[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

Hey,

I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to look at the build and do your best to improve it, as well as answer questions when people are confused about it. I was reading another build earlier today and the creator responded to every question with, basically, "this is the best build in the game and you're an idiot if you don't see it, go back to d3 with the other kids if you disagree."

Nice change of pace here.

Anyway, having said all that: I totally see why you made the most recent set of changes. However, is there any chance we could see a link to the previous build somewhere in the original post? I can't find the old build anywhere and I'm curious to see what exactly has changed--I spotted most of the changes from memory but not confident I got them all.

Right now, I like the new build, but I'm strongly considering following the old build for a bit since the new one requires a fair bit of gear I don't have yet, and the 20 level gap between the early/midgame build -> lategame build is significant while most of the interim points are useless (ie getting +mana nodes when you're still running BM for another 19 levels.)
"
Saela wrote:
I can't find the old build anywhere and I'm curious to see what exactly has changed--I spotted most of the changes from memory but not confident I got them all.

Right now, I like the new build, but I'm strongly considering following the old build for a bit since the new one requires a fair bit of gear I don't have yet, and the 20 level gap between the early/midgame build -> lategame build is significant while most of the interim points are useless (ie getting +mana nodes when you're still running BM for another 19 levels.)

Hello!

Thank you very much for the nice words and your support!

As for the old build, here is one of the versions; a pretty good one in my opinion. Not much respeccing needed to build into the endgame one from this. Should have it mostly covered by the 18 free points. (I haven't spent a single free respec yet!)

EDIT: a troll bow mara build I made when I was just starting out PoE -> this is how it all started...
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Feb 22, 2013, 7:01:27 PM
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
doubleDs wrote:
I am currently have mana problems.. i cant seem to have enough mana to activate all 6 auras. Im level 79 and i have all the talents as suggested without blood magic passive. I have all auras linked with reduce mana.. Most i could do is 5 auras with like 0 mana. My max mana is 600.. it seems as if i need gear with mana but you didnt specify you needed mana.

To answer the question though; what level is your reduced mana support gem? That is the problem here, I'm sure.

all support gems and auras are level 18.
"
doubleDs wrote:
Spoiler
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
doubleDs wrote:
I am currently have mana problems.. i cant seem to have enough mana to activate all 6 auras. Im level 79 and i have all the talents as suggested without blood magic passive. I have all auras linked with reduce mana.. Most i could do is 5 auras with like 0 mana. My max mana is 600.. it seems as if i need gear with mana but you didnt specify you needed mana.

To answer the question though; what level is your reduced mana support gem? That is the problem here, I'm sure.

all support gems and auras are level 18.

And how much mana are you missing?
i am missing about 15 mana lol. I've already separated my Grace alone. Grace + elemental weakness + reduce mana + blood magic. I may just transfer all my gear back to my elemental ranger. I am using really nice gear and it seems the trade off is definitely not worth it. Haste aura doesnt NOT compare to the "Faster Attack" gem used instead of blood magic for both LA and Elemental Hit. Determination aura could be easily replaced with 3 passives at the beginning of the marauder tree instead of wasting 6 or so passives for max mana and mana reserve. Purity although is quite nice but still not worth the trade off. At this point its similar Nugiyen's elemental ranger build.

Here is what im wearing:

Spoiler
is this a good first character build as in starting with 0 currency and items??
Brainstorming here.

What do you people say at this:

Drop Grace, Determination/Vitality and Haste.
Keep Wrath, Anger and Purity.

You lose: 15% attack speed, 7% movement speed, 2% hp reg / 50% armour, ~1800 flat armour.
You gain: 14 passive skill points, a free 4L item

How the tree looks like stripped of the 14 nodes required to run the dropped auras: here.

Suggested tree upgrades with the 14 points: Bulky HC, Ranger Sauce, Duelist Cream, Troll Galore.
"
Sicarion wrote:

Yes, it would work well. Make sure you do not try to rush through the game; build up your wealth and gear up (buy; don't craft). If you just rush through, you will find yourself in trouble (regardless of which build you use!).
Yeah, that's one of the big advantages to this build, it's very viable at low and midlevels.

I actually made my current "The Dynamo" build from the very start of this ladder since i figured i had enough experience with it in closed beta, and it completely destroyed my character's viability for the majority of the game, requiring me to get rushed to farming spots to farm for gear.
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
Sicarion wrote:

Yes, it would work well. Make sure you do not try to rush through the game; build up your wealth and gear up (buy; don't craft). If you just rush through, you will find yourself in trouble (regardless of which build you use!).
thanks for the quick reply!! another question though in the older version of your guide you stated that at the end of act 2 normal we should make a ranger and go through act 1 taking split arrow and wrath and fork if i am not mistaken.What if i cant find a good bow by that time do i continue with melee or search for a good bow?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info