[2.2] Arly's Lightning Arrow - Elemental Pathfinder

Until I get a pair of legacy Maligaro's, I'll be using Thunderfist. Are the Maligaro's that much more superior?
"
nv314961 wrote:
Until I get a pair of legacy Maligaro's, I'll be using Thunderfist. Are the Maligaro's that much more superior?

no, their good if you can 1 shot mobs (solo).
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Hey,I hope no one mentioned this before but what about getting Vaal Pact? And maybe life leech for Lightning arrow, because I dont want to one shot myself on refelect in invasion! And can I make this build in Invasion without having currency? I mean like, I can´t afford a Voltaxic very soon...
Also, what is better to skill Eledmg or crit? Whats better lategame? I honestly never really played a ranger...

Thanks
Last edited by korzasa on Mar 25, 2014, 3:00:34 PM
"
korzasa wrote:
Hey,I hope no one mentioned this before but what about getting Vaal Pact? And maybe life leech for Lightning arrow, because I dont want to one shot myself on refelect in invasion! And can I make this build in Invasion without having currency? I mean like, I can´t afford a Voltaxic very soon...
Also, what is better to skill Eledmg or crit? Whats better lategame? I honestly never really played a ranger...

Thanks

no...this build is heavily reliant on life regen to mitigate casting cost not to mention VP was nerfed to the ground. you can mitigate reflect with purity of lightning/fire, life regen, evasion, acro, ondars. not having a volt is a non issue until your dps is over 5000.
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 25, 2014, 3:10:05 PM
Hey,I wanted to ask, how get items in your gear (voltaxic, kaom's heart and others) they have a price 80-30 ex,and this so many for new player.And if you can write examples low budget gear on 60-80 lvl,pls.
"
GrimmReber wrote:
I've been playing a lot recently and think I've reached what is pretty much the end of the road for me due to the cost of rolling maps and the time needed to progress. I wanted to share my stats and show that this build can be done very effectively for less than the cost of a Voltaxic.

My Gear

Cost of Gear
Bow: I bought it for 7 ex and spent about an ex chroming it: 8 ex
Chest: I bought it for 13 ex and spent an exalt chaosing it: 14 ex
Quiver: I bought it for 4gcp, which at the time was: .4 ex
Helm: I bought it for 3 ex, and spend about half an ex chroming it: 3.5 ex
Gloves: Bought for 8 chaos, which at the time was: .4 ex
Boots: Bought for 12 chaos, which at the time was: .6 ex
Amulet: I found this one. It's probably the only good item I've ever found 0 ex
Prismatic Ring: Cost me 4 exalt and I'm pretty happy with it. 4 ex
Paua Ring: I feel I overpaid a little, especially when compared to the Prismatic ring but the seller was firm. Thanks for the item Ventor: 5 ex
Belt: I'm really happy with this belt and I was happy with the price: 3.5 ex

Total: 39.4 ex

I was using static blows up until now when I finally decided the shock stacks weren't enough as since they weren't coming off a crit they weren't applying to the entire pack, only parts of it. I initially exited out of the life regen side of Scion and I specced out of that in favor of the projectile damage side around level 86. The hanging 30 int node is because with my current tree and gear I have 11 less in than I need for Wrath which could be solved by acquiring an onyx amulet to replace my amber one, though anything I've found that is a meaningful upgrade is at least 15 exalts, though I find it hard to believe my amulet is worth even a quarter of that.

I initially took the two reduced reservation nodes by Templar, though I found myself running only 4 auras with them anyway. If I could run 4 60% and 1 40% I would but I don't ever need to turn on purity as I have at least 119% resists for every element which allows me to run elemental weakness maps that also have elemental reflect.

Losing the regen from scion wasn't that noticeable as I dropped from approximately 160HP/s to 56HP/s.

I eventually decided to get the 30% aura radius notable as I have a ridiculous effect on my group, doubling to quadrupling their DPS.

Now the fun stuff, my stats. With the above tree and gear I have the following stats with 6 Frenzy charges using Grace, Haste, Wrath, and Anger:

Lightning Arrow DPS: 5162.3
Frenzy DPS: 22193.9
HP: 5480
Evasion Rating: 10583 | 50% Chance to Evade

I flipped some of my level 20 gems to 20Q with the vendor recipe and those haven't hit level 20 again.

I have no issues with reflect unless it is double reflect on minus max. I can swap in life leech for weapon ele and still have 3319 DPS on LA, fully charged, and do that combination just fine.

I can't believe I achieved this level of damage without putting a single point into crit which I felt I couldn't do. Getting enough accuracy to actually hit things reliably while still getting life, even while entirely ignoring resists, I've found is simply prohibitively expensive.

I really enjoyed this build. This has been my most successful character ever beyond a shadow of a doubt and has been an incredible amount of fun to play. I'd never even thought I'd had 40 exalt combined yet somehow I managed to build this character.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Windripper should do a huge amount more dps than volt but it wont be reflect immune.

Unless I'm missing something Voltaxic still does a good bit more dps than Windripper even accounting for the crit bonus.
"
Kabrex wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Windripper should do a huge amount more dps than volt but it wont be reflect immune.

Unless I'm missing something Voltaxic still does a good bit more dps than Windripper even accounting for the crit bonus.

are you a crit based build?
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Kabrex wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

are you a crit based build?

Yes, but assuming you have access to a Voltaxic you probably have most of the rest of your gear filled out too. At that point you are essentially one to two shotting most packs, even in a duo or trio. Even on a sustained target I have difficulty believing the extra crit outweighs the damage, attack speed, and inherent shock chance of Volaxic Rift. This is just based on napkin math I did over coffee this morning, and Windripper still seems like a significant upgrade over Lioneye's for this build for a pretty bargain price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info