A proper new permanent league: Purity

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
There wont be a new perma league. Deal with it.

You should really learn to deal with other peoples threads and not post in them if stuff like this is all your going to say.

I like you too. ;) <3
Some very good ideas here !
I really think PoE should have a good permanant league, 4 months is not enough for people who can play only a few hours each week. And even for those who can play more, some people (like me) just don't like to build chars for a fixed amont of time and then start over. It really goes against the "rpg" part of the game.
Chris: "Path of Exile’s economy is the most important element of the game to us".
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55102
Too bad they don't see how good the ARPG element of their game is...
I support this idea
I support the ops idea. I am a long term league fan but the introduction of legacies makes me hate standard. I also agree with the removal of mirrors and eternals, Remove culling strike also as a means to balance party vs solo mf imbalance and Id never look back.
It would be very easy, that at the end of the next league, you can choose to roll your character into the appropriate parent league (Softcore or Hardcore) but you could choose 2 paths:

Standard/Hardcore or Purity/1-Life

If your character dies in Pure+Hardcore (1-Life) it is deleted (does not go to any parent, as there is no parent).

If you choose Purity, you are there forever.

How to fix high end wealth issues in Purity (or any league period) without "removing" things from the game:

Mirrors:
You can only Mirror an Item ONE time (only it, and it's duplicate can exist, if you VENDOR he DUPLICATE - you can re-mirror the original only. If you Vendor the Original, it's gone).

Eternals:
You can only Eternal a Suffix ONE time (and if that is an issue to put in the code base, then that's easy too: You can only Eternal an item ONE time).

"Just trust my skill."
"Skill has nothing to do with this. It's gonna take pure luck this time."
"Luck is one of my skills."
love your idea. totaly agree with you. would love to see this happen. death to the standard market !!!
Is there any way we can make sure these ideas go to the right people at GGG?
"Just trust my skill."
"Skill has nothing to do with this. It's gonna take pure luck this time."
"Luck is one of my skills."
I Will Not play dumpster league, and i will not play the short league. I simply don't achieve what i want by playing alone or with a friend in the short leagues, even if we know what we are doing and we farm most of our time.

If your only real offer for fully respected play modes is 4 months leagues, or races, then I will not play. Simple as that.

Deal with it as you find appropriate, i am an rpg player that plays my character for ages, i am not some halfway counterstrike player that loves to restart all over again all the time.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 4, 2014, 9:24:10 PM
Sounds brilliant to me. I only wonder how many players would play considering new content is first accessed in the 4-month leagues and then those characters are dropped back to their parent leagues. With no feeder leagues for Purity I think it would probably be sparsely populated.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
PhadeOut wrote:
Is there any way we can make sure these ideas go to the right people at GGG?

It is posted in suggestions so they sure read it and debate it. How many times do i have to tell people this? Even a dev post said the same thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info