[Project] Map Statistics!

Yay! Now I can get back to SCIENCE! <3

Yes, I'm unreasonably excited about this, especially since I don't even run high level maps yet (and presumably won't for a long time, because the new leagues will be fucking amazing)--I'm on vicodin, don't judge me. =^P
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
I should mention in general, you should submit a map if it doesn't get any drops at all, just specify league/quantity/level of map
increased pack size, increased magic/rare monsters, double boss, will all increase drop quantities without increasing the actual map IIQ.
Forum Sheriff
Last edited by tpapp157 on Mar 1, 2014, 1:02:58 AM
"
tpapp157 wrote:
increased pack size, increased magic/rare monsters, double boss, will all increase drop quantities without increasing the actual map IIQ.

Quite possibly. It's also possible that Sea Witches or similar might change it as well. I'm not *currently* taking those things into account, because frankly I'd like to see the general statistics first. If I can get averages overall, then I can worry about adding more variables and seeing how it effects things. However, those mods also give less IIQ than others, which means it probably doesn't make a huge difference. It would be an interesting part 2 though.

I'm also not taking party size into account, which is probably an important note. Like I said, I'm just looking for sheer quantity of entries at this point though, since a lot of those differences work themselves out over large enough sample sizes.
Last edited by Skyl3lazer on Mar 1, 2014, 1:09:56 AM
"
Skyl3lazer wrote:
"
tpapp157 wrote:

Quite possibly. It's also possible that Sea Witches or similar might change it as well. I'm not *currently* taking those things into account, because frankly I'd like to see the general statistics first. If I can get averages overall, then I can worry about adding more variables and seeing how it effects things. However, those mods also give less IIQ than others, which means it probably doesn't make a huge difference. It would be an interesting part 2 though.

Those mods don't give any IIQ because the increased quantity is inherent in the fact that there are more monsters to kill. 23% increased pack size means 23% more map drops. 15% more rare monsters means 15% more +2lvl map drops. These are going to skew your results and you're going to get poor correlations if you don't take these mods into account.

Maybe consider redoing your input fields so people can copy the map directly from in game and paste all the stats on your site. Then you can store all the data and parse out whatever you want.

"
Skyl3lazer wrote:
I'm also not taking party size into account, which is probably an important note.

Party size has no impact on map drop rates except for unique maps which have their own specific drop rates outside of the overall map drop system.
Forum Sheriff
Last edited by tpapp157 on Mar 1, 2014, 1:18:09 AM
"
tpapp157 wrote:

Pack size, magic monsters, and rare monsters might throw things off enough to be worth taking into account--pack size especially. That said, there will be enough noise in here from other things--did the player finish the map? alllllllll the monsters? what if the boss killed them? etc.--that it may not be worth it. My best guess is that in the end the error introduced from those mods will be quite a bit smaller than the margin of error caused by the sample size.

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Maybe consider redoing your input fields so people can copy the map directly from in game and paste all the stats on your site. Then you can store all the data and parse out whatever you want.

This. Do this and I will log every single map I run.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
tpapp157 wrote:

I....just now have learned that it is possible control-c items. I'll most definitely be setting up something like this, hopefully by the time new leagues drop.
Ok that was easier than expected. The new page that lets you copy/paste map information is available, legacy submission still works if you're going from logs.
Ooh, very shiny new interface. I approve. :)

*pokes forum lurkers to submit maps*

Edit: yes, I'm resubmitting my log again. Sorry for the extra data culling, kind of. :P
Edit #2: magic monsters field is unhappy about being under 100. Since it's labeled +% (which makes sense), should be tweaked. Also, though I'm sure you handle this in the data culling script, negative numbers shouldn't be allowed inputs. (Sorry, developer as well here who's been bitched at one too many times by UI designers and their henchmen. XD)

Last edited by SayyadinaAtreides on Mar 1, 2014, 6:10:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info