When should I expect to loot a 6L?

It's been 900 hours and ~8 level 70-80 characters and I've never looted a 6L other than 1 Tabula Rasa. Am I seriously unlucky or is this expected?

Update 7/31/15 - I'm at 2500 hours now and haven't looted a 6L NOR fused a 6L.

Update same date - Found my first 6L! lol L72 Imperial Maul in a fully linked strongbox.
Last edited by fordfanboi on Aug 1, 2015, 1:41:55 AM
Looting a 6L is like winning the lottery.

You're more likely to get hit by lightning.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
fordfanboi wrote:
It's been 900 hours and ~8 level 70-80 characters and I've never looted a 6L other than 1 Tabula Rasa. Am I seriously unlucky or is this expected?

Extremely normal.
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
i have found a single 6 link in all my time playing.

youll likely never see one, same for a mirror.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Wow - crazy rare then. Thanks for the replies!
Think of how many times it takes to roll 6 sockets with jewelers- multiply that by how many fusings it usually takes to 6L(1000-2000 easy). That is how many two handed weapons and chestpieces you need to see drop on average to see a 6L drop- Probably up in the hundreds of thousands.

Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
The honest answer is that you flat-out should never expect to loot one. The odds are so astronomically low that the huge majority of players are never going to have a 6L drop. You might be able to link one though.
The same day you win the lottery and see a flying unicorn having $#% with a pink elephant
@HabiaUnaVez_Truz or leave a PM if im offline
Just find a good build. 5L will do.
Unless CoCer. Then learn to live with tabula (they REALLY love sockets)

most ppl never see 6L

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
I have found one 6L during my whole visit to PoE. It was a ilvl 79 thicket bow. I have been playing almost a year now 4-5 evenings per week and that's the first 6L I have ever seen drop, even when running in a party.
IGN: discoCowboy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info