[Project] Map Statistics!

I could definitely use them in a csv format, it just needs to be separated into fields entirely. The columns I have currently are

League Level Quantity PackSize Magic Rares DoubleBoss 66s 67s 68s 69s 70s 71s 72s 73s 74s 75s 76s 77s 78s FullParse

Obviously he doesnt have the fullparse but a csv with those columns of his data I could import quite easily.
Last edited by Skyl3lazer on Mar 2, 2014, 10:27:30 AM
CSV file ready. :) Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send it your way!
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
Hello! Thanks to that sample, I can now give much better numbers. The full post writeup will be on http://maps.skyl3lazer.com/view-statistics/ when it's ready but we found a few interesting things I can sum here:

Drop Level:

Only two things ended up being significant to the average level of map drops you get. We were expecting 4: Level of Map, Magic%, Rare%, and Double Boss. It turns out only Level and Rare% really mattered, at least statistically. Double Boss probably fell off because many times people dont actually kill both bosses, but the bottom line is that there's only two good factors we could measure. That means that this graph is fairly accurate, with a note that the 70-71 drop zone in the low-rare% 69 area is probably due to lower amount of data from that area

Number of map drops was a slightly different story: Of course quantity mattered, but in this case it was magic% that had the effect.

I should also mention that magic doesn't have a particularly huge effect, so this graph with the general average isn't far off:

Of course the downtick at the end would be due to sample size, not an actual downtick. Either way, there's very clearly diminishing returns, but getting above 100 quantity isn't not worth it at all, just not as much as getting to 80 or so. Chisels remain a very marginally useful currency.

Note that this info is all still under analysis, it'll be more concrete when it's up on the site.

Update: http://maps.skyl3lazer.com/1000-data-points-first-impressions/ is up!
Last edited by Skyl3lazer on Mar 3, 2014, 7:29:59 PM
This thread deserves more attention--certainly more than all the whining about nerfs bullshit. *poke*
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
This is absolutely great ! im mapping hc 75-78 and i will definitly contribute
Edit:
nvm somebody did it

But wow, that (quantity, map) plot is interesting. Definitely not surprising.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Mar 5, 2014, 1:19:17 PM
"
Chisels remain a very marginally useful currency.

hehe, you made such a good work and than this ! :D

Average iiq in our mappool:

pref: 12,17 (341 iiq in total with 28 mods)
suf: 15,95 (303 iiq in total with 19 mods)

Alt Regal -> 3 Mods, one of the 3 Mods will be: MagicM, RareM with > 47% -> 3% IIQ
thus: 12,17+15,95+3 = 31,12 iiq

if you choose to chisel it 2 times before youll get 41,12 with Rare/Magic M mod..ohh, just look in your diagram where you land there: a big green spot ;)

Edit 1:
Also, very interesting is the big blue gap between 40 and 60

Assuming you Alch a map, you'll get in average 4 mods: 2 pre 2 suff

2*(12,17+15,95) = 62,3 iiq thats damn close to the gap, dont you think so ? ;)

edit 2:
Few points are counterintuitive; could you possibly make a diagram, which shows how much data points you have in the areas ? (a 6x6 grid for MM > 20 would be sufficient,)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Mar 5, 2014, 2:45:26 PM
"
Astarte911 wrote:
"
Chisels remain a very marginally useful currency.

hehe, you made such a good work and than this ! :D

Average iiq in our mappool:

pref: 12,17 (341 iiq in total with 28 mods)
suf: 15,95 (303 iiq in total with 19 mods)

Alt Regal -> 3 Mods, one of the 3 Mods will be: MagicM, RareM with > 47% -> 3% IIQ
thus: 12,17+15,95+3 = 31,12 iiq

if you choose to chisel it 2 times before youll get 41,12 with Rare/Magic M mod..ohh, just look in your diagram where you land there: a big green spot ;)

Edit 1:
Also, very interesting is the big blue gap between 40 and 60

Assuming you Alch a map, you'll get in average 4 mods: 2 pre 2 suff

2*(12,17+15,95) = 62,3 iiq thats damn close to the gap, dont you think so ? ;)

edit 2:
Few points are counterintuitive; could you possibly make a diagram, which shows how much data points you have in the areas ? (a 6x6 grid for MM > 20 would be sufficient,)

If you read the full post on the site, there's a breakdown in more detail of where our data points are, as well as addressing some of the other questions you had here.

Thanks for the support, everyone! It's been a fun project, and I hope as people get into maps in the new leagues we'll be getting tons of new data.
Any update on this Project ? Ive submitted lots of data on HC runs :)

I restarted my summoner playing only blue maps (almost all with pack size no chisels so far) until lvl73 and i get many many maps of equal or higher level during those 30+ runs. On average i get more than 1 map of equal or higher level, because my pool is steadily growing. Did anyone notice a rise in map drops too ?
nice project! good job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info