Effective Non-expensive Builds

Melee Ranger with high block, evasion + Acrobatics, dagger crit based with Reave as main attack. Cheap, fast and save for leveling, has a decent clearing speed with pretty cheap daggers (1-2 exa for ~180-200 DPS and 8,xx crit, mb even less ...) and Crest of Perandus. Already very strong with cheap gear, and has tons of potential to build up to.
"
ahcos wrote:
Melee Ranger with high block, evasion + Acrobatics, dagger crit based with Reave as main attack. Cheap, fast and save for leveling, has a decent clearing speed with pretty cheap daggers (1-2 exa for ~180-200 DPS and 8,xx crit, mb even less ...) and Crest of Perandus. Already very strong with cheap gear, and has tons of potential to build up to.

If you're going to use a dagger, generally I prefer to go frenzy+melee splash. One of the main reasons to go reave is concentrated effect, but Reave is abssed on weapon reach and daggers have one of the worst reaches in the game- between that and the reduced area of CE and the lack of any AoE radius nodes in the ranger area you end up with a pitiful attack range. With a bit of specialization frenzy can do about as much damage with a bigger AoE radius and no need to maintain reave charges. Reave builds really should use 1H piercing swords- they have so much more reach.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
"
bilun wrote:
"
PureLaine wrote:
For fun sake, I suggest you to avoid "guides". I see too many people cutting through the content by applying a cookie-cutter build without any knowledge of the game and then start to think they need X overpowered item to have fun.

Too many of these people are complaining on the forums because they don't understand the game.

My opinion

I'm someone who absolutely refuses to copy other player's builds and sI still disagree with you vehemently.

A lot of players don't want to think about their build- and they want the frustration of playing for 10+ hours only to realize they've gimped themselves even less. All three of my roomates are that way, and there's no more reliable way to be sure they only play an ARPG for a week before quitting then to force them to make their own builds.

The sad fact of the matter is a lot of people play ARPGs because they want a power-fantasy highlighted by cool loot. Forcing them to think so hard or be weak(or in many players cases even sub-optimal) ruins their gameplay experience. Welcome to the entitlement generation of gaming- it seems to be here for the long haul.
Hey there, you can disagree, but as I stated, it is my opinion based on my way to experience ARPGs.

I wont give an advice against my view "just because".

No, I'm not that guy and I don't talk on other's behalf.

Peace.
"
bilun wrote:
"
ahcos wrote:

If you're going to use a dagger, generally I prefer to go frenzy+melee splash. One of the main reasons to go reave is concentrated effect, but Reave is abssed on weapon reach and daggers have one of the worst reaches in the game- between that and the reduced area of CE and the lack of any AoE radius nodes in the ranger area you end up with a pitiful attack range. With a bit of specialization frenzy can do about as much damage with a bigger AoE radius and no need to maintain reave charges. Reave builds really should use 1H piercing swords- they have so much more reach.

But they're not doing half the damage =) Even with a "barely decent" dagger (~200-220 dps, 9,xx crit) you'll so much damage that you'll have to think about using Vaal pact. But yeah, as the thread title says swords can work just fine aswell. So basicly Reave+Shield, as much block as you can fit in and that's it. Can even use IR.

For my taste the range for daggers is really big enough, but i guess everyone's free to try out what suits him/her best i guess. Personaly, i really prefer dem crits over the range. It's fun to see stuff explode. I mean, who needs range anyway, you're a melee goddamnit!
"
torta21 wrote:
"
spr4ts wrote:
Thks everybody for the suggestions.
What about facebreakers? How good is it with a low budget?

if you want to make a fb build you need BOR or 6L and meginord.

Yeah I know, I`ve read some threads about facebreakers. I believe I can get an Abyssus and a 5L at least, dont know if 6L is too expensive. And change to a 6L later, if I like him enough.
So how good could he be?
"
spr4ts wrote:
"
torta21 wrote:
"
spr4ts wrote:
Thks everybody for the suggestions.
What about facebreakers? How good is it with a low budget?

if you want to make a fb build you need BOR or 6L and meginord.

Yeah I know, I`ve read some threads about facebreakers. I believe I can get an Abyssus and a 5L at least, dont know if 6L is too expensive. And change to a 6L later, if I like him enough.
So how good could he be?

If you are playing hardcore, abyssus is risky. If you don't mind the occasional death, you can clear any content in the game with facebreakers, 5L, and Abyssus.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
I'll add another vote for Searing Bond. Doing it in the one week Dom race, got through Normal and Cruel with just two Quartz Sceptres until I was able to upgrade to a Searing Touch. Only have it linked with Increased Burning Damage and Totem Elemental Resistance (which I switch out for IIR depending on the area).

Currenly level 67 Act 3 Merciless and melting mobs. I haven't been able to use Elemental Equilibrium yet, and I could add more dps using trap/remote mine support gems and/or dual cursing as well. On a fresh character it's best to start as Templar/Witch as you get the necessary gems from quests, with only a few situational gems that need purchasing.
"
reboticon wrote:

When the race ends and my stuff gets merged back to domination I'm going to try out a Righteous Fire + Searing bond build with either spell totem + ice spell / lightning trap or minions linked with cold damage to trigger EE.

Minions don't trigger EE so best to proceed with totem or trap EE triggers.
"
hongmannnn wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:

When the race ends and my stuff gets merged back to domination I'm going to try out a Righteous Fire + Searing bond build with either spell totem + ice spell / lightning trap or minions linked with cold damage to trigger EE.

Thanks, I did not realize that. I've just been using a level 1 lightning trap + fork. Seems to hit almost all of them. Toss again if it didn't work, but I had planned on using some minions so appreciate the info.
"
"
reboticon wrote:

Thanks, I did not realize that. I've just been using a level 1 lightning trap + fork. Seems to hit almost all of them. Toss again if it didn't work, but I had planned on using some minions so appreciate the info.

Why do you think there's no love for my build??[/quote]

It's too OP. We can't handle the powa.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info