A proper new permanent league: Purity

You'll note I've removed a lot of my responses to earlier segments- these were removed once I got to the point in your post about agreement about causes of standard's poor economy. I removed them because I feel we're getting sidetracked from the main issue of contention, which is not legacy items but league length. Not to mention my entire argument on legacies was in support of them not being the primary cause for inflation(except item find rare legacies- those I agree are bad for any league)- and if we don't disagree there there's no reason for me to be arguing about legacies.

After all, I'm chiefly arguing for a 10-12 month league which like all temp leagues wouldn't have legacy items.

"
Crackmonster wrote:
I have every single of the legacy items i am interested in. Your attempts at attacking me from the most common of all angles - those who are angry at legacy items just mad they can't get them - does nothing to me.

I simply see a situation that is not desirable in the long run. It is a thorn in your side, that as time passes legacy items become more and more unreachable. Let us say for example in 3 years i find an interest in kaoms heart that i never had before, i find out that the build i really wanted to play was built around it. What happens? Farm 1000ex? Unrealistic. It is more likely that i will decide not to play the build i know is possible and really want to play. With no legacy items, that is taken out of the equation entirely, you have peace because you would never theorize about something that did not exist.

[response removed]
"

"
Now the one problem with OP uniques in less competitive settings as I said before is that if the uniques are abundant they kill build variety- but that problem is SOLVED by relegating the old powerful version to legacy items only(results in a supply far smaller then the community).

This is just an excuse of why it is the way it is.

[response removed]
"

If they really had consciously decided it was good with some uber rare better versions of uniques, but their problem was only that they didn't want them to drop too frequently, well then guess what, they would simply make them extremely rare drops.

[response removed]
"

No, they stopped them dropping because they know the updated version is better for the game, and that's that.

[response removed]
"

The funny thing about this all is, it is not the legacy items that break standard, and i see now after your edit you agree, it is the mirrors, the eternals and that the league is a dumpster. Who dreams to play in a dumpster? It is the promises they have made never to whipe it that effectively prevents them from fixing it, they have pushed themselves into this situation, and with the downfall of standard, arises the need for a pure permanent league.

Indeed here we agree- The only thing I ever contested was the responsibility of legacy uniques.

I even acknowledge item find legacies(the old rare IIQ items) are a negative influence(they are the only legacies I feel the game would be better without in all leagues.

Standard is absolutely a dumpster- and that is first and foremost the problem has sprung from their promise to never whipe again.
"

I think you will be surprised at the longevity of the game, when there are no mirrors eternals or dumpings. I think it can easily last a good 4-5 years without beeing flooded. In any case, i am not interestedin newer temporary leagues, that is redundant, i am interested in a proper permanent one or at least a clean one with rules like in OP of duration 3-5+ years.

I really doubt you'd get much more then a year. There's noticeable inflation by the end of the 4 month leagues.

I guess though this is the crux of our disagreement: your first priority is a permanent or near permanent league whereass my preeminent goal is a long duration league with resets *just* often enough to ensure the economy stays nice.

"

Maybe the problem you want to address is that challenge leagues are too short for your taste, ey? :D

Not so much- Honestly 4 months is ideal for me- It's what I would play even given other options.

My stance is less driven by what I personally want and more by what positive effects can be derived from a change and whether they are worth splitting the community between more leagues.

I understand some people don't want to start fresh very often, and I fully agree the standard economy is broken. I see value in providing the players who want a longer server a server with a working ecomy- but believe that the only way to provided a perpetual working economy is periodic wipes- and honestly I think 10-12 months is about as long as a league can run without inflation running rampant.

Ultimately my stance comes down to this:I don't believe any league much longer then 12 months would accomplish the goal of guaranteeing the maintenance of a perpetually healthy economy- and without reliably achieving that goal I don't feel it's worthwhile to split the playerbase further. To me splitting the playerbase is a big cost and need to be justified by reliably addressing a substantial problem.

But at the end of the day if for your standpoint a 10-12 month league is unacceptably short I doubt we're going to come to an agreement- Our fundamental priorities in what would make the new league worthwhile are just different.

Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Hi

Another one of these...

SFL the only other league GGG would ever need:)

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
bilun wrote:
Any permanent league will eventually suffer standard's fate. Legacy item find and not being a parent league certain would slow it down- but it would still happen.

Honestly I think a better solution would be to make it an 8-12 month league- Something more in line with the interests of player who don't want to have to start fresh three times a year, but still not technically permanent. Honestly after 10-12 months of progression players should be well enough established to hold their own in standard, and restarting the hypothetical Purity league every 8-12 months ensure it remains in a reasonable economic state for new players to have a chance at getting established.

I'm about to compliment The OP who I have really really disliked in the past and I guess I'll do the same here as well. I like this idea even though I don't think I would play it. I like what I play to be completely permanent but I really like that there would be a much longer league available for people who want that.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Feb 23, 2014, 4:23:33 PM
"
There wont be a new perma league. Deal with it.

You should really learn to deal with other peoples threads and not post in them if stuff like this is all your going to say.
Standard Forever
Crack you have been my least favorite poster in past times but I really like your ideas here and agree with most of what you said in the OP.

If GGG can't do a better job with standard (for whatever reason) then it would be really nice to see another permanent league. Probably won't happen but we can only hope.
Standard Forever
Hey again, i was gone for a while.

@bilun

There honestly is not so much i can add because i see what you mean and the points are sound.

There are only a few things i want to point out as main reasons why i am not too worried about the longevity of purity, even if it will eventually became swamped.

Standard is the dump of 4 leagues, and standard i believe is only played by less than half of all PoE players. Standard players are only less active than players on the new leagues, reflected by example by the progression of higher levels in leagues.

Therefore, the majority of items and such that flow into standard does not actually come from standard, it comes from people that do not play standard. That is very frustrating for a standard player, it is easier to accept that the league is flooded if it has been done by its own players.

That maybe 2/3 of all standard item influx comes from other leagues, should indicate that purity without mirrors or eternals will be able to last for years. So i am not really concerned with the eventual svamping in the far long run, i am more concerned with the construction of treating standard league like a second hand league.

@iamstryker

Thanks for your support and your honestly. While we do not agree on always things(to say the least), it is good that we can come together about things we do agree on. It probably won't happen, but we can only hope. There is at least no doubt that a permanent league is not a choice that is fully respected by GGG. I think there is also a real demand for a permanent league without mirrors and eternals. We see tons of those threads all over, lots of people who play longterm in standard consider them to have ruined the game. We need a pure league for the longevity.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 25, 2014, 8:30:29 AM
You don't have legacy items.
Some person, somewhere on standard, is going to have the same item as you, but better.
You're butthurt.
There will not be another just like standard but not standard league.
Get over it.
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
Stop trolling, and trying to tell lies.

By chance made my first IIQ character also lately, so i got a fair bit of that, and above uniques are the only ones i would not miss out on due to being build/playstyle enabling because of their unique functionality.

Also, this league is nothing like standard outside of it being permanent. Standard is a dumphole for other leagues left broken.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 25, 2014, 9:19:48 AM
"
Stop trolling, and trying to tell lies.

That are no legacy items , that are items that cannot drop anymore which is far worser then legacy items because ther is no way to get them in standard or in upcoming legues and Volls devotion is a build enabler hidden behind the walls of trading
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
Well okay, maybe i understood legacy wrong, but in that case i could start linking my IIQ sets or maybe things like
ilvl 79 stuffs, things like these are all you need to set you apart. Could link legacy onyx uniques etc.

Btw, did you get your headhunter yet? Saw you offering one thread.

Also romiras is build enabler, romiras + volls/resolute technique = unending cold snap.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 25, 2014, 10:13:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info