[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

"
Norwind wrote:
Actually how did you make your way to 44? Using weapons until you hit enough nodes on the tree to go dex and eventually a bow?

First, definitely took the "northern" route to Blood Magic to grab the +30 dex skill.
Levelling up, I was only slightly constrained by DEX in regards to moving up to higher-DPS bows, but really it wasn't a big issue - I usually simply hadn't found a better bow yet. Couple times I wanted to Alch a white bow that I found (but needed more dex to use), but there's no guarantee and glad I didn't do it.

At one point I found this 5-L bow with decent damage:

Annoying thing was about an hour later found an unlinked 5 with huge DPS increase - it was about 80-100 dps on Fire Arrow better, even though had to drop to a 3-L chest for FA.

I constantly think about Chaos'ing the 5-L bow to see if I can get it better... but havent done it yet. Should I?

Here's where I am right now, close to re-speccing out of Iron Grip and go north up into the templar area and grab those +ED nodes. I'll be able to post numbers comparing Iron Grip to this tomorrow.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLRQgGS4n7Si1MgkyfjboOlJAoEZpTeNQR1BQVElWBFcNWGNYr18_YEtgiGFSah5uqnKpdO1253gNeu982YZghymMz57NpzCoGKlurFmsqrXyud3G2NIh2WHfv-dS7w7vTvIv8932SP6P
One thing to keep in mind when looking at the other bow is that if you have significant fixed elemental damage coming form your jewelery/quiver/gloves, the attack speed makes a huge difference.

I ended up using a level 11 bow that did 5-14 physical damage, 5-10 cold, 1-25 light damage bow until I was level 40 just because it had the 1.55 attack speed. I had the mana to get buy using rapid fire smaller attacks, and there is a long period where all the bows only have 1.1-1.35 attack speed. It was pretty ridiculous because I could find a bow, that if I just compared bow to bow, was like 3x the dps of my bow, but I was getting so much fixed elemental damage from elsewhere they would still wind up with like 10% lower dps. I basically didn't upgrade my bow until I got "lucky" transmuting a grove bow. Lucky is in quotes because i just ended up with 13-26 fire damage and a stupid +acc mod, but it was still an upgrade :/

My bow makes me sad lol. Luckily my gloves are dual elemental damage with IAS and let me function.
"
Norwind wrote:

I constantly think about Chaos'ing the 5-L bow to see if I can get it better... but havent done it yet. Should I?

U should NOT waste chaos orbs on low lvl items .
IGN : FurioZZ
Last edited by FurioZZ on Jan 31, 2013, 3:11:35 PM
So this is what I got so far:

Was wondering if I put a support gem in the last slot that isnt link it wouldnt apply to my LA right? From what I understand the "physical" dmg of the bow doesnt make a difference since we are only concerned w the elemental dmg. If I could get some critique on these items that would be nice as well =)

Thanks to all you folks that has responded to my posts and esp V for making such a helpful guide
Last edited by Norwind on Jan 31, 2013, 3:31:59 PM
doing night revising of tree i found one thing that concerns me.

in "Life Circle" on our way to IR, we take 2x of 0.4 life regen.
so, my thoughts about it - it seems to be kinda prodigally to invest points in it.
#discuss
Those 0.4% regen passives are awful. You get almost the same amount of regen by just taking an 8% life passive, assuming you have 3-4% regen already.
Last edited by Jakabov on Jan 31, 2013, 3:31:36 PM
doing night revising of tree i found one thing that concerns me.

in "Life Circle" on our way to IR, we take 2x of 0.4 life regen.
so, my thoughts about it - it seems to be kinda prodigally to invest points in it.
#discuss
btw - my precious =)
Guys help me! I just respeced into this build and I lack dps, srly! My Burning arrow dps is 400 and my LA dps is 75..
I'm 49lvl, Any tips on how to increase my DPS? What exactly to look in the items to increase my dmg? I got lots of strenght and im thinking of going Iron Grip, will taht be good?
"
zanik93 wrote:
Guys help me! I just respeced into this build and I lack dps, srly! My Burning arrow dps is 400 and my LA dps is 75..
I'm 49lvl, Any tips on how to increase my DPS? What exactly to look in the items to increase my dmg? I got lots of strenght and im thinking of going Iron Grip, will taht be good?

If you are following the tree, your dps should be ok. Items have a MUCH bigger affect at this point. Do you have alot of +fire/cold/lightning damage and +elemental damage?
Maybe post your tree?

FYI,
I just re-specced out of Iron Grip into the Templar node, and here's results AT THIS POINT (level 47):
Iron Grip DPS (Flame Arrow): 690.5
New DPS (Flame Arrow): 714

That's with a high Physical bow currently.

Current build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLRQgGS4aOCftKLUyCTKJNug6UkCgRmlQR1BQVElWBFcNV-JYY1ivWfNfP2BLYIhhUmoecql07Xbnd-V673zZhmCHKYzPkFWezacwp4SoGKyqud3AGsbY0iHZYd-_51LsOO8O707yL_Pd9kg=
"
citizenX wrote:
"
zanik93 wrote:

If you are following the tree, your dps should be ok. Items have a MUCH bigger affect at this point. Do you have alot of +fire/cold/lightning damage and +elemental damage?
Maybe post your tree?

FYI,
I just re-specced out of Iron Grip into the Templar node, and here's results AT THIS POINT (level 47):
Iron Grip DPS (Flame Arrow): 690.5
New DPS (Flame Arrow): 714

That's with a high Physical bow currently.

If Im not mistaken, the accuracy gem isnt doing anything for you since its not linked to an active skill?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info