Vaal Cyclone

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This is a good Vaal skill. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. This provides a huge amount of utility by bringing every monster into a designated kill zone; your totems, traps, Righteous Fire, and other players and your party can capitalize on this to slay a lot of monsters quickly and in a surprisingly controlled fashion.

Agreed.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
takes forever to gather a charge, use it maybe 2-3 times in a map..

works ok, ive only got it linked with life leech and faster attacks and save it for big groups of mobs or ones that like to run alot

btw this would be amazing with mjolner and shocknova wouldnt it?
Last edited by DutchRudder on May 13, 2014, 3:17:20 AM
Is there any way to keep aggro on the person who casts this? Otherwise it is the fastest way to kill every in your party.
enduring cry cast on crit?
Please I beg you GGG to make the caster unable to be stunned while casting vaal cyclone.

Once in awhile, but I have noticed more recently, I will cast Vaal Cyclone and a millisecond later I stop spinning. I first thought it was a glitch, maybe I didn't cast it, but it already took the souls, and the soul counter starts again from 0.

Its annoying enough having to kill 48 enemies before using this skill, but the fact that once you use it, someone can stun you, and not only does the skill stop instantly, but the skill is put back on cooldown.

I feel that if you spend the time and effort to consciously watch the soul counter hit 48, find a group of enemies, and use vaal cyclone, the least it can do is allow the skill to run for the full duration, instead of casting and boom now ur standing still and no more cyclone.

What do you guys think? Have you had this happen?

PS : I understand Unwavering Stance would solve this issue because I wouldn't ever get stunned, but for my build to work better, I need to have the effects of blind help my evasion.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
lol this gem gets so much hate !!

I cant believe it!

i run RF and Facebreaker builds where i use this and it is amazing!

clear a massive amount of mobs in secs!!

You die?? your using it wrong!!

Best Vaal gem ingame!
Is it intended that vaal cyclone can't be supported by multistrike? I know that
cyclone can't be supported by multistrike since 1.2.0, and I thought it is because of horrible desynch with that combination of gems, but what about vaal cyclone?
Using a lightning reaver with weapon block, acrobatics/phase, and high evasion.

Linked it to elemental prolif + increased duration.

To level up this character, I've literally just farmed a big pack, ran into the center of a map and popped it. Everything is permanently shocked and frozen, hilarity then ensues.

With the
the enemies MUST one shot you, or else you are stuck at full life.
Always enjoy using this if it suits the character/map. It's pretty surprising that it's so unpopular.

I guess most people write it off as too risky but honestly once you get a feel for it, it's really quite safe. And if you like, you can just use LGoH and be functionally immune.

It also seems to completely lock down A LOT of boss abilities. I think a lot of abilities bosses uses that have movement/animations will be locked out for the duration. You can pull of some cool tactics.

But most of all it's just great fun to clear entire quarters of a map in one button.
Im using this skill to kill map bosses with Facebreaker build (torment). My supports are melee phys, added fire and conc effect. Works pretty well, except the problem that I call:

The eye of the Cyclone

Sometimes, when there are many mobs with high hp around, monsters get stuck exactly in the middle of my character taking no damage (which is pretty dangerous). This never happens when the boss is standalone or surrounded with weak mobs only. ie Dry Peninsula boss (he has Allies cannot die mod) does this every time

I wonder whether this is intended skill behavior?

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info