Vaal Cyclone

I love this skill, I use it at lvl 1 (since the duration doesn't seem to increase on level-up) for my RF char, so I can suck everyone in the map in my RF to melt.

Only problem i'm having with it is that when I use it in 71-75 maps with the fracture mod, the game EXPLODES and it kicks me to the main menu :|

I've lost a 75 map this way, got kicked out of the server all 6 times I used the skill and used up all the portals. And yes, I couldn't resist using it because I love it.
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
Vaal Cyclone with Lifeleech/Life gain on hit and pop Granite/Jade. I'm using this consistently in 70+ maps in Invasion and haven't died yet.
Pants of Textile
i do understand that people relying on the actual damage of the skill may feel its lack luster, i could not test this issue yet. i am playing as well as a righteous fire build, and using this skill feels like using an ultimate like in other games. but this relies on the damage of righteos fire and not of the skill its self. in regular areas, the soul count really feels too high, but in some maps i can trigger it a couple times.

edit: the fact that minions spawned by bosses dont recover souls renders the vaal gems useless. for regular usage in maps, vaal gems are just for the lulz, because they will only increase killspeed of trash, but wont be the ultimate which may change the outcome of an epic battle, or at least support it. i think this is an error of design, souls should be recharged of spawned minions in a boss fight.
since these gems did not turn out to boost tactical advantage, i understand why lots of people wont wast sockets for those gems. in fact i only use those with few of my characters where i can spare the socket.

Last edited by Pendulu on Mar 17, 2014, 10:50:32 PM
I agree with everyone else have vaal gems act as normal gems untill you have enough souls to activate the special move otherwise these gems are mostly useless. interesting and fun to play with but just not practical i really hope you guys at GGG take note and do something to make them more viable in some builds at least.
Last edited by pathex2 on Mar 19, 2014, 10:36:46 AM
It would be incredibly awkward if they acted as normal skills initially. Can you imagine how often you'd accidentally pop a Vaal skill when you're just cleaning up some leftovers? Additionally, it would create the opposite problem: what are you going to clean trash with if your Vaal Skill is charged and you don't want to waste Vaal Spark on three dudes?
I like the skill just enough to ask, can the range on vacuum be extended so i can pull mobs from 2-3 screens away? That way increasing the duration might not be that bad of an idea.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
I´m using this gem with my tank lvl 90 templar and it´s too funny. Hope that they never nerf it. Now I can use cyclone with multistrike without lose control, and seeing the mobs coming to die as in a black hole makes me laugh alone at home. I support it with life gain on hit too, and for awhile none death.
In big maps I use it 4 or 5 times, imo better vaal gem .
IGN: Fenix_de_fogo_e_gelo, Periguetescion, Ravvengar or Powerangger
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/379503
I started using vaal cyclone for my face breaker..it's surprisingly good!

I'm using it with my vaal molten shell / cyclone + LGOH + increase duration. opening boxes made more easy :D
This is a good Vaal skill. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. This provides a huge amount of utility by bringing every monster into a designated kill zone; your totems, traps, Righteous Fire, and other players and your party can capitalize on this to slay a lot of monsters quickly and in a surprisingly controlled fashion.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
i use vaal cyclone with righteous fire so i suck everything in and they all die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info