Double Strike and Spectral Throw- Easy Peasy; NO GG Gear required (updated for Rampage)

"
DuFFzbar wrote:
How do you farm on low life with this build?

Prolly she doesnt farm solo^^
Hi there, I farm solo (MOSTLY) as adding ppl to the party increases monster damage and makes me die BUT also, people do not understand the concept of farming and never let me cull and that makes me upset so it's just easier to go by myself or until I can find some reliable party members. My life goes down to 585. I primarily farm Hillock in Act 1 Merc for rares as every pass I do takes 1 minute and can fill the inventory- also fantastic for Chaos recipe. So for those alterations/chaos, I go to Hillock. I can farm the docks better than the ledge due to the Lightning totem being all lighten'ingy and my light resist is -21. I use Purity of Fire on Blood Magic to get my life down low but this also serves as fire resistance which is perfect. I use Grace on Mana to help with the punches. My DPS is high enough that I do not have any issue with the Docks; clear with my Mace and cull with my Reaper (found on a Hillock pass yesterday).

I cannot do the corrupted Zone by Hillock without bringing my life back up- I lose 100 rarity on those passes but the increase in rarity is still noticeable; found this last night in one of the Hillock corrupted Zones:

For not having those unique gold rings, I'm pretty happy with the rarity but I am, of course, going to acquire one of those rings in the long run and then I will be good to go.

THE GEAR: 258 IR- Helmet carry's ST and chest will carry DS without BM.
Spoiler
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
Hi there, I farm solo (MOSTLY) as adding ppl to the party increases monster damage and makes me die BUT also, people do not understand the concept of farming and never let me cull and that makes me upset so it's just easier to go by myself or until I can find some reliable party members. My life goes down to 585. I primarily farm Hillock in Act 1 Merc for rares as every pass I do takes 1 minute and can fill the inventory- also fantastic for Chaos recipe. So for those alterations/chaos, I go to Hillock. I can farm the docks better than the ledge due to the Lightning totem being all lighten'ingy and my light resist is -21. I use Purity of Fire on Blood Magic to get my life down low but this also serves as fire resistance which is perfect. I use Grace on Mana to help with the punches. My DPS is high enough that I do not have any issue with the Docks; clear with my Mace and cull with my Reaper (found on a Hillock pass yesterday).

I cannot do the corrupted Zone by Hillock without bringing my life back up- I lose 100 rarity on those passes but the increase in rarity is still noticeable; found this last night in one of the Hillock corrupted Zones:

For not having those unique gold rings, I'm pretty happy with the rarity but I am, of course, going to acquire one of those rings in the long run and then I will be good to go.

THE GEAR: 258 IR- Helmet carry's ST and chest will carry DS without BM.
Spoiler

I thought we were talking for maps farming,sorry my bad then^^
Hehe. Haven't tried a map- doubt I'd survive very long though :( Ranged enemies would kill me instantly.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Updated further
IGN: Infernalle
Last edited by paladinshiva on Mar 17, 2014, 10:39:48 AM
Hey Paladin;

I like IR; means I can find gear easily and not being able to evade seems fine but I need to take big hits as I am right next to everything and yea, all the good EV nodes are far away. Added in Armour nodes with the passives to bump things up. I do not think my tree is that bad- my gear is just not making it seem that good on the defence side. New leagues and all..

Def going for Unwavering Stance; I've no evasion to evade anyway (Iron Reflex)

I should have gone with axes in the beginning as I am using Reaper Pursuit for my Rarity finding and the dps from the axe nodes would fit much better than with all the current mace nodes I've chosen but I didn't know I was going to do MF until I kept finding all the gear lol.

*PS. I very much need a 6L chest :(

Thanks for your comments and the tree looks nice.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
I understand IR is looking good, when its hard to come by pure pieces
Last edited by paladinshiva on Mar 17, 2014, 10:43:10 AM
1.1 Updated, with a lot more tweaking)))

Nice build!!! I am sorry if I am seen from negative side, I think you build is very good, your gear is just not, so you did your best adapting to it!

91 Points
36% more dmg, 40 more base life, 24% les max life, 4% more aspd, 24% more AR/EVA

Go Kraityn(40 life is good but when you try to max resist its going to be a fight), skill(18%?, better of spending skill taking 12/? node or 20/20 node),skill
AR/Axe
Same 91 points(compared to OP tree)
+18% pd(20-10-12 near), 9%aspd(4-4near), -15 base max life(+15 when you take 20/20), 76% more AR, +6 All res

useful http://poebuilder.com/

BTW if you want to MF, use high dps whatev, then switch on X and cull with a lot of rarity after you get under 10% life
That way you can farm piety easy. If you insist on rings and low life cull then just jump away, put IIR on, and cull with reaper: flicker+IIR in 1 shot(and you get like 80 extra IIR from gem, plus with flicker you dont have to be right next to culling unique, u teleport) (This guy has good build btw http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/769276)
Just remember that itll take you time to put IIR on(shoes and rings)

Last edited by paladinshiva on Mar 17, 2014, 10:54:38 AM
Thanks! I needed a MF build to look at- going completely solo for this and could use some pointers. I hate going low life- hate it BUT it's a really quick way to get an instant 100 IR; I need those dang unique rings! I have not fonud an IR gem yet but I will def be using it with spectral throw.
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Yep, its fast but dangerous...
Aurseize gauntlets give you 50 IIR(they are supa cheap), Helmet about 40 IIR, You can easy get 30-40 IIR on shoes, that leaves your belt, and IIR from IIR gem(they cheap i think). Rings about 35 each, cheap, or Anduvarius 70 each.
So you dont really need wondertrap. Wondertrap is good when you have Shavs, other wise too dangerous.

What I am saying is you gotta specialize, so like when you MF use one gear and style, when you lvl/farm use different

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info