[Project] Map Statistics!

"
symph_nique wrote:

Just add the 5% to your Quantity in your c+p for now.

Okey dokey :)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
bump
bump
Hey guys, bumping this thread since I have some insights questions I want to ask the creators.

Thanks for the research by the way. Real helpful for us as mappers due to the high quality of your work.

1. From your findings, how many maps does a map pool of a certain level need to have until you can confidently say it's a self-sustaining pool, i.e. odds are that the map pool will be able to produce maps faster than it's consumed, and at a level equal to higher than its existing number?

This would of course vary wildly between different levels (e.g. I would probably call a map pool of 3 66 maps as self sustaining, but I wouldn't call a map pool of 10 78 maps as sustaining) as well as different individual strategies in spending currency on maps.

2. In your research was there a "sweet spot" for map quantity?
bump
since patch 1.0.3 where getting higher level maps was increased, I have now exhausted my entire stock of lvl 75+ maps. And I run them Q75 higher with pack/magic in them. I have better luck when maps go lower in levels. Lets say under 70 I seem to get 1 or 2 everytime. So with lower maps your fine with a few but higher maps look out, too many maps 5-9 levels lower than the one your doing that's dropping is one of the dumbest things GGG does to the end game. Why cant that be fixed?
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
umh, can we get a statistic update ? Im contributing about 2-3 HC maps 74+ per day, im curious what your findings are.
Project dead ? Then i can stop contributing.
Im getting an error message when i submit map data.
"
DrOwnage wrote:
Im getting an error message when i submit map data.

I think the project is dead... Not heard anything from them in ages... :(

Edit: last time skyblazer was here, was end of may (last post in April). So he might just be busy with life
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Jun 23, 2014, 3:25:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info