[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

"
Erodion wrote:
I think poemods.com was updated not long ago, and hadnt been changes on mods since then. You can try to contact with the creator to ask if is up to date.

The cases i see most often is the life on rings ( and same for amulets), flat es/ar/ev on gloves boots, life on boots and gloves ( T1 is 80-89), and life on helmets ( t1 is 90-99).
Or life and mana leech, i dont remember if the script recognises this, but on amulets there are 3 tiers, but on rings only the first.

I'll look into it. I can't remember now from the top of my head if I used that before or if it was that Google Docs document that was linked from the Wiki a while back.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Just had to post quick to say: You are a GOD! I don't even care if it's not perfectly accurate on all rares, this will make my life learning this game so much easier! And the install was insanely easy to boot.
"
coldcandor wrote:
Just had to post quick to say: You are a GOD! I don't even care if it's not perfectly accurate on all rares, this will make my life learning this game so much easier! And the install was insanely easy to boot.

Thanks for the kind words!

Just wanted to take the opportunity and add some info about the script's accuracy and how it works:

If it wasn't literally impossible to make the script 100% accurate, believe you me, I would not stop until I have it just right. Why is it impossible? Well, an affix line can have as much as 1 composite and 2 normal affixes contributing to one value displayed for the line.

Then, for reverse engineering what contributed to that value, the task is akin to me giving you a number and asking you to work out what other numbers I combined to get that number.

Unless I give you further hints (I only used prime numbers, I only used multiplication, only even numbers, etc.) it is impossible for you to tell me the arithmetic that produced that number.

Now, luckily, I do have those hints (e.g. item level, stat ranges, if I know one composite value contribution I can find the remaining contribution and so on) but that still leaves cases after elimination of "could-be"s that may result in incorrect indentification.

Discounting cases that I just can't support at all (master crafted affixes, exalted affixes) most of the time there are really just two possible cases to choose from (depending on how many simple affixes the simple pass covered I go for the most complex case of the two or total affix stats not permitting I go for the most simple combination - more on that in the next paragraph).

From a very high level perspective, what I found works best is the following: take an out-of-order, divide-and-conquer approach by dividing the parsing up into passes.

1) First do a pass for simple affixes and gather as much information as you can because that infomation will be reliable and will be useful as a solid foundation for the next step.
2) Then with that information in hand, start a second pass for complex affixes (things like spell damage, hybrid defences, stun recovery etc.).
For the second pass use a bottom-up approach by going for the most complex combination first (assume it really is 2 composites and 1 normal affix contributing to those 2 lines in question). Parse one composite line and note the results.
3) Now once you get to the counterpart lines in question if something doesn't quite add up, throw away earlier results and start over now going for the other case that you didn't look at yet.

Simplified, that's basically it. Given what I have to work with I am reasonably pleased with the script's current accuracy.

Also, note that for those cases where I absolutely know that too much guesswork occured I do mark these lines with a star symbol to the let the user know to double check the results.

PS: I should also note that I am hopeful of increasing the script's accuracy further when I found a reliable source that gives me stat ranges discriminated by gear type.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 13, 2015, 3:17:00 PM
nm, update ahk and working fine now :)

Spoiler
getting this error halp! xD

Msg := Object()

Msg["Unhandled"] := "Please report the following item to the script's forum thread.`nThanks so much for helping out!`n`n(Note: items with crafted or exalted mods are currently unsupported)"
Msg["WrongAHKVersion"] := "AutoHotkey v" . AHKVersionRequired . " or later is needed to run this script. `n`nYou are using AutoHotkey v" . A_AhkVersion . " (installed at: " . A_AhkPath . ")`n`nPlease go to http://ahkscript.org to download the most recent version."
Msg["DataDirNotFound"] := "Error 37`n`n'data' directory not found at '" . A_ScriptDir . "'.`n`nPlease make sure the data directory is present at the same location where you are executing the script from."
Last edited by pleasejason on Feb 14, 2015, 2:13:49 PM
Hi, the script doesn't seem to be working for me.
I get
"Error at line 124. #Include file C:\Users\Admin\Appdata\local\temp\temp1_PoE-Item-Info-v1.8.4b-hazydoc-20150206.zip\data\version.txt can not be opened."

I have downloaded the latest version of ahk from the site in the original post.
Anyway to fix this so I can run it?
"
aorules wrote:
Hi, the script doesn't seem to be working for me.
I get
"Error at line 124. #Include file C:\Users\Admin\Appdata\local\temp\temp1_PoE-Item-Info-v1.8.4b-hazydoc-20150206.zip\data\version.txt can not be opened."

I have downloaded the latest version of ahk from the site in the original post.
Anyway to fix this so I can run it?

It looks like you are trying to run the script directly from within the ZIP file? That won't work. Extract the full contents of the ZIP (e.g. the "PoE-ItemInfo.ahk" file and the "data" directory that's inside the ZIP) to a place on your hardrive and then run the script.

If you aren't running the script from the ZIP file then you probably opened the ZIP and tried to extract the contents by dragging and dropping to someplace else? For some reason though the drag and drop operation didn't complete and left some of the files in your computers temp directory (where they will be deleted from after a reboot).

Rarity: Rare
Sol Needle
Imbued Wand
--------
Wand
Physical Damage: 19-35
Critical Strike Chance: 8.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.50
--------
Requirements:
Level: 59
Int: 188
--------
Sockets: B B B
--------
Itemlevel: 70
--------
19% increased Spell Damage
--------
37% increased Spell Damage
32% increased Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+70 to maximum Mana
+29% to Lightning Resistance

Thanks for this tool btw
"
hazydoc wrote:
"
Borgese wrote:

This item seems like a weird case. Script shows that it only has 1 T0 prefix (Reflects 204 Physical Damage to Melee Attackers) and is mirrored.
"
Rarity: Rare
Viper Barrier
Mirrored Spiked Shield
--------
Quality: +1% (augmented)
Chance to Block: 26%
Evasion Rating: 272 (augmented)
Energy Shield: 38 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 66
Dex: 85
Int: 85
--------
Sockets: B
--------
Itemlevel: 73
--------
Reflects 204 Physical Damage to Melee Attackers
--------
+1 to Level of Socketed Melee Gems
+138 to Evasion Rating
+30% to Fire Resistance
+40% to Cold Resistance

Unfortunately support for mirrored items, as well as support for master crafted or exalted mods is iffy at best at the moment (or non existant in the case of master crafted).

I don't see any way to remedy the situation (hoping for GGG to throw some special syntax in there for these cases so I can teach the script to recognize them)

That was actually the point of my post. The item isn't mirrored (used an armor scrape on it just to show that) yet shows up as mirrored.
As a long time player, I can honestly say that this tool will save a lot of time and I am really looking forward to trying it out. It will save me from having to alt + tab to double check affixes on poemods.com, as well as holding on to junk rares in maps. Thank you very much for taking the time to put this together.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
nevermind

Last edited by hazydoc on Feb 22, 2015, 4:38:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info