Effective Non-expensive Builds

I`m narrowing down my possible choices. Should start only at the end of this week.

I know I dont want a summoner, or totems or traps for attack. I myself want to hit.
And I dont want melee. So its either bow or spells, right.
Having doubts on wether using armour, evasion or both. I read a discussion with people defending both sides, will read a bit more and decide what to use.
"
spr4ts wrote:

And I dont want melee. So its either bow or spells, right.
Having doubts on wether using armour, evasion or both. I read a discussion with people defending both sides, will read a bit more and decide what to use.

If you don't go melee eva is better choice, but hard to chrome so go with armor/eva. I do it with most of my chars.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
"
bilun wrote:

I'm someone who absolutely refuses to copy other player's builds and sI still disagree with you vehemently.

You choices work for you, we're discussing what's "better"

and truth is that this game is horribly complex and no way in hell newbie will understand all mechanics and repercussions to make good build.

you might argue that he will learn on mistakes, well possibly but he might not stay long enough for second char.

I've tried to make my own build first but this game is counter intuitive / making marauder and going all defense/health nodes? Wtf? I quickly went to forums and never looked back, good thing that I did.

In short build your own chars is good thing, but you must learn something about game first, mechanics etc. Copy first few characters, get some gear, some orbs, some knowledge. Then you can build.
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
At least do some research into DW high block WoE.

It really is quite powerful for very little effort.
"Witty remark."

Talisman SC
IGN: HerbalD
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
"
bilun wrote:

I'm someone who absolutely refuses to copy other player's builds and sI still disagree with you vehemently.

You choices work for you, we're discussing what's "better"

and truth is that this game is horribly complex and no way in hell newbie will understand all mechanics and repercussions to make good build.

you might argue that he will learn on mistakes, well possibly but he might not stay long enough for second char.

I've tried to make my own build first but this game is counter intuitive / making marauder and going all defense/health nodes? Wtf? I quickly went to forums and never looked back, good thing that I did.

In short build your own chars is good thing, but you must learn something about game first, mechanics etc. Copy first few characters, get some gear, some orbs, some knowledge. Then you can build.

Did you actually read my post? Because based on what you seem to think I've said I doubt you read anything besides the first line(not even the post of the guy I quoted that puts said first line in context). the guy I was disagreeing with said players should never copy builds.

I was drawing a contrast- I basically said "I NEVER copy builds, but I fervently believe doing so is necessary to get the most enjoyment possible out of the game for many players"
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Last edited by bilun on Feb 17, 2014, 4:35:24 PM
"

Lol I didnt understand a word of what you said. What is DW and WoE please?

Ops I think I got it, you meant dual weilding wings of entropy?
As a matter of fact I just got an WoE, what a coincidence. I`ll check it, thanks.
Last edited by spr4ts on Feb 18, 2014, 8:02:33 PM
"
spr4ts wrote:
"

Lol I didnt understand a word of what you said. What is DW and WoE please?

Ops I think I got it, you meant dual weilding wings of entropy?
As a matter of fact I just got and WoE, what a coincidence. I`ll check it, thanks.

Yessir, that is correct.

I do apologize for pushing a melee build, as it was late and I didn't see the part where you wanted to avoid it XD.

It's a good solid, cheap build. I think you can work it as Ranger if you can't stand the Duelist. You can facetank 90% of Dominus' Lightning Ghosts with it, if so inclined. Heck, my Duelist has very crap gear to back up the build and can now farm Domi.

Either way, I wish you luck friend!
"Witty remark."

Talisman SC
IGN: HerbalD
Last edited by TheDancingDead on Feb 18, 2014, 2:41:14 AM
Cheap (lower gear dependancy) and easy builds in my eyes:

Groundslam Marauder
LA/ROA Ranger
Summoner
Cleaver

Report Forum Post

Report Account: