[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

4741 Frenzy, 2278 Lightning Arrow, 1807 Elemental Hit Totem.

4.35 APS Frenzy, 2.77 APS LA, 2.94 APS EH Totem.

(I didn't manually calculate the Actual DPS for EH Totem, that is merely the tooltip DPS).

Old garbage Quiver:
Spoiler

New Blackgleam (updated since the last post; now it is not 43% but 49%):
Spoiler
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Mar 8, 2013, 2:11:05 PM
Mind if I ask how much the black gleam cost you in case I go looking for one?
"
ShadowyDream wrote:
Mind if I ask how much the black gleam cost you in case I go looking for one?

I dropped it; actually. Funny stuff. I traded the 43% one for a 49% one a couple of hours ago.

I wouldn't try to give you an estimation on price; prices really aren't my strong point.

EDIT: This is how my character looks. Funny, right?...
Spoiler
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Mar 8, 2013, 3:16:39 PM
Yeah, thats probably my least favorite aspect of this build lol. I have a battle lamellar type armor, and it just looks ridiculous on the marauder frame, and thicket bows look to small for his frame.

Just looted these. 10% attack speed is awesome but I'd have to drop the 80HP on my boots but it's HC, so I can't be doing that. For farming though, 20% rarity will be nice.

Spoiler

I'm stuck wearing the ugliest armor in the game with my fabulous pink boots and tin helmet.
Last edited by Carnavas on Mar 8, 2013, 3:30:34 PM
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
4741 Frenzy, 2278 Lightning Arrow, 1807 Elemental Hit Totem.

4.35 APS Frenzy, 2.77 APS LA, 2.94 APS EH Totem.

(I didn't manually calculate the Actual DPS for EH Totem, that is merely the tooltip DPS).

Old garbage Quiver:
Spoiler

New Blackgleam (updated since the last post; now it is not 43% but 49%):
Spoiler

wtf Blackgleam?!
thoguht it was useless and i sold it for 1 chaos :(
it was only a 30% fire dmg tho

why does blackgleam do so much more dmg?
the phys dmg converted to fire, which is mutiplied by the +ele dmg nodes and WED gem?

but your bow does not do that much phy dmg.
i would have figured the +24% ele dmg from your quiver would help more?

Last edited by Pi314 on Mar 8, 2013, 4:12:32 PM
here is my end build.... still needs some work. it actually starts from duelist rather than marauder.

* It has about 5% less enhanced health and 20 less max health bonus than the SC version *

Otherwise its dps is higher in every offensive statistic

only problem is that it uses 114 points. Im thinking of taking out Iron Reflex since we got like 300 strength anyways .... and some IAS nodes for increase to max frenzy and frenzy duration.

let me know if i should stick to my build (if its got potential to be a damage dealer + decent health)

MY BUILD:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAA5YEswUtBfkMfQ48Dq0QfxRNFHEVIBXwFm8XHRjbGYUZtBo4GtsdFCFgJKootSmlKk0s6TIJMok1kjbpOlI7KD8nQKBBqkOcRQpKfU7IVcZWBFb6V-JZ81uvX6pgQ2BLYIhhUmOnZp5noGe9bPZuPW6qcqlz4XTtdPF35XrvfNmC5IZgh3aNfo9GkBGQVZcGmy2boZ65n8uhpKIAokCnCKeErKquk7e2uJO-p8AaxKLGnsrTzZjPZdDQ037dDd1G3sbfv-Nq6mLsOO4O7m_vTvAf9Pj3MveI-Ov5Y_qx-tL8TvzF

OR if i should just use the one OP had updated today.

if you need overall stats you can comapre them using this calculator here:

http://poe.sitedyno.com/skill_tree/computed/e74e416e069fcb3a522519738fd8c61ef21092b5
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
"
kulnan wrote:
"
kulnan wrote:
I recently picked up some Windscream boots, and was wondering what your thoughts were on them for this build? Low movement speed, but has ele damage, resists , and additional curse. Been using ele weakness and projectile weakness curse with them.

This.

And what do you recommend on a 5L for elemental hit if I am Blood Magic keystone? I was thinking Culling strike..

The first post has been answered already. Really good boots for a bow mara, even with the drawbacks.

As for the 5th link on Elemental Hit, Culling Strike is a good idea. Not really many other gems compete for this spot. Single target attacks really don't require anything more than a 4L, unlike AoE.

Ya, I didn't wanna drudge through the 102 pages looking for it. Thanks for reposting though.

I was also thinking about using a quality Added Lightning Damage for the 5th link instead of the Culling Strike. Thoughts?
With the change to cruel kraitlyn giving 6% ias insteads instead of 4 would it be worthwhile to take this over the 1 skill point? At the end of most builds youre most picking up projectile dmg, 8% life nodes, or 3% ias nodes anyways.

Quality added light damage is probably one of the best choices for the 5th or 6th link because of the added chance to shock which for most builds will be only 20% without it.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 8, 2013, 11:58:36 PM
Has anyone with Blackgleam tried getting the Lava Lash talent? I'm thinking of speccing into it but I have no idea if it would be worth it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info