[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

I'm willing to try out this build but I'm not sure, why u left out Iron Grip?
It sounds pretty strong with this build`?

nvm: found it in the thread. But still, even if its still the physical damage part which gets applied to the projectiles: you have a shitload of strength. did anyone tried this out and got some numbers for me`?
Last edited by HungryHill on Jan 31, 2013, 5:29:02 AM
Iron Grip on my lvl 66 maru with ~2400 dps on ele hit gave my 80 dps so its crap for ele bow user .

I have a question , is that shock chance crucial in this build ?
How about getting more AS / Ele dmg and stick to split arrow ?
IGN : FurioZZ
Ignore this post. It is a result of great stupidity. Please proceed to the next one.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Jan 31, 2013, 7:24:03 AM
"
Norwind wrote:
I am blind, thanks for showing me. Actually it would only cost 2 reset points since you along along that route anyways to head towards the right side of the tree. Even better!

Nah, not blind, the skill tree can be confusing sometimes. I remember when I first started PoE, it was overwhelming...

"
Substandard wrote:
My only reason for going around the other way for dex is that according to the item list the top end bows require 212 dex and I was concerned about having to gear for over 100 dex all the time.

It may not be an issue.

While it may not be an issue; this particular choice is a matter of personal preference. Both pathing choices are equally viable, really, and both offer different late-endgame choices. Yours is slightly more comfortable itemization wise, I have to say.

"
what are the MUST HAVE stats on each piece of equipment with this build?

MUST HAVE: Generally, if an item has ED modifiers+resistances+HP (+good slots heh) it is perfect. I don't know how to make it more simple. Weapon cannot have HP; helm cannot have ED modifiers; armour cannot have ED modifiers. I hope that helps clear up the confusion a little bit.

"
HughJass wrote:
One thing I don't understand, why does everyone get blood magic keystone?
I would rather put a blood magic support gem on my main attack skill, and run % mana auras +as many static amount mana reserved auras as I can.

While using mana is a viable idea, using blood magic support gem can become a problem because it has a 200% cost multiplier. On a side note, you might have to invest quite a few more points to get optimal mana regeneration rate, and you also practically make Clarity mandatory. It can be done; but it is generally not worth it in my opinion. At least not from the comfort-of-gameplay point of view; with this specific build.

"
hellse7en wrote:
back to question about perfect bow for this build...

quill rain is definitely NOT that bow. its 39 ilvl so it end up like having only 5S maximum.
even with it enormous attack speed it still sucks

A perfect bow in my opinion would be a Thicket Bow with 3 high static ED stats, high % ED stat, high % IAS stat, and 6L.

"
confused, do we use lightning arrow or split arrow as our main attack? in the newbie explanation u say use split arrow.

Lightning Arrow is the main attack past level 50 with good gear. Split Arrow + Fork simply works better before that point, from my experience. If you can afford twinking the new character (which is unlikely considering the youth of OB), you can use LA straight up.

"
HungryHill wrote:
I'm willing to try out this build but I'm not sure, why u left out Iron Grip? It sounds pretty strong with this build?

nvm: found it in the thread.

The point is it only applies to the physical part of the damage you deal. It will provide MISERABLE increase in DPS, and it costs too much for that to be efficient. Iron Grip only works on very specific builds, and this one isn't one of those.

"
FurioZZ wrote:
How about getting more AS / Ele dmg and stick to split arrow?

The shock chance, while not absolutely crucial, can really make a giant difference in the kill speed of troublesome mob packs, and especially if your gear is not Really awesome and you cannot one/two shot monster packs. LA is used for this build over Split Arrow simply because of its mechanics; it spreads around on large packs better and deals more damage in the end. You CAN modify the build to suit Split Arrow and higher AS/Ele dmg though, and it will work too. Split Arrow costs considerably more mana/HP and hits less targets. Another difference is the bonus you get from leveling the skill gem up: with Split Arrow you gain "increased physical damage" which scales very badly with this build; while Lightning Arrow gives "increased projectile damage" which on the contrary scales very well with this build.
I don't know if someone said this already, if it was already said, I'm sorry...
Anyways, you know already that I'm using your build with a few changes of my own with the points you didn't use...
These are my changes: (tell me your opinion, please)
- I took off the two points of Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction
- I took off the Unwavering Stance
- I went through some strength points to get Iron grip

I think Iron grip is really useful...
Give me your opinions, please!!
"
fuqtonio wrote:
I don't know if someone said this already, if it was already said, I'm sorry...
Anyways, you know already that I'm using your build with a few changes of my own with the points you didn't use...
These are my changes: (tell me your opinion, please)
- I took off the two points of Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction
- I took off the Unwavering Stance
- I went through some strength points to get Iron grip

I think Iron grip is really useful...
Give me your opinions, please!!

Iron Grip: 7th quote in the previous post (2nd from bottom up). It does not work on ED, only on PD, you deal nearly ignorable PD, therefore IG gives a miniscule DPS increase for its cost.

Enemy Critical Strike Multiplier Reduction: a Very good node which saves lives when a big monster tries to one-hit-kill you with a crit strike, for example. Generally the best 2 nodes to take on that path.

Unwavering Stance: getting stunned does not mean getting "stunned" like it does in most games, you do not see your character dazed for a couple of seconds doing nothing. In PoE getting stunned manifests in short periods of time immediately after getting hit where you are unable to do anything. For example if you were randomly tanking a lot of mobs in melee range, you would probably be unable to keep shooting out your skills because you would get chain-stunned for 0.2 seconds each time. I don't know how to explain it better, but Unwavering Stance is a really good investment for 1 point spent, and it doesn't give any disadvantage.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Norwind wrote:
I am blind, thanks for showing me. Actually it would only cost 2 reset points since you along along that route anyways to head towards the right side of the tree. Even better!

Nah, not blind, the skill tree can be confusing sometimes. I remember when I first started PoE, it was overwhelming...

"
Substandard wrote:
My only reason for going around the other way for dex is that according to the item list the top end bows require 212 dex and I was concerned about having to gear for over 100 dex all the time.

It may not be an issue.

While it may not be an issue; this particular choice is a matter of personal preference. Both pathing choices are equally viable, really, and both offer different late-endgame choices. Yours is slightly more comfortable itemization wise, I have to say.

"
what are the MUST HAVE stats on each piece of equipment with this build?

MUST HAVE: Generally, if an item has ED modifiers+resistances+HP (+good slots heh) it is perfect. I don't know how to make it more simple. Weapon cannot have HP; helm cannot have ED modifiers; armour cannot have ED modifiers. I hope that helps clear up the confusion a little bit.

"
HughJass wrote:
One thing I don't understand, why does everyone get blood magic keystone?
I would rather put a blood magic support gem on my main attack skill, and run % mana auras +as many static amount mana reserved auras as I can.

While using mana is a viable idea, using blood magic support gem can become a problem because it has a 200% cost multiplier. On a side note, you might have to invest quite a few more points to get optimal mana regeneration rate, and you also practically make Clarity mandatory. It can be done; but it is generally not worth it in my opinion. At least not from the comfort-of-gameplay point of view; with this specific build.

"
hellse7en wrote:
back to question about perfect bow for this build...

quill rain is definitely NOT that bow. its 39 ilvl so it end up like having only 5S maximum.
even with it enormous attack speed it still sucks

A perfect bow in my opinion would be a Thicket Bow with 3 high static ED stats, high % ED stat, high % IAS stat, and 6L.

"
confused, do we use lightning arrow or split arrow as our main attack? in the newbie explanation u say use split arrow.

Lightning Arrow is the main attack past level 50 with good gear. Split Arrow + Fork simply works better before that point, from my experience. If you can afford twinking the new character (which is unlikely considering the youth of OB), you can use LA straight up.

"
HungryHill wrote:
I'm willing to try out this build but I'm not sure, why u left out Iron Grip? It sounds pretty strong with this build?

nvm: found it in the thread.

The point is it only applies to the physical part of the damage you deal. It will provide MISERABLE increase in DPS, and it costs too much for that to be efficient. Iron Grip only works on very specific builds, and this one isn't one of those.

"
FurioZZ wrote:
How about getting more AS / Ele dmg and stick to split arrow?

The shock chance, while not absolutely crucial, can really make a giant difference in the kill speed of troublesome mob packs, and especially if your gear is not Really awesome and you cannot one/two shot monster packs. LA is used for this build over Split Arrow simply because of its mechanics; it spreads around on large packs better and deals more damage in the end. You CAN modify the build to suit Split Arrow and higher AS/Ele dmg though, and it will work too. Split Arrow costs considerably more mana/HP and hits less targets. Another difference is the bonus you get from leveling the skill gem up: with Split Arrow you gain "increased physical damage" which scales very badly with this build; while Lightning Arrow gives "increased projectile damage" which on the contrary scales very well with this build.

Well with the extremely high life regen from this build, the blood support gem on the attack skill shouldn't cost any problems. Also, you don't need any mana regen for this route, since mana will only be used for auras (2 (maybe 3-probably not) % mana reserved auras and as many other auras as you can use).
IGN: Broconist
Hey thanks for ur guide! One more question: how much would u build differ for a lightning strike build.

I am lvl 45 now and i am considering the ranged bow marauder. But I'm not sure :)
How much respeccing would i have to do, to go back to my groundslam heavystrike/glacial hammer marauder or even change it into an LS Build? ty
Another issue (though depending on the user it might be minor) with not taking the BM node and using a BM gem is that it would almost require a 6L, and that is pretty pricey for most people. You would need LA+LMP+chain+BM+WE+(life on hit or leech), where as you can normally get by with a 5 socket (same as above without BM).

Either way, it probably shouldn't be to costly from a respec perspective to start BM and always spec out of it. Depending on your build you would still be coming down in that area for golem's blood/unwavering/berserking, and probably pathing along that branch to get to IR
Alright I am in HC and so far in my passive I got Resolute tech, Blood Magic, Some HP nodes and heading towards Iron Reflexes. What should I be aiming for next in your new set-up? Should it be shock first or just grabbing all elemental increase things first? Thank you for your guide and time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info