[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

This build has been working for me successfully through level 69 hardcore. Cleared merciless piety at like... 65. Granted I have some pretty GG gear, but picking up health nodes early is huge. Life regen is especially beneficial for hardcore, considering the use of blood magic.
"
evantide2 wrote:
Fast question on Cruel bandits.

Does Oak's 12% physical damage work on Lighting Arrow?

If yes, how does it work, exactly?

Is it 12% boost then the damage is converted? Say (100 damage attack * 1.12)/2 for Lightning?

Or is it (100/2)*1.12 for the damage?

Doesn't work, which makes the rest of the questions futile!

CORRECTION: it does work, but it works the same as Iron Grip, and is a waste to take. It boosts the physical part of your damage by 12%, and then 50% of that is converted into Lightning Damage through LA. So the noticeable part of it is 6%, and it is miniscule. On Cruel you want to take 1 skill point or 4% iAS from Kraityn (I took 4% iAS).
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Feb 23, 2013, 5:01:51 AM
"
This build has been working for me successfully through level 69 hardcore. Cleared merciless piety at like... 65. Granted I have some pretty GG gear, but picking up health nodes early is huge. Life regen is especially beneficial for hardcore, considering the use of blood magic.

I cleared Piety on lvl64; though with crappy gear, and I was careful enough not to die a single time. The lag I get though is so harsh and risky... I lag whenever something important happens, pretty much. (Can see that in the video I have for this build; check 1:20-1:26 to see what I mean!)

"
VenatorPoE wrote:

You sure?

People in this thread say otherwise.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/185007/page/1/#p1621038
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
evantide2 wrote:

Is it 12% boost then the damage is converted? Say (100 damage attack * 1.12)/2 for Lightning?

CORRECTION: it does work, but it works the same as Iron Grip, and is a waste to take. It boosts the physical part of your damage by 12%, and then 50% of that is converted into Lightning Damage through LA. So the noticeable part of it is 6%, and it is miniscule. On Cruel you want to take 1 skill point or 4% iAS from Kraityn (I took 4% iAS).

This is not true at all.
Conversions apply bonuses both before and after the conversion. Examples:

Lightning Arrow does half physical, half physical/lightning.
Lightning Strike does half physical, half physical/lightning.
Infernal Blow does half physical, half physical/fire.
Glacial Hammer does half physical, half physical/cold.
Cold spells with Cold to Fire support gem (providing X% ctf conversion) does 100-X cold, X cold/fire.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
evantide2 wrote:

This is not true at all.
Conversions apply bonuses both before and after the conversion. Examples:

Lightning Arrow does half physical, half physical/lightning.
Lightning Strike does half physical, half physical/lightning.
Infernal Blow does half physical, half physical/fire.
Glacial Hammer does half physical, half physical/cold.
Cold spells with Cold to Fire support gem (providing X% ctf conversion) does 100-X cold, X cold/fire.

Isn't that exactly what I just said?

the physical damage is 100
boosted by 12% to 112
lightning arrow does 56 physical, 56 lightning damage

Do correct me if I'm wrong, and show me the numbers from the initial 100 physical damage.

EDIT: Actually I typed 66 instead of 56 there, excuse me.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Feb 23, 2013, 5:26:42 AM
thanks for posting a video m8...

i nearly died of a heart attack couple of times when u were low on health...:-)

so, i guess, in the end game, i will take lot more gear with life and passives with life nodes instead of dmg ones...better to go little slower than die in a split second when my concentration run out or my daughter pull my sleeve:-)

"
Jebenafaca wrote:
thanks for posting a video m8...

i nearly died of a heart attack couple of times when u were low on health...:-)

so, i guess, in the end game, i will take lot more gear with life and passives with life nodes instead of dmg ones...better to go little slower than die in a split second when my concentration run out or my daughter pull my sleeve:-)

From the video four basic things can be concluded:

1. I am a shitty player.
2. I do not play HC because of that inexplicable lag (it gets exponentially worse when in party with anyone, makes it near impossible for me to play with other people).
3. HP is invaluable! Get it as high as possible.
4. Instant Recovery on Low Life flasks - abuse them.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

boosted by 12% to 112

Do correct me if I'm wrong, and show me the numbers from the initial 100 physical damage.

Your math is correct.

This part:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
So the noticeable part of it is 6%, and it is miniscule.

The noticable part is 12%. You said yourself that it raises your lightning damage (from 50 to 56) as well as physical damage.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:

boosted by 12% to 112

Your math is correct.

This part:
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
So the noticeable part of it is 6%, and it is miniscule.

The noticable part is 12%. You said yourself that it raises your lightning damage (from 50 to 56) as well as physical damage.

Whether you add 6% of the base physical damage or 12% of the converted damage, you get the same bonus on the converted Lightning part. But I suppose my wording was not clear enough. Either way, we are both right here! Funny.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info