Vaal Cyclone

"
Wooser69 wrote:
Anyone tried slotting it with knockback to avoid the instant death factor?

I've test it, doesn't change so much. With knockback you hit significantly less, so many enemies stay alive. It becomes a very poor skill.
I have a cyclone build and I tested it yesterday night

This skill is just not strong enough to justify using it, at least not yet.

I can definitely use it on a lvl 67 area and still kill every non rare / non unique in the screen, but I could already do that with my normal cyclone while being safer from the rare and unique mobs.

The best way I found out of using this skill was something I saw on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpCzmn21tUM

anyway, I haven't yet found any good way of using any vaal gem to give me any kind of advantage on boss fights (I believe that vaal gems were made to nuke big bosses, not to clean random mobs - since we can only use them once or twice per map)

If anyone got a nice idea of a combo to increase my vaal cyclone damage, I'd love to hear it, but I've got no crit and I'm not a caster ._." I'm in a bad position to use cast on gems...
I' using a facebreaker so my damage is pretty high i'd guess. I'm using blood magic, multistrike and melee physical damage on it. I have tried Increased duration (with some levels and quality) and it lasted 8.4 seconds. The lack of linked life leech can get nasty some times.

When doing maps and if i pull many many mobs i just crash, so i guess this skill is meant to be used in a 1 vs 1 situation?

As for the link above, i'm pretty sure it's not meant to swap gems and still retain charges, but good to know, i'll just swap out my cyclone with this one for the duration.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
How does this work? I take it we cannot replace normal cyclone with it? That seems pretty stupid then, since I don't have enough slots to support it properly.

Why is there a duration on this gem? Is it click once to switch on the vacuum? or do you have to constantly hold like normal cyclone?

(I don't have one to play with yet =/. Those corrupted areas are hard to find and I'm getting sick of wandering around in low level zones.)
Toupy - Lv93 Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist
Last edited by Myrthr on Mar 12, 2014, 1:08:35 AM

hilariously fun and surprisingly safe. LGoH can be replaced with life leech (had this gem on hand)
Hands down my favorite new skill lol. I'm a crit dagger spectral throw and I use this when there is a huge mob (mobs around shrines) and map bosses and it works AMAZING. I have it 4L with Faster Attacks-Multistrike-Melee Phys. I also have 90% crit chance and this skill is one of the skills where if you crit the initial hit all following hits will crit. When I do crit everything dies.

Only issue I have with this skill is that it takes too many souls to use and you can get stunned mid cyclone unlike the regular cyclone skill.

Besides that it is awesome especially in party because I suck everything in and my party just nukes all the enemies down.

I might post a video of the hilarity that ensues when I kick this skill off lol.
IGN: Titania_
Last edited by sm0ke52 on Mar 13, 2014, 5:14:57 AM
Just found this gem. At level 44 it's fun even without any supports. However I have a question: on a gem it says "32 souls per use", while the tooltip shows 48 souls...is it a bug or am I missing smth?
This comes up in every single Vaal skill thread because people don't read patch notes.

They reduced the souls required by 50% (this shows in the gem tooltip), but each difficulty increases it by 50% (this doesn't show in the tooltip).

So on Cruel it takes 150% souls on Cruel and 200% on Merciless. Note that this makes them just as useless on Merciless as they were before the patch, and confusing to people who don't read patch notes, because the gem tooltips don't update.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
"
This comes up in every single Vaal skill thread because people don't read patch notes.

They reduced the souls required by 50% (this shows in the gem tooltip), but each difficulty increases it by 50% (this doesn't show in the tooltip).

So on Cruel it takes 150% souls on Cruel and 200% on Merciless. Note that this makes them just as useless on Merciless as they were before the patch, and confusing to people who don't read patch notes, because the gem tooltips don't update.

Oh, yes, I missed the patchnotes for 1.1.0d. Thanks for the explanation=)
Don't know how it's possible but when i'm desynced and use this skill I'll see myself spinning but the skill in my bar won't go on cooldown so i have to use it twice to activate. On the plus side, atleast i know when i'm super desynced, i don't use /oos due to inconvenience.

Also, it would help very much if the mobs we pull in don't get pulled to "ground zero" where we stand since the mobs don't get damaged there but are just getting thrown around until we stop spinning.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info