Double Strike and Spectral Throw- Easy Peasy; NO GG Gear required (updated for Rampage)

Both are so very, very different but AOE nonetheless. Spectral Throw is slightly harder to prep for due to the weapons we are using; they like the red and blue a lot more so going for hybrid armour will make life a lot easier to chrome for ST; save DS or GS for your weapon to color as it will be mostly red gems required.

Spectral throw will only be good with this build if there is lots of strength due to the Iron Grip keystone; I didn't take any projectile nodes in the tree. The AOE effect of this skill is amazing. For example, with my current setup, I am getting just over 5K dps. This doesn't sound like much but if you take into account that each disk returns and re-hits enemies; spam it 3 times and you can take out many things. I chose ST due to its ability to clear things fast and it really does. I have a technique where I spam ST then DS whatever is next to me while waiting for the ST to return; it just synergizes so well with DS.

Note: Almost no quality on ST setup; adding quality on LMP will add a ton of DPS due to the quality adding attack speed- I expect DPS around 7K with hatred when gems are all levelled and qualitied.

As I suspected, by adding some GCPs to some vital gems, I got the dps around 7K sitting in Sarn. Full party last night- 11K dps Spectral throw- I've never gotten that dps before.. that is essentially 22K ;) Pretty great for AOE.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Apr 22, 2014, 8:11:38 AM
I see , and ST feels safer as well.
multistrike with GS feels rather clunky now , cus im stuck at repeating the skill two more times.
Guess i'll try out ST soon.
I see you're using the magnate if there's no res problems , have u tried Meginord's?
IGN: IKryal
Last edited by Randomed on Apr 19, 2014, 6:29:53 AM
"
Randomed wrote:
I see , and ST feels safer as well.
multistrike with GS feels rather clunky now , cus im stuck at repeating the skill two more times.
Guess i'll try out ST soon.
I see you're using the magnate if there's no res problems , have u tried Meginord's?

More DPS from Magnate; it's almost a perfect roll as well. The added strength is awesome for my ST Iron Grip passive.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
hmm yeah. Magnate should provide more dps in end game.
anyway , any gameplay vids soon? Wanna see how this build works in higher levels :p
Hey iswirl, i need your hlp, im levealing with your guide, but i dont know where go in the trees passive first :( can you help me?

Ing:Mutilati
IGN:ZorryFlurry
Great build, at lvl 51 6620 DPS with double strike (with a 5L) haha <3
But.. im now using yet cast when damage taken, How do you use it? you jump to gain endurance charges and later Cast when damage takemn use it for Immortal call?
Why use added fire damage to leap slam? Thanks
IGN:ZorryFlurry
"
k3nz0ry wrote:
Great build, at lvl 51 6620 DPS with double strike (with a 5L) haha <3
But.. im now using yet cast when damage taken, How do you use it? you jump to gain endurance charges and later Cast when damage takemn use it for Immortal call?
Why use added fire damage to leap slam? Thanks

Kudos on the great DPS :)

Have you been using Spectral Throw as well?

Added fire adds damage; might as well add some damage if you're going to stomp all over Monster faces :D When you combine with hatred, you get even more damage so that is why I added it- when I stop being lazy, I'll 4L my gloves and add faster attacks (which I should have done long ago) cause being even faster is better- adds DPS too.

So endurance on melee stun- you will bounce around and you'll get your endurance charges so that is good. Then, depending on what order you have them linked, should you get damaged while you have these endurance charges, you'll get the "immortal" buff for the amount of time each endurance charge is expended.

So bounce, then hit and if you get hurt, things go off.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
Randomed wrote:
anyway , any gameplay vids soon? Wanna see how this build works in higher levels :p

So ive been asking my guild about streaming- I def have the network available so I just gotta figure out how to do it. Been playing 75+ maps exclusively for a while so that will help. The guys all suggested that I do it with a low cut shirt for added flare- boys these days..

Point being, I'm looking into streaming.. just for you. Well for everyone but you asked :p
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
"
Randomed wrote:

So ive been asking my guild about streaming- I def have the network available so I just gotta figure out how to do it. Been playing 75+ maps exclusively for a while so that will help. The guys all suggested that I do it with a low cut shirt for added flare- boys these days..

Point being, I'm looking into streaming.. just for you. Well for everyone but you asked :p

Hehe I wouldn't mind.
Would really appreciate it if u did.
anyway , do u plan to go for butchery? (20% inc phys dmg with 2 h and + 20 str)
And also , u think it's a good idea to add ming's heart into the build? May take down its health by quite alot.
Working on getting my devoto's :D
Last edited by Randomed on Apr 23, 2014, 11:01:25 AM
"
Randomed wrote:
"
"
Randomed wrote:

Hehe I wouldn't mind.
Would really appreciate it if u did.
anyway , do u plan to go for butchery? (20% inc phys dmg with 2 h and + 20 str)
And also , u think it's a good idea to add ming's heart into the build? May take down its health by quite alot.

Butchery is an awesome node!!! However, its slightly away from things- slightly. At this point in my build, 85, I'm looking for as much defence as I can as I am preparing to go for Atziri and this will be difficult with no spell block lol. I have the damage but I need 5K life (personal preference) and I have a passive I am contemplating in taking when I level-"Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction". Means I wont get pummelled by critical strikes. By level 87, my Mara should be ready to go. If you want a really close passive to give you tons of damage, I'd take the "Melee Damage" %15 node at the very beginning of the Mara start- no strength but cost 1 passive to get there and it's only missing the strength bonus and %5.

Mings Heart- If you can get by without the other resistances and reduction of life, then do er up but having that plus a carnage is going to ruin you :p You're going to need so much life and attributes on stuff.. might cost you a bit BUT that damage modifier is extremely tempting, eh? If I would have had a Ming at the beginning of my build, I might have been able to work my gear around it; see if a Carnage would work with it... man tho, 40 life reduction seems extremely harsh! haha
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Apr 23, 2014, 9:56:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info