Vaal Cyclone

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 11:24:34 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:24:50 PM
Too many souls for activate.
It can be used only once or twice per zone.
It make them useless.
Hey ,Thanks for the update
i have a level 91 duelist on standard.
The Videos and all looked so good.
But the Vaal Cyclone is not working for me.
Why ?
Too many souls to activate and low dps.

The main problem with cyclone has always been the de-sycn and now standing at a spot and moving hardly de-syncs and is better so ,

Suggestion ( Take it or leave it ) -
1.) All would have worked if the vaal cyclone replaced the normal cyclone gem with
But when we kill enough souls , the vaal cyclone appears ( for example : like detonate mine for mines ) and then it can be used so that we dont need more slots to put the vaal cyclone with the supports, because with BOR and 1H weapons you hardly have gem slots.
2.) Spin and attack in place is great way to avoid de-sync so i would request you to also put that in normal cyclone or make a new skill gem like wind sucker/black hole ( you can reduce the area of effect if you think it will be too OP)

THANK YOU for your time.
Good Going.

BOR + Soul Taker + 1H Sword Physical dual wield build.
Cyclone(1) + Added Fire + WED + Concentrated effect in a BOR = 14k dps
Cyclone(20) + Added Fire + WED + Concentrated effect in a BOR = 22k dps
Vall Cyclone (1) + Added Fire + WED + Concentrated effect in a BOR = 3k dps
Last edited by sejwaldevansh on Mar 6, 2014, 9:26:50 AM
I love the idea behind vaal soul gems. I just don't think they're practical. The slot investment needed for something you can barely ever use and is situational just doesn't make sense. The way I THOUGHT they would work (and think they should) is have them act as a normal skill gem and if you have enough souls, you can hold down SPACEBAR to activate the Vaal version.
I agree with Flying_Toaster - that is exactly the impression I had as well. I thought I could use them as normal gems, and then unleash the "ultimate" once I'd built up enough souls. As it stands, they seem pretty pointless :(
Last edited by Halciet on Mar 6, 2014, 1:40:13 PM
BEST

SUICIDE

SKILL

EVER

No seriously.... i die every time i use it.

Imho there should be some kind of immunity during the effect, or the possibility of move around, to 'dodge' (not litterally) some attacks.

But now, every time there are more than 10-15 mobs around and i activate it, is a sure death, even spamming life pots.

PS: i haven't link it to life leech/lgoh (i will do, till now i use increase duration), but is ridiculous that a 'rare' gem must be used with other support gems to just be usefull.

EDIT: tried with life gain on hit and life leech, died anyway, in a situation where normal cyclone with only LGOH would be enough to survive.

This spell need some change, imho.
Last edited by Vashwix on Mar 6, 2014, 4:52:08 PM
Since you can't use the normal cyclone ability at all during the charge up phase, this gem is completely useless.

Build, passives, level are all irrelevant for this thing. It's completely useless.
I highly urge anyone that reads this to not use a vaal orb on a leveled cyclone gem.

I'd place the value of this gem at one scroll fragment.
Level 100 @WachaWacha
Level 97 @Witch_Watz

All level 8 masters.
It also feels like it deals 0 damage to monsters that manage to get sucked to the center. When I use it I see most of the mobs dying, but a few manage to stay alive and just displace back and forth on top of me without taking further damage and pummeling me to death.
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Mar 8, 2014, 5:29:31 AM
Anyone tried slotting it with knockback to avoid the instant death factor? I've yet to find one myself but it seems like that's the intended use, knocking enemies back far enough they can't hit while the vacuum keeps them in range to hit again.

Though with that said, might be better if that were a base part of the skill, cause from what I've read this skill will always be suicide without either lots of knockback or lots of stuns.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Mar 7, 2014, 5:13:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info