Effective Non-expensive Builds

"
Spoiler
"
maffa50 wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
#1 Searing Bond

How much dps can you get with SB? Is it possible to get around 10k tooltip?

Also is there a guide that someone can link so I can get an idea of how the build works?

10k tooltip should be easily doable, given that my gem is currently only level 13, and is well over 6k. My witch's current passive tree at level 58:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcHYwj0DlwQdBDMEmkUcRccGYUaOBpsHwIkqij6KhMrtiynLR8xiDWSNsU22DbpQYdBqkV-SsRMs1crWfNaK15dZp5tGXF5cqlzU3hpeQOCx4dliBuI8YxGkFWcLZ2uo_KnCKeEp5SsWayqtz64k8AawxPGrtH92CTjaudj6-7sVe-F9q73MviT-Ov56PrS_go=

It's just something that I threw together in a hurry as I leveled, so there's probably a lot of inefficiencies in there that could be worked out.

Awesome, looks like something to try while I wait for my free respecs :D
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
Thks everybody for the suggestions.
What about facebreakers? How good is it with a low budget?
"
spr4ts wrote:

if you want to make a fb build you need BOR or 6L and meginord.
Ign: ThatManWithTheBow
"
"
reboticon wrote:
#1 Searing Bond

I'll second this. With nothing more than a 4L Searing Touch that I bought for 20c, I made a witch that has roflstomped every single thing she's come across in hilarious time. 5k+ non-reflectable dps by level 50 or so is just...woof. Hell, it really only needs 2L for SB+Increased Burning Damage, but I threw in a minion+totem ele resist support as well, just because a few specific mobs can be pretty nasty to them.

Yup, I'm at 67ish (other account) in week race using searing bond and starting from... duelist, hehe. Had not intended to go searing bond but doing the race self found, and my drops screwed me for the original plan of duel wielding. Had been using searing 1 totem as a support anyway, and got a +2 dagger drop, so I used all my respec points and went searing + increased burn + item rarity gem. Took EE and broke the self found rule to buy a lightning trap to trigger it. Can kill piety no problem, though it takes a little time, with 3.9K tooltip searing dps.

"
maffa50 wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
#1 Searing Bond

How much dps can you get with SB? Is it possible to get around 10k tooltip?

Also is there a guide that someone can link so I can get an idea of how the build works?

There is a guide in templar section somewhere where he was doing 10K dps using either trap or mine to trigger. My guy is doing 4K from duelist start with only the duelist DoT nodes, the templar fire damage nodes, the ancestral bond cluster, and level 16 SB in +2 dagger. 10K should be achievable with a few more passives (or templar start) + searing touch + high level gem. Empower would also be really good.

When the race ends and my stuff gets merged back to domination I'm going to try out a Righteous Fire + Searing bond build with either spell totem + ice spell / lightning trap or minions linked with cold damage to trigger EE.

Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Feb 16, 2014, 4:01:25 PM
"
torta21 wrote:
"
spr4ts wrote:

if you want to make a fb build you need BOR or 6L and meginord.

With just meginord and good phys rings + 5L you can easily clear piety + low level maps. Dominus is trouble with no movement skills + touch of god and higher level maps are problematic.
"
PureLaine wrote:
For fun sake, I suggest you to avoid "guides". I see too many people cutting through the content by applying a cookie-cutter build without any knowledge of the game and then start to think they need X overpowered item to have fun.

Too many of these people are complaining on the forums because they don't understand the game.

My opinion

I'm gonna have to disagree, based on my own experience when I was relatively new. OP has stated he is still quite new to the game, thus he won't have much if any valuable orbs and will be running mostly self-found until well after he completes merciless.

As such, he won't have a lot of regrets if any at all in order to get back any passives he mistakingly used. My first summoner witch had this same problem, and I completely ruined it because I didn't read a guide, nor did I have orbs (and couldn't afford any for that matter) to fix her.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
PureLaine wrote:
For fun sake, I suggest you to avoid "guides". I see too many people cutting through the content by applying a cookie-cutter build without any knowledge of the game and then start to think they need X overpowered item to have fun.

Too many of these people are complaining on the forums because they don't understand the game.

My opinion

I'm gonna have to disagree, based on my own experience when I was relatively new. OP has stated he is still quite new to the game, thus he won't have much if any valuable orbs and will be running mostly self-found until well after he completes merciless.

As such, he won't have a lot of regrets if any at all in order to get back any passives he mistakingly used. My first summoner witch had this same problem, and I completely ruined it because I didn't read a guide, nor did I have orbs (and couldn't afford any for that matter) to fix her.

I actually support an approach in between ;)

I think it is good to look at lots of guides to get an idea of how they are built, and then build your own with the knowledge gleaned. The first time I tried following a guide verbatim I ended up getting into trouble because it would all be tied together by that one item I could not acquire.
RF build is pretty easy and cheap to get started, there is one requirement though, rise of the phoenix unique shield and certain levels for some gems.
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
"
maffa50 wrote:
You can augment your tree with things like EB + MoM and Iron Grip but all in all ST builds are pretty forgiving of less optimal decisions, before endgame anyway.

You don't just go taking MoM like it's another +2 node. Sorry terrible advice. You need a decent mana pool to support MoM.
"
PureLaine wrote:

My opinion

I'm someone who absolutely refuses to copy other player's builds and sI still disagree with you vehemently.

A lot of players don't want to think about their build- and they want the frustration of playing for 10+ hours only to realize they've gimped themselves even less. All three of my roomates are that way, and there's no more reliable way to be sure they only play an ARPG for a week before quitting then to force them to make their own builds.

The sad fact of the matter is a lot of people play ARPGs because they want a power-fantasy highlighted by cool loot. Forcing them to think so hard or be weak(or in many players cases even sub-optimal) ruins their gameplay experience. Welcome to the entitlement generation of gaming- it seems to be here for the long haul.
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info