Double Strike and Spectral Throw- Easy Peasy; NO GG Gear required (updated for Rampage)

Ya know, I get asked this alllll the time. For a Mara, you are naturally a dumbass. You hit hard and are sorta agile but certainly no scientist. So that I can use certain gear and get some mana, a good rolled carnage is going to be cheap and extremely beneficial- the leech makes it all worth it. When you factor in that I have essentially 50 strength added in attributes, that equates to 25 additional maximum life. SO I am losing 25 percent BUT it added life with it.. also factor in the resists and to me, this is an extremely useful amulet. Also, you cannot get more than 6 leech on a rare amulet :p I am tanking on leech so the more, the merrier. I've also taken a lot of life nodes to help compensate and I've geared myself to have lots of life on everything- so I guess if the gear you have can compensate ie. like Lightning coil and the -lightning resist.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Apr 16, 2014, 4:59:01 PM
hm i see.
i guess i'll grab carnage heart as one of the last gear then.
gotta see if my is enough to check out.
btw , any gameplay vids soon? :p
IGN: IKryal
Last edited by Randomed on Apr 16, 2014, 9:57:00 PM
How do you handle your mana when you have 71% mana reserved (60% aura and 40% aura) ? It seems like your mana pool would only be enough to cast 2 6-linked skills before running oom?
I only run 1 aura at a time. Maps 74+, I wear grace. 73 and under, hatred all the way. I am too dumb to run 2 UNLESS I run blood magic on my skills but then I lose DPS so I do not do this regularly but I am leveling a blood magic gem , jic.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Apr 17, 2014, 4:57:59 PM
Doing really well with this build.
solo-ed merc dom at lvl 62 :p
anyway , i've transitioned from heavy strike to Double strike. ( knockback is annoying as hell)
noticed that dex will prove to be a problem to get to lvl 20 , maybe if i get a devoto's , but that's still pretty far.
Should i pick up +30 dex nodes or grab + all attribute rings? they seem expensive in ambush.
"
Randomed wrote:
anyway , i've transitioned from heavy strike to Double strike. ( knockback is annoying as hell) noticed that dex will prove to be a problem to get to lvl 20 , maybe if i get a devoto's , but that's still pretty far.
Should I pick up +30 dex nodes or grab + all attribute rings? they seem expensive in ambush.

This is great! Yea, I was doing 68 maps at 62; this build has excellent life-dps synergy which you need for Dom.

What I like to do is have a plan- I have laid out a plan for you already SO you build on what you need now. If there is a quick dex node nearby, take it over a DPS node (life is required for a bit now in your passives). When you find gear that will add dex back, then regret out of the dex passive and put it back where you want it to go.. this is why there are regrets in the first place :p

I did some nodes for intelligence for a few levels then got some more attributes and specced out. I do recommend that you get attributes added on all your jewelery because it's going to help you with gear upgrades and their requirements AND you gain life, strength, mana, intelligence, evasion AND dexterity in 1 roll. Honestly, save up your coin for good rings when you can afford them. I keep swapping and tweaking my equipment but I have a solid base (Have divined my Devotos 6 times...I want a roll higher than 80 *grrr* and most current divine made it have shittiest roll yet). . I've also opted for a Devoto's because my Astral has low armour and I really needed to mitigate phys damage- it's still incredible BUT it can be better.

Curious- what is your weapon?
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Apr 17, 2014, 5:01:31 PM
"
"
Randomed wrote:
anyway , i've transitioned from heavy strike to Double strike. ( knockback is annoying as hell) noticed that dex will prove to be a problem to get to lvl 20 , maybe if i get a devoto's , but that's still pretty far.
Should I pick up +30 dex nodes or grab + all attribute rings? they seem expensive in ambush.

This is great! Yea, I was doing 68 maps at 62; this build has excellent life-dps synergy which you need for Dom.

What I like to do is have a plan- I have laid out a plan for you already SO you build on what you need now. If there is a quick dex node nearby, take it over a DPS node (life is required for a bit now in your passives). When you find gear that will add dex back, then regret out of the dex passive and put it back where you want it to go.. this is why there are regrets in the first place :p

I did some nodes for intelligence for a few levels then got some more attributes and specced out. I do recommend that you get attributes added on all your jewelery because it's going to help you with gear upgrades and their requirements AND you gain life, strength, mana, intelligence, evasion AND dexterity in 1 roll. Honestly, save up your coin for good rings when you can afford them. I keep swapping and tweaking my equipment but I have a solid base (Have divined my Devotos 6 times...I want a roll higher than 80 *grrr* and most current divine made it have shittiest roll yet). . I've also opted for a Devoto's because my Astral has low armour and I really needed to mitigate phys damage- it's still incredible BUT it can be better.

Curious- what is your weapon?

I see most of your resists come from your rings as well. Gotta start saving up then.
this.
im trying to 5L it first before i replace my armor for a 6L one , once i can afford it.
but rings with attribute first i guess.
im trying this build on ground slam though.
Your gear is great, man! Those DPS :D

Managed to 6S and 6L my weapon. Good day for this chick. Chromed 4 off colors in about 150 chromes.

POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Apr 17, 2014, 11:25:34 PM
Anybody got a custom skill tree to share? I want to see other possibilities, before swap build for my marauder buddy.
"
Your gear is great, man! Those DPS :D

Managed to 6S and 6L my weapon. Good day for this chick. Chromed 4 off colors in about 150 chromes.

nice , dat luck.
im still trying to 5L mine though.
hopefully i can get a cheap devoto's then i dont have to worry about dex anymore :p
Hm , I'm comparing groundslam to spec throw atm.
Spec throw seems to be a tough choice cus of it's colors. having to roll so many off colors seems tough , i dont know if the damage is worth it or not , compared to ground slam.
Any advice regarding ST vs GS?
Last edited by Randomed on Apr 18, 2014, 2:06:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info