[Project] Map Statistics!

"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
Kirielis wrote:
Cartographer strongboxes shouldn't be included. Those are just extra.

There is also another level of trouble. Strongbox guardians can drop maps. Invasion bosses too. And it is not always easy to tell which monster dropped a map. I submit all maps but from cartographer's sb.

Also, maps dropped from urns/chests/... - should those be included as they are not influenced by the map mods (afaik)?
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
SunnyRay wrote:
"
Kirielis wrote:
Cartographer strongboxes shouldn't be included. Those are just extra.

There is also another level of trouble. Strongbox guardians can drop maps. Invasion bosses too. And it is not always easy to tell which monster dropped a map. I submit all maps but from cartographer's sb.

Yes, do this. There's no need to worry about it outside of Cartographer boxes.
bump
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"Path of Exile is a fun game. Unfortunately it is my belief that the mapping system doesn’t correctly allow players that enjoy mapping to do so in a fair and consistent manner."

As cool as all this data is, I feel like you're forfeiting a lot of legitimacy by prefacing your entire site with subjective crap like this.

That's the hypothesis that I set out to prove or disprove by making the site and project though. Yes, it's subjective, which is why I want the stats to show one way or another if it's true :)
bump
Ive been saying there is a problem since I think 1.0.3 is when they increased the drop rates, but they went down. I have been gone from the game for a few months since I asked GGG to look into it and they haven't cared to evan respond to the problem or acknowledge it in anyway. I had kept a list of stats before I left. I don't have the paper anymore but every map I did was over 70 Q, and I was averaging 1.04 maps drops per map, but the biggest thing I was only getting a higher level map 32% of the time. And it has been discussed so many times since that single patch the rates dropped. So I said I will not be buying anything extra to give them money if they cant get off their butts and atleast communicate with the community on it. Sorry I didn't get the paperwork I had, it was 100's of maps done but just got frustrated and tossed it. So checking back to see if 4-5 months later I can see its still not fixed, big surprise lets see how many skins we can introduce but besides that who cares about the community as long as GGG makes their money.
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
I ve my mirrored bow and other cool stuffs by my 1 year hard work.But game doesnt allow me to enjoy it.Map drops from 77/ just went crazy for like 1-2 weeks..So you need to party with other people and charge them for map..Hell there are many idiot people and i dont wanna play with them.Ofc ive some friends but we can not be online everytime cuz all we have also a real life.So when i come home and wanna roll some maps for chilling and then i see map drops lvl 70 68 from a nice rolled 77 maps..They really need to do something about that..I understand gear check for higher bosses hell even i can understand one shot system.But the thing i dont understand is game simply doesnt allow me to play it...Maybe GGG some kind scare of longevity of their games and try to keep people low lvl as much as they can.There is no other logical explanation for that.I grinded enough low lvl maps so now i dont go back again..In that 1 year only a non legacy soul taker dropped for me as a good unique.I did all the currency by lvling gems,trying to make a nice chest 6 L and sell.And in the end i can not do high maps whenever i want.Thats really stupid just as much as when they first time introduced atziri to the game..They are learnining their lessons and hope some day they ll learn that too..
ing:Jamirryo
Last edited by Holyjustice on May 2, 2014, 4:05:07 PM
Do you lot still want us to submit our map statistics? Is anyone working on this project?
Any news regarding mapping?
I'm still submitting :D

Btw. missing an option to include the use of vaal fragments for an extra 5% quantity...
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
kompaniet wrote:
Do you lot still want us to submit our map statistics? Is anyone working on this project?
Any news regarding mapping?

Yes. We're still around and posting in this thread. :)

"
I'm still submitting :D

Btw. missing an option to include the use of vaal fragments for an extra 5% quantity...

Just add the 5% to your Quantity in your c+p for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info