. Progress!
POE is life. POE is ♥.
nice , u didnt even exalt ur armor?
dropped by ur stream , huge map pool u have there.
"
Randomed wrote:
nice , u didnt even exalt ur armor?
dropped by ur stream , huge map pool u have there.

No ex'ing. It was too low level to exalt, imo. I think a level 62 chest? I got the current rolls on chaos roll 6.

Yea, I'm trying to farm for 75+ maps but RNG isn't going so well :p

Also, I am grabbing a mic tonight ;)
POE is life. POE is ♥.
damn... got some really nice rolls.
:p u could always buy them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info