[2.2] Arly's Lightning Arrow - Elemental Pathfinder

I'm 90 lvl Ranger (normal legue).
Had been away near a 6 month, and I got back with no idea how to get stuff to work on my ELE-Ranger(woth RoA befor).
I want buld LA Rabger, with decent crit & other defence stats.
As you cen see, im enable to use only 4 auras.
My DPS is ok - LA 8k - Frenzy dps is decent to.
But my life is 4600k - its very low for Legacy KAOM user.
It is necessary to use The Blood Dance boots ? im not frenzy user :)

Gear

SC legues V
bump pretty good build :D
Last edited by leocam on May 29, 2014, 6:39:42 PM
so i started as a flameblast burning dmg build and chanced a voltaxic so decided to make this build!

passive tree, still not sure if i should aim for crit chance/multi nodes or go for elemental nodes
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgW1BfkMfQzyDkgPqxB_EZYTnhVQFfAXLxmFGYoZ1xpsGo8c3B2qJDwkqiSwJP0mlSepKPotgy9vMHw2PTbpOdQ6WDyOPs9GcUlRTZJRR1VLVdZXyVptYeJirGTnbWxte2_ycLt9dX8rf8aApIMJhtGHGYhrjDaNfY2_kyeXBp2qna6gn6EioaSiQKSRpcunCKdcqn-quK_rtAy1SLiTu-O95sBRxKLGns3q037UI9UA1orWndkT4Yjh2-Nq44TnVOd06rrr7vT49tr5Y_rS-wn-uv7I

my gear on ambush atm only 4k hp dps of frenzy is arround 21-25k and LA arround 4-5k depending on what gloves i use, still trying to get a kaom's heart
Spoiler

trying to figure out if i should drop the additional arrow quiver for a better one and on what passives nodes to go for, any feedback will be welcomed :)
I'm not sure investing in crit is wise with such a bow. You have 230% crit chance on tree, raising your crit around 18% with your gear, which is still very low. It's very possible you will get more damage by putting these points in projectile or elemental damage instead, something like that. Alternatively, you can take the Athleticism cluster instead of Catalise cluster, and that would allow you to refund a +30 str node, most probably.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 31, 2014, 7:01:41 AM
@iamZERGG & Panini_aux_olives (tasty sounding name btw)

I agree with Panini's assessment that crit is not the only way to go with Voltaxic. Many nodes and gear choices would be dedicated to raising the crit chance and damage to a respectable level. I find this to be very limiting so I've also been considering ways to build a tree that does not focus on crit chance/multiplier.

I think Panini's tree is solid but I do have a few suggestions.

Speccing out of the three life nodes by Mind Drinker to make it over to Training and Discipline will net an additional 2% and +30 to max life.

Assuming the plan is Voltaxic + Auras for damage, swapping one of the projectile damage nodes near the Shadow start for the Elementalist node should be a profitable trade.

(I think these two suggestions are very solid for what we are trying to do. This next one is more personal preference.)

If we're not going for crit and we're using many auras on mana, the Mental Acuity node isn't doing a whole lot. I think trading the Mental Acuity, Lightning Damage, and Shock nodes for the three elemental damage nodes by Shadow start is another profitable trade. These nodes will amplify all elemental damage and give more lightning damage overall. However, we lose the increased chance to shock.
so far not to bad a build,, had to do alot of respects lol use to be crit but sold bow n now wanted to use my Bowa again,,,,
doing bout 16k frenzy,,,LA bout 4-5k
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
is it possible to do this build without kaoms?
of course, like any other bow build. Just get a chest with high life and don't use too many other uniques as they generally have little to no life.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jun 3, 2014, 2:39:48 AM
"
Thecupo wrote:
is it possible to do this build without kaoms?

yes you can, get a high life chestpiece with a couple of resists and try to get as much life on other pieces of gear
I am Working on a LA archer with this build but its a scion based character not a ranger. please send me your skill tree so i can modify it to where i can have a nice archer. and pm it to me please :) also if you wouldn't mind pming me in game i would appreciate the help
StubsTheCat
"These are the gem =)"
-Bex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info