[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Detonate Dead build | 1.2 Info inside!

20-25c for rime gaze on ambush now,, not to mention carcass is like 2ex... CHEAP BUILD THEY SAID
Hello

I currently have this build on the templar and i feel like at lvl 61 i'm not dealing a lot of damages. I got a 4L with DD, Chance to Ignite, Fire Pene & Ele Prolif, but I'm way more efficient with my searing bonds, fire traps & flameblasts with some supports on them.

I still got all my resets and i was thinking to go to this one today. You think this is viable ?

I can't seem to find the build i took inspiration from, but clearly i see i got lower damages than what i thought i'd be able to do, and I also seem to not be able to really advance. Even with some nice items. None of my gems got quality yet and i think it influences a lot, as i went Oak/Skill/skill in rewards, thus my DD cast time is .84s. Thanks for your answers.
--
IGN: GyFolks / guicorky / ZevsMightyThunder / UltimateMakeover
Last edited by pezgui on Mar 15, 2014, 8:10:34 AM
@Marmott

Well, i'd drop Iron Reflexes and mana reservation nodes, I don't need any armor or evasion, i think artic armor lvl 18~20 it's good enough, i run 3 auras just fine without any MR node ( Clarity, Discipline and purity ) and at the end i'm still with 600 mana left.

Here my PS
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAA8YEBwSzBVsGDghnCfYSaRRNFHEVuBZvFxwYPBmFGjgabB8CJDwkqiWtJ6ko-ilPLR82xTbYNuk8BT1fRZ1G10lRTLNSU1XGWfNabV3GYG1j_W0ZcXlyqXaCeqp-WX_Ggh6Cm4LHgziHZYgbi4yPRpBVkzqWMpeVl_Sa4Jwtna6f36IAoqOnCKdcp4SsqrTRtQS4k70nwBrB88gMyFvPZdDQ2CTa3dsL3fPhc-Nq5CLqGOvu7BjsOOxV7SDvfO-F8B_3Mvjr-ej9Cw==

I went to fire damage, increase ignite duration and i think i made the right choice.
There is one gem very important missing in your Detonate Dead, it's concentrated effect, if you cannot buy a Rime Gaze, any 5L armor will do it.

I'll tell you this, DD farming docks or any lower area, for real, it sucks.
You'll notice a big change in your damage when you start farming lunaris, catacombs and doing maps.

my gear:
Spoiler

If you have any doubts, just send me a pm.
Last edited by pezgui on Mar 17, 2014, 6:20:03 PM
Great guide. A couple of Q's for pezgui please.
Why the increased area gem in your boots - are you just levelling it or does it add something I don't understand to the other gems in your boots?
Also, I notice your weapon just has 10% increased elemental damage is this coz the other stats are too good to turn down?
Thanks
Since this build takes written in blood, aren't the DoT mods + Entropy worth picking up for the extra 45% burning damage?
@Pixie888

The Increased Area of Effect gem do not add anything to Immortal Call, i'm just leveling it up.

my sceptre it's good enough, it's only 10% elemental dmg, but it also have 26% fire dmg, no problem.

@5hadows

Yes, Entropy and Growth and Decay it's a good thing, in fact, i just respected 22 points and i got those nodes, man i'll tell you, now everything just die in seconds, huge change.

My PS now:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVbCGcSaRRNFSAVuBZvFxwYPBjbGYUabB8CJDwkqiepKPoqTSzpLR81kjbFNtg26TrhPAU9Xz8nQYdFnUbXSVFKyEyzTeNSU1KvVcZabVuvXcZgbW0ZbqpxeXaCeqp_xoIegseDOIdliBuLjI9GkzqWMpeVl_Sa4Jwtna6f36IAoqOmV6cIp1ytSrTRtQS18rc-uJO9J8HzyAzIW80mz2XQ0Ngk2wvdDd3z4XPjauQi6-7sGOxV7SDvfO-F8B_yRfno_gr-jw==

Stats:

Spoiler

I could run grace instead of vitality, but i play standard league so , i don't bother die.
Last edited by pezgui on Mar 16, 2014, 5:06:25 AM
@Pegzui

That's really good to hear, I was unsure if taking those mods were worth or not but I guess the Burn damage really makes a difference.

I didn't think about going all the way down to grab growth and decay but now that you've pointed it out I might do that as well since the Dex nodes along the way really help with the requirements for the skills and some gear.

Also, you should drop the five 6% life nodes near the scion starting point since they only give you 30% hp and then respec into getting the single 10% node and using the other 4 points into getting thick skin which gives you a 44% more total hp + 10 dex.
@Pezgui

Why aren't you guys taking the 8%+8% fire damage beside Immolation?
Last edited by Shnizers on Mar 16, 2014, 9:14:25 PM
Is saffell's still the best shield to get after the nerfs in 1.1?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info